New Wal Mart Exclusive Bumblebee Three Pack

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, May 23, 2008.

1. Skywave

Skywave Transformers Noob

What a great set! Can Hasbro stop making repaint better than the orignal ? :(  I hate to buy the same character twice, but that Classics Bumblebee make this set a winner for me, I definitly want one. I already have the 3 mold, but I might be able to sell my double Premiums Bee and Animated Bee to a friend or something.

And from now on, I want Bumblebee with some black deco/stripes, no more white please :p 

2. UltraDevmodious

UltraDevmodious Well-Known Member

if i can even find this exclusive i will get it.

3. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Nice. They should do a Starscream set like this.

4. LXL_Guy

LXL_Guy Well-Known Member

I didn't have a chance to get classics BB when it was first released so, finding this set would be nice for sure. Too bad it had to be a Wal-Mart Exclusive. Oh well...anyone here happen to know of a tentative release date on this?!

5. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks good but I'll never find it.

6. Max-prime

Max-prime Supreme-Commander

News Credits:
    Take the blue pill and free us all .... lol

7. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    If I pick this up, it's only goin on the shelf. MISB since otherwise it couldn't justify buying the classics and movie versions again...

8. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Very tempting. I couldn't care less about Animated BB, but the new Paint job on Classics BB looks awesome. And I wasn't going to get the Premium BB, but man....this might be an impulse buy on my part.

9. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Every time I look at this 3-pack, I can't help but sing to myself, "One of these things is not like the others..."

10. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    animated BB is to big

11. LatinJEM777

LatinJEM777 TFW's Premier Shredder

A must get since I don't have movie BB anymore, and I don't have animated BB yet!

12. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll be all over this. I may be buying a couple sets.

13. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

MINE!!! I was going to get Henkei Bumblebee, but this looks like a better deal. Three Bees I don't have (yet :ev: ).

Stay out of the Transformers aisle kids, or I'll run you over.

14. IronhideTF

IronhideTF Give Stare Over There.-->

Release date?

15. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Interesting 3-pack. I really like the deco on Classics Bumblebee, but honestly, I have no interest in the other two. Combine that with the fact I don't shop at Walmart any more, basically means there's no way I'll be getting this set. I might try and see if I can buy just the Classics BB off of someone who doesn't want it, though I'm not sure who wouldn't want it, lol.

16. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    classics black-striped bumblebee + new head = classics bumper or hubcap in my book.

17. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    I'm probably going to get flamed to the point of being cremated for saying this, but...

While I *do* think this set is a great representation of the 3 main Transformers series Hasbro plans to focus on now, only one of those figures actually looks like a Transformer to me (yeah yeah, I know, insert the "WTF is a Transformers supposed to look like!?" retorts here, hehe). In my personal/humble/meager opinion, seeing these designs styles side by side really emphasizes exactly how "parts explosion" alien bug looking the Movie aesthetic is and how over the top kiddy the Animated aesthetic is. I think the Animated version especially stands out and really drives home the fact that they're clearly aiming for an even younger demographic with that particular series. I personally predict most kids who get these bought for them (8 years & older) will absolutely flip over Classics Bumblebee since most of them have never seen this version, while Animated Bumblebee will either strike a chord with anyone younger or be given to little sisters because of the overly "cute" factor. Not sure where that leaves Movie Bumblebee.

And I mean no disrespect to anyone who likes all 3 of these. I'm not saying that Movie or Animated totally sucks in comparison to Classics, so please factor that in before you proceed to rip apart my post :)  I just think that when you take the Movie & Animated design styles out of context with the series they're a part of and put them beside each other, it becomes a lot more evident of *how* different each line really is. But in a weird way, I *do* also respect the variation Hasbro is able to come up with, regardless if I can only personally relate to 1 out of the 3.

Moving on, I think it makes perfect sense for Hasbro to release a 3-pack like this since Bumblebee is such a main character in each series, maintains the same color scheme in each one, and is a uniform Deluxe size class. Save for *maybe* a similar styled version featuring Deluxe or Voyager sized Prime's, I can't see them doing the same sort of thing with anyone else. The differences between Classics, Movie & Animated Megatron or Starscream, for example, are *so* extreme that I think it would be a hard sell for kids & parents alike.

Just my Friday morning 2 cents over a cup of java & cigarrette :) 

18. Talathia

Talathia TFW's Cool Little Heathen

Same here, I'll get this just to save me time with getting TF; Beee too. o.o

19. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

No flames here. I think that's exactly the point of the set: showing how differently the same character has incarnated over time. And I believe it will be an exclusive precisely because it has shelfwarmer/collector's item written all over it. At least half of the people here, including myself, will buy just to keep it sealed - it's gonna be hard to find kids that relate to all of them, let alone convince their parents to buy a bunch of toys together when they want just one. Even harder now that TF:A will be hitting shelves, and kids will finally be able to find bbb on his own card.

I mean, for guys like me that take these kind of pics just for fun
    [​IMG]
    this set is totally full of win. :thumb 

20. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If they put in a keychain bee, they would need to paint black stripes on it also. =)

On another note, anybody planning on getting the KayBee exclusive TFTM "The Hive" 24-pack?

Worker Drone Bees - x10
    Lazee (77' Regular Bee)

Soldier Bees x7
    Maybee (09' Regular Bee)
    Dambee (09' Battle Damage Bee, Target 2-pack deco)
    Oldbee (09' Grey limbs Bee, screen battles deco )
    Deadbeet (half bee from Longarm screen battles deco)
    Bluebeebee (09' Allspark)
    Kaybee (yellow no stripes, NEW DECO)
    Newbee (yellow w/ white stripes, NEW DECO)

Elite Guard Bees x4
    Angr-bee (09' cliffjumper)
    Stealthee (09' Stealth Bee)
    Rabees (white w/ stripes, NEW DECO)
    Honeybee (translucent yellow, NEW DECO)

Other Bees x3
    Queen Bee (09' premium)
    Baybee 1 (legend bee)
    Baybee 2 (legend cliff)

Last edited: May 23, 2008