New Venom Image

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Paladin, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    And the best one yet!!

[​IMG]

2. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    ...yep, that's Venom alright.

Why can't every comic book movie be like Spider-man?

3. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    QFT! Can't wait to see him in motion. Spidey 3 is going to rock. :rock 

4. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    cuz then we'd have like 42 spiderman movies....

but seriously, i've enjoyed everything except catwoman....and this just looks great....

5. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Looks like an early version to me. I think the Medicom toy will be the one we'll see on screen (less exeggerated symbol).

6. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    ...and the problem with that is...?

Seriously, that's the first image that gives me some real hope in this movie incarnation of Venom, looks awesome... I hope he's bigger than I fear he will be, it's just not Venom if he isn't bigger and more imposing than Spider-Man.

7. honestgabe

honestgabe I

isnt that the version we saw for the videogame model? Just wondering

8. prowlheroic

prowlheroic Active Member

MARVEL = RIGHT DECISIONS / BAYFORMERS = ???????

9. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Still lookin good.

Just wondering how much Venom we will see in the movie, or if it will be more of a setup at the end for another sequel.

10. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Slick.

Fro mwhat I've read, it seems that Venom will be a major player in the movie because Sony made Raimi put him in for the fans. Raimi was originally against the idea and wanted to use original Spidey Villains which is why we have Sandman. The other original villain was rumored to be the Lizard whom we saw in Spidey 2. Anyway, Sony said, "Put Venom in" and Raimi did so without a flinch because he just loves the character.

My only gripe with the Spiderman movies is the names. I would have loved the titles to be named after the comics rather than numbered. Spiderman would have been first of course, then Amazing Spiderman for 2, then Spectacular for 3, "Web of" for 4, Sensational for 5, and I believe that would be about it.

11. Veritechnium

Veritechnium Well-Known Member

Wow - that is a really great Venom. I was so worried that they'd tone him down to a boring uncharismatic filtration like the Scarecrow in Batman Begins.
    Thats awesome and even if he looks like the previous shot we've seen on another thread it doesn't worry me. I just hope his origin in the movie is somewhat credible.

The original story of Marvel characters going to secret wars in an alien dimension (the largest character crossover in comic history at the time, still is to my knowledge) where spidey tears his old suit and aquires an alien suit just would NOT work. Firstly think of all the red tape with the crossovers! lol!

The second 'version' I can remember is the cartoon on Fox had the Venom symbiote (just a viscous organism) being brought back from a shuttle expedition made by Jameson's son John (who almost married MJ in SPM2) and the shuttle crash lands on a bridge, upon rescuing the astronauts the symbiote bonds with Peter.

In the new 'Ultimate Spider-man' comics his origin is that Parker and Brock's (who becomes Venom) fathers develop the suit as a cancer cure. Peter tries to take it back from the company that stole the idea, but the suit bonds with him.

In every version however, Spidey discovers that the 'suit' is alive and is slowly taking him over, driving him mad with power. He discards it and it bonds to Eddie Brock, who (originally) is a journalist that despises SPM.

Personally, I'd like to see the Shuttle version and I think that was already set up with the introduction of astronaut John Jameson. John also became a villain in the comics, 'Manwolf', but I doubt that will ever happen on film, like many villains.

12. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

Great idea. Wish they'd done that. (And awesome sig!)

As for all versions of Venom involving the suit slowly taking over Peter, I'm 90% sure that the original version didn't try to take over, just permanently bond to Peter, and he understnadably want that. The suit feels rejected, and the rest as they say, is history.

In any case, that image looks awesome, and I'm so stoked for this movie.

13. Kalyx triaD

Kalyx triaD R-Tyme Entertainment

I don't think the symbol with stand out like that.