New Vortex Gameplay Footage

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by HeroicC300, Jul 19, 2012.

1. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    I get what your saying. it kinda through me off for a second hearing his voice. I expected something similar to animated swindle.

2. silverbolt07

silverbolt07 head Aerialbot

News Credits:
    I guess we have different definitions of smooth but yea, the only two that sounded very similar to each other were blast off and vortex. I expected brawl's voice to be dopey and rough, the same for onslaught.

3. jop

jop Sesquipedaliacon

I am of the opinion that the prolonged popularity of the Combaticons is derived, in all or in part, from the portrayal of their very distinct personalities (and voices) during the G1 cartoon run. Onslaught is depicted as a haughty tactician; Blast-Off, an aloof intellectual; Vortex, cruel and snide; Brawl, aggressively gruff; and Swindle, the consummate profiteering wiseguy. ("The Revenge of Bruticus" is a wonderfully demonstrative episode in this regard.)

By comparison, the Fall of Cybertron iterations could be described thus: gruff, gruff, gruff, gruff, smooth. (Not to mention, Warpath - and his infamous verbal tics - appear to have also fallen prey to the "Military Cybertronians = gruff" mentality.)

So; it seems an unfortunate missed opportunity. Or perhaps a cynical ploy to appeal to the non-fan cover shooter demographic? Who knows.

4. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I find the combination of the dialogue and the setting/visuals to be rather odd.

The stuff that comes out of their mouths (their insistence of continually calling out each others names, "Decepticreeps!") makes it sound like a game for a much younger audience, yet the setting and visuals make it look like a dystopian sci fi for older folk.

5. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Onslaught usually has a more intelligent sounding voice. Brawl, i was hoping to have his WFC voice. sounded better that this new one. and for Swindle, i think the TOM voice suits him

this. i kinda wish there was cursing in this. not like sailors but words like "damn" and "bitch." i'm tired of the same old "decepticreeps" thing. just wish there weren't so many 10 year olds playing this. then we could have a borderline M game.

6. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    Or G1.