New Upgrade Kit Series From C+ Custom Studio

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by erain1984, Jun 13, 2016.

1. ShadowOfSilver

ShadowOfSilver Element 47

Ebay:
    Are those mistransformations on Streetwise/First Aid? Maybe it's the angle. Looked a little odd.

2. SHADDO

SHADDO Arashikage Decepticon

For those wondering about the colors, I went back and looked at the most recent photos from Diamchoc, (on the previous page), and it looks like the Defensor kit will get the corresponding blue of Hotspot on the head/shoulder pieces, again in the mid-torso directly under the chest, and also on the thighs, to offset some of the black and tie everything together.

For Victorion, who knows at this point? Considering how much I hate her crazy color scheme, almost anything would be an improvement to break up that wretched "red-ish & green-ish" mess that is Victorion...even the straight up orange is better than nothing.

Now, as for the front thigh panels for Defensor/PyraMagna (Hmmm,will she marry Ultra Magnus and have lots of little Magni running around Cybertron? ;b ), it looks like the thigh panels will swing out to the sides of the truck in alt mode, for use as stabilizers in either vehicle or base modes...That's how it looks from the photos anyway.

Personally, I'm more interested in the Dreamwave set for my Defensor, but if I lost my mind and bought a Victorion, I'd be interested in this set (at a lower price), so that my Bruticus, Defensor and Victorion ALL had different looks from each other.

As it is now, I have Bruticus PE'd out with their 2 kits, Reprolabels, fan mode shoulders, gun mounts and waist, with twin Scattershot silver rifles for the back cannons (which work great for Onslaught's bot mode as well), so he has his own look without doubling up on the Dreamwave version. Defensor has the PE feet and hands, until the Dreamwave kit arrives, then he'll get that upgrade and Sky Reign will get his PE kit.

As I said, if I had Victorion, I might would be considering this kit for differentiation purposes, if nothing else. As it is though, I think all the massive extra pieces help with a base mode throwback to G1 toys, but they overwhelm the figure in alt mode, and it's actually a lot for bot mode, but that's just me.

Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to the final product.

3. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

Yeah, they're extended to make the combine mode taller. Also using the oversized Hotspot for a torso.

4. ShadowOfSilver

Ebay:
    How'd you get the combiner ports to plug in?

5. SHADDO

Excellent question, because I'm planning on getting one of the OS KO Hotspot figures, as well. I mostly wanted him for a more scaled vehicle mode to the others (and the legends class Groove displayed in alt mode for the same reason...), as for the bot mode, I'll have to decide when I get him, but then Groove size changes back to the deluxe version for bot and limb mode...but that's just me.

6. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 4
  7. DogFriedRice

DogFriedRice Well-Known Member

WHEN???!

Feet looks a bit big but everything else is great.
    Need!

8. Phr0g

Phr0g Politicon

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Personally I'm preferring this to the TDW one :) 

1.jpg

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Phr0g

Phr0g Politicon

Yeah it's no contest for me, the aesthetic of the TDW one just feels wrong, like it’s too detailed or the “resolution” is off or something.

The larger proportions of the C+ kit works much better with the combiner wars style.

• Like Like x 1
  11. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    Holy hell that turned out quite nice indeed.

12. cabutler

cabutler Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Well, looks like I need this upgrade kit. Any ETAs? Because this looks close to completed.

13. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Cool! New Pictures look really good. I like the combined mode, I will still be getting the Dream Wave upgrade for my Defensor, but if the colors look good for Victorion and the altmode configs look as good as Dream Waves done I might pick up that version of the set. (I guess I might try and mod to give legends groove a place to plug in on the chest.

14. ShadowOfSilver

Ebay:
    There's the with-paint shot I was talking about!! Now to see how they spruce up Victorion's set. As for Dreamwave's set, I think it comes down to a trade-off between function and aesthetic. Almost all of Dreamwave's parts have a secondary mode for bot/alt mode which is very clever engineering. C+ decided to start with the combined mode first and focus on that aesthetic while making the parts integration a #2 priority.

15. 86mcss

86mcss Well-Known Member

Now we need jin bao to over size this to match cw devastator and the new warbotron they just did

• Like Like x 1
  16. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

That looks so much better that I'm reconsidering my decision to keep PE Defensor. Depending on QC, this company could have a very good first release on its hands.

Now we just need to see Victorion.

17. SHADDO

Just shift the PE set over to Sky Reign or another combiner and pick up either the TDW or C+C Upgrades for your Defensor...that's been my plan since these things were announced...

18. Mormolyce

Mormolyce Well-Known Member

That's sexy. Only... this means more partsforming!

I have a soft spot for ol' Defensor since we had the set when I was a kid. Only combiner I ever owned.

So, I take it this works with both Generations and Unite Warriors versions? They're essentially the same right?

19. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

There are several color differences between the UW and CW versions of Defensor, so they're releasing one version for UW and one version for CW.

• Like Like x 1
  20. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube: