New video clips showing the mini MP OP!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Maximo Prime, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    Want a Mini MP OP? How bout a black one? How about translucent?

Here are a few vids showing the prototype in its latest stages, brought to you by iGear and Partner Products!

Transforming Clip
    Joint Test 1
    Joint Test 2

first clip is about 3 1/2 mins long, shows someone transforming it.
    2nd clip shows an aggressive joint test. this thing is TOUGH.
    3rd clip shows another aggressive joint test. Wow...

when you click on the 2nd and 3rd clips, there's like 10 seconds or so of Japanese ads, just wait and the video will start.

Also, some GLORIOUS pics and features of these new figures.
    Lots of pics of Regular, Nemesis and Clear Leader

Each comes with the matrix (of course), a card, replaceable head and hands, a base, the ax, his gun, the mini MINI walther gun, and a manual. They're called Faith Leader, Nemesis Leader and Clear Leader. so far, i haven't seen any battle damage paint aps, which I'm happy about.

In alt mode, a total match for size of Classics OP! yet strangely taller than him in bot mode.

DO WANT!!

2. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
    I want it so bad but the price is not just. I would understand if it was 100% custom figure. Its more like a super high quality resized KO in this case. Would get the regular faith leader for $70

3. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] BATTLE GAIA!

News Credits:
    Ill see how much the imported price is for him, then ill make a decision. But it's looking really nice at the moment. Thanks for the vids, bro! :D  :thumb :

4. marshall dusty

marshall dusty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    very nice, joints look tough but then look seems like after a while they might get loose after some wear and tear.

5. David

David . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Awesome, looks like they did a great job.

6. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Shame the first batch have sold out.

7. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My only concern about the joint test videos is this: The knee joints are obvously tight, but in both videos you see the guy has a pretty good grip on the thighs while he's doing it. Then it's straight to the hip and arm joints. I didn't see them try to move the whole leg (at the hip joint) in either video.

Forget giving it a true "test", we didn't even see the legs in any poses at all. The only movement we saw out the upper leg was in the first transformation video, and all that happened there was the leg being swiveled around. No attempts to raise the leg, bend it backwards or out to the side, no other movement was attempted.

I remember some of the actual Masterpiece figures having QC issues where the entire leg pops out of the hip joint. I hope I'm just reading too much into it.

8. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    Im still surprised Has/Tak has come down on these guys like a ton of bricks.

9. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cool. i'm not into 3rd party/KO stuff, but the clear version of this might be hard to resist.

10. Wheel_Jack

Wheel_Jack pitying fools

Ebay:
    I saw that these come with an extra set of hands. total bonus for us bashers out there. Payton, I totally see your point but I've talked to these guys and they've been back and forth with the factory for a long time. I think they're really trying to make this a solid piece. Grim, copyright laws in china are either not the same or not enforced. I'm sure has/tak has more to worry about than a small company releasing a 100 toys of one their designs. besides a regular ko of mp prime has been out forever. If anything, I think these 3rd party companies keep the fan base psyched about transformers during has/taks slow months. I don't know anyone who exclusively buys kos and 3rd party releases. we just get them to accentuate the official stuff.

11. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    I see what you mean, but I think it will be about as poseable as the original MP Prime (which was OK, but still a bit wobbly due to the height, weight, and diecast). I think it should be fine and I think it's worth the price point for something as detailed as the MP Prime. Also note though, these were still not the final figures (unless I'm mistaken). These were tests done on the prototype version.

Can't wait to see more on it though. I own the OG MP Prime and I'd love to have the mini-MP version to slap up with my Galvatron custom (I think they'd be roughly the same height).

12. Quicky

Quicky TRANSFORM and ROLL OUT!!!

Ebay:
    IMO...this KO is NOT worth 100 bucks, he's still going for that right? The original MP01 went for that, Hasbro's went for 60 for crying out loud. I don't see how a 2/3 sized KO with no light up feature and untested plastic quality could possibly go for that much.

I'll be honest, it looks good and makes for easier playability than the original with all the diecast, but I'm not paying 100 bucks for an inferior copy.

I don't know what is up with some KO companies that insist on charging just as much for their KO product as an original product and when you have a company like Fansproject cranking out original molds and accessories that augment original HAS/TAK products this is just wrong.

Your KO is 2/3 the size with no light-up...charge me 2/3 the price and knock off some more money off the price tag for no electronics while your at it. For those of you who want to buy this 'thing', more power to you, but I'm not paying that much for a glorified KO.

If anything, this KO has put me in the mood for that Masterpiece Nemesis Prime...

13. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Some of you still don't understand the concept of cost/supply.

If iGear were able to mass-produce their PP01 in the exact same numbers as the officially released MP-01 Prime, then yes I'd imagine that the retail price would be reduced by anywhere from $30-$40. (and BTW, if I recall correctly, the Hasbro versions of MP-01 were $80, not $60)

However, iGear is a garage company they are not a "huge" corporation like Hasbro/Tak-Tomy and don't have a fraction of the same resources available to them. Takara can mass produce these things at a relatively minimal cost, which means they can be a bit more flexible with the pricing. The base cost to iGear is more, which is why they have to charge more in order to make a comparable profit margin.

Here's an example. I work in the cellular phone industry. If we order cell phone accessories (face plates, car chargers, etc) for $2.00 a piece, then we can initially charge $12-$15 for them but we have more leeway with reducing the price for specials, sales, etc. However, say our regular vendor is sold out but we still need product in the store. We go with another vendor but they charge $6.00 per item. We don't have as much leeway with the pricing because our base costs were increased, and we may actually have to go up a dollar or two with the retail price.

Therefore, in order to fund both this project and future projects, therein lies the reasoning for the markup.

In hindsight, there are some who think that MP-01 and MP-05 (Prime & Megatron) are a bit too large in comparison to the other MP figures. To those who enjoy accurate "scale", this PP01 Prime is perfect.

14. katch26

katch26 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Im glad I ordered them, Im actually more excited about the NP but they should both be pretty awesome. I dont know why these always have to end up in debates about ko vs authentic......I think these videos are great, 3rs party or not do you think has/tak does joint tests?

15. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

I'd be all over this if I didn't already have the regular MP Prime. It sounds very clicky, too. Dunno if I like that.

16. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I think people understand the concept; they just don't care.

17. katch26

katch26 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    yet they care enough to comment instead of just not buying it?

18. Quicky

Quicky TRANSFORM and ROLL OUT!!!

Ebay:
    I understand the concept just fine, thank you very much.

I got my Hasbro Prime at Walmart for 60.00, some others got him for even less.

Yet, Fansproject which is another 'garage company', can crank out something 100 percent original and sell it for less than this company's carbon copy...go figure.

I agree with you there and no die-cast would make it easier to handle and display.

I'm not arguing about the existence of this particular KO, I am arguing about the asking price. It's too close to the original MP-01 price point and as far as I know this release omits the electronics.

19. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just want someone on the forum to review this toy before I jump on it.

Also, is this Prime in Scale with Grimlock/Seekers?

Plus, good choice of movie in the background, inglorious bastards!!!

20. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

That's what I think, but it's just my opinion.

Using me as an example; I don't think the Warbot Defender looks like it's an $80+ shipping toy in comparison to some retailed Hasbro toys I got for about $20ish. Do you think I care that Warbot was made by a little co without the production means of Hasbro? No, I don't. I only care about the price tag.

I'm just saying that I don't care about how or why a co has to charge a certain price. A price is a price, and excuses are for losers.

That being said, I've been thinking about treating myself to an expensive toy ($100 range) at some point in 2010 and I'm on the fence about which to get--the Faith version or the actual MP Prime.