New Wii on the way?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Valkysas, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    What They Play - Blog - New Wii due by 2011

[​IMG]

:( 

I just hope you'll be able to transfer all your existing wii ware and virtual console purchases to it.

If this IS true, and developers are finding out about it now, I'm worried they're going to slack off on current Wii development (even more) and wait for the one with "real next gen visuals".

2. Omega Supreme V

Omega Supreme V I protect those I care 4

hmm, so it would behoove me to buy an old Wii when the new one comes out?....screw that..that's too long of a wait!

Wii's are fun, but damn my cheap self and pointless bidding :( 

I would like to play

I'm oxygen deprived ;-/

3. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

I'd be very, very surprised if this is true.

But Reggie pics are always welcome :lol 

4. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Yeesh I don't even have a Wii yet and already they're talking about bringing out a new system. Call me crazy but didn't the original Nintendo last about ten years before the SNES hit the shelves? Why is it everyone has to keep jamming new systems down our throats before we get accustomed & all the play value out of the old? Hell the VC alone doesn't have near enough titles I thought they would by now.

Ugh, just stop bombarding us with newer flashier gimmicked up systems fer cripes sakes, it hasn't gotten me into the PS3 it sure as hell hasn't gotten me into the X-Box and I'm tired of being a Game System Whore to Nintendo. If they make another new system called the Fantabulous Wii-Wii mon dieu six years later I'll really be cheezed off. I mean what the hell do we need more graphic intense systems when 95% of the games out there treat the graphics like crap and their gameplay/storyline leaves much to be desired?

5. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    you guys remember Howard Lincoln? He used to be like my Santa Clause.

6. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

WiiII(Wii2)

7. UnicronHound

UnicronHound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Acouple issues ago Gameinformer reported on this saying that it's a whole new system, the same for the X-Box 360, but they said they should be out around 2010, that's one reason as to why I got rid of my Wii.

8. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    Once more, Nintendo arrives too little too late. Think about it. When the Sega Saturn and Sony Playstation came out, they used CDs for their games, while the N64 stuck with cartridges. No one seemed to mind that. Then the Gamecube came out, which finally utilized CD technology. Some people like me were expecting at the very least DVD playback, but instead, the Gamecube does not offer that little feature like its competitors (PS2 and Xbox). Oh, it CAN connect online, there's just not that many games for it that can be played online. For the Gamecube, all it had for online games were Mario Kart Double Dash and Phantasy Star Online Episodes I and II. That was it. But then finally...FINALLY Nintendo does come out with the Wii, and it's revolutionary. Motion-sensing controls, online gameplay, the ability to play past games by purchasing them from Wii Shop, backwards compatibility with Gamecube, and of course, HD format...kinda. Unfortunately the Wii was basically a super-powered Xbox when it comes to graphics. So, what makes Nintendo think this new Wii will be truly a "NEXT GEN CONSOLE"? They already have the first Wii-oh wait, that barely qualifies as next-gen to them, right? "Hey, you know how you have the first Wii, right? Well, we're gonna rape you of your money again by offering empty promises with this NEW Wii! And it's in HD, like the old Wii, only this one's kinda better! But when you tear it down, it's the same damn thing just with better quality like the PS3 and 360!"

Remember back when I first saw the controller for the Wii, and then the name of the Wii itself. I said that this system would suck somehow?

I found it. THIS.

9. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Especially ones where he lookes like David Milliband after too many pies.

10. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

it's just speculation right now. since the wii came out in 2006, 2011 is about the right time for a new console since they tend to come out every 5 years or so. i'd hardly call this news.

11. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    nintendo came out in Sweden 1985, SNES 1991 N64 1996 GC 2002 Wii 2007.

Nintendo usually goes 5-6 years between consols. The Wii came out 2007. meaning a new consol would be due in 2012 or 2013.

I aint surprised. If nintendo get as strong grafic since that is the main reason for so many ppl in the world these days and get the Wii remote with the add on to 1:1 then there is no telling how great the game can be both graphicly and controller wise.

The controls for MPC are perfect for a shoot em up.No controls on the X360 nor PS3 beats that.

Nintendo are on the right way IMO with the controller now they just need to get the bad arse grafic aswell and a nice online thing to make the REAL next gen consol.

I am not a fanboy I am aiming to complete my Wii with a PS3 and enjoy games on all 3 consols but dont have time for 3 consols so I narrow it down.

12. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

Actually the Wii came out in 2006.

13. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    yeah but we swedes are about a year after so in USA terms it should be 2011-20012.

Wii gota relese date in Sweden on December 19 2006 ( almost 2007)

14. Omega Supreme V

Omega Supreme V I protect those I care 4

so, hearing/reading this

anyone want to sell me their Wii? ;) 

15. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You know what would be nice? Much like another poster mention in a previous thread, an official Nintendo swap. Where if you traded in your console to them, you got "x" off the price of the new system.

16. Boy who screams

Boy who screams Banned

Don't most electronics stores have that anyway?
    EB in Australia certainly does.
    As for the new console, graphics smaphics. If they want to release a new console, fine. But I hope they don't get carried away by the whole 'graphics are everything' mentality everyone's got going on.

17. UnicronHound

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought that Gamecube came out in 2001, around the same time(if not the same date) as the X-Box

18. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

It did in Japan and North America, Easterling Capt is running on swedes' time.

19. UnicronHound

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    oh. my bad. I thought that he was only refering to the original Nintendo

20. adam-x

adam-x megazord activate,,

all this graphics talk is crap, I like the new graphics but I sure as hell love playing old school games with more simple graphics. Wish their would be more of a emphasis on fun and less on O wow crazy powerful graphics.
    Example-mega man 9 new game with simple graphics and fun as hell.