New Vehicle Modes in WFC2

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by scorpio-prime, Aug 3, 2011.

1. scorpio-prime

scorpio-prime Dreamer with fists

Yep, another ideas thread! But what the hey, they seem fairly popular.

Bike (Scout Class): This one often pops up when people mention new vehicles they'd like to see, and heres how I'd implement it. It functions the same way as any other vehicle mode (the wheels have thrusters mounted on either side for free hovering movement), and is roughly the same size as a Car (I'd make the Scout class bigger in the sequel, about the same size as a Scientist). Also like the Car it comes armed with twin machine guns, and its real selling point comes from its two unique R2 abilities. If R2 is pressed whilst using turbo, the Bike will perform a wheelie, which gives you a sudden speed boost, and should you strike an enemy during this time they will recieve damage and also propel you flying up into the air - great for leaping out of danger, over gaping chasms and up onto high ledges. You also get the wheelie super jump if you strike certain pieces of scenery like boxes or rocks, and even your allies (they don't take damage though, they just react as though they'd recieved a melee hit).

The REAL fun though comes if you press and hold R2 whilst using free movement, where your bikes 'saddle' will glow and emit a pulse. If an ally approaches you and presses Square during this time, they will mount you (lulz), and go for a ride! You still have full control over the Bikes weapons and movement, and your rider can still use all of their weapons, melee, grenades and even their own L2/R2 abilities, great for drive by shootings and hit 'n' runs!

Chopper (Scientist): Controls exactly the same way as a Jet and has the same weapons, but with the following differences:

1. Thrust is about 25% slower, so not quite so good for getting around quickly, however...

2. Free movement is much faster and more responsive, turning, ascending and descending speeds are also particularly quick, so its far more effective than the Jet in smaller areas.

3. Rather than the Barrel Roll, it has a LIFT ability, which similarly to the Bike, allows you to take an ally for a ride! When R2 is pressed and held, a glowing grip will emerge from your undercarriage. If you hover over an ally and they press Square, they will jump up and grab hold of it, and just like when riding the Bike, they will still be able to use all their own weapons whilst you carry them around. Just think of how much depth this could add to the game.

Constructor (Leader): The simplest of these new modes, its basically the same as a Truck, only it carrys 25% less Rockets and replaces them with a powerful melee using its construction tool - so you can enjoy crashing into groups of enemies with your ram, then smashing them to pieces with power shovels, dozer blades and wrecking balls :) 

2. Transformers991

Transformers991 Some guy

Those were some pretty good ideas actually.

3. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like the idea of new chassis:) , but hate the idea of continuing classes:( 

Why can a care only be a scout? Why can't a tank be a leader? Classes are stupid, sorry. I want to be able to make my tank be whatever I want it to be darn it.

4. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    dude those are awesome

i would love for the bike idea to happen especially!

transforming to a bike and having your friend hop on would rock so hard!

5. scorpio-prime

Thanks Josh, I reckon the Bike and Chopper riding ideas would be pretty exciting myself - IN FACT, you could even extend the riding to the Scout Beast and Aviator chassis I mentioned in the Beast Mode thread.

Imagine seeing Optimus Prime charging into battle on the back of a mechanical Lion, or Megatron hanging off the claws of a giant bat?

6. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I like these ideas! The bike one reminds me of Generations Wreck-gar!

I imagine the chopper having rotors made of energy that disappear when you hold L2/LT, and you change into a more jet-like shape. What do you think?

7. scorpio-prime

Thats exactly where the idea comes from - and the scene from the 80s TF movie where a Junkion gets knocked off his bike, before transforming into a bike himself as the bike transforms into a robot and rides HIM lol. It would also be cool to see some enemies enter combat like this.

That was sort of what I had in mind. Theres obviously no air in space, so spinning rotor blades to displace it wouldn't make much sense, so I thought that instead of rotors, Chopper characters could still have the visible centre point they attach to, but it creates a swirling vortex of energy above the chopper and THATS what enables them to fly (whilst conveniently enough, still looking like spinning blades, albeit ones made of crackling electricity).

8. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I love the idea of riding a bike controlled by another player. What would be even more awesome is if when you hopped on, the bike mode's guns pop off and enter the rider's hands, and he can aim them all around himself while riding. Sort of like Bayonetta's "Bullet Climax" attack, but on a bike!

9. Ssargon

Ssargon He's... so... wolfy~

Hmm, I kind of always thought futuristic turbines would make for a good "gunship," think C&C's Orcas. Jets could even be made more jet-like, where they can't just hover around and must constantly be moving to stay airbourne, transforming to a flying robot mode or something in-between to stay in place. Just to make them different enough from gunships.

On the bikes, two-wheelers would be awesome! Especially to have TFA!Blurr-style wheels. I'd almost kill to see the wheels spin out to the sides and flip horizontally for hover mode, like UT Mantas.

10. iwasherenotyou

iwasherenotyou Medical Officer

News Credits:
    I always thought that if they had a helicopter its special ability would be using the rotors as a ram weapon but your idea is WAY cooler, especially the whole riding bikes and holding on to helicopters idea.

11. Ranger Silver 6

Ranger Silver 6 Avatar by Pinpoint

I might buy an xbox or playstation if these happen.

12. scorpio-prime

Up next, not a new vehicle mode, but rather a new take on on an old one. I figured with the positive response my Bike and Chopper ideas were getting, I could also do with concieving some ways to spruce up the old classes - lets start with the Truck.

TRANSPORT/EJECT: This R2 ability replaces the standard dash used in free movement. When R2 is held, the Truck will emit a spotlight-like beam a short distance in front of it. If an ally caught in this beam then agrees by pressing Square, they will be shrunk and teleported inside you - now you have a passenger! The Truck gains an armour bonus ALA War Cry whilst transporting an ally, however, you cannot transform back into Robot mode until you press R2 to eject them - also, if you yourself are knocked down whilst transporting, then you and your partner will be left side by side in CRITICAL status.

The idea behind this skill, is that it can be used to protect badly injured team mates, and quickly get them to safety, or transport someone with low energy through heavy enemy firepower (pretty much the sort of role you can imagine Ratchet playing in the heat of battle). Imagine the satisfaction of seeing the REVIVE icon appear during play, and racing across the map to a fallen team mate, before teleporting them onboard and driving to the nearest healing station - it opens up a whole new gameplay dynamic for wannabe heroes and medics, and if used in one player modes, you can simply carry NPC partners for the armour boost.