New Upgrade Kit Series From C+ Custom Studio

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by erain1984, Jun 13, 2016.

1. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Not yet, they have the same drop date as these though 1st quarter 2017.

2. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot i CrEePy YoU oUt!!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I guess we're just doing this then, huh?

Pass. :/

• Like Like x 1
  3. ShadowOfSilver

ShadowOfSilver Element 47

Ebay:

TFsource and BBTS's websites automatically update at the end of the month to say the Dreamwave sets are releasing this month. It's been doing that since July of last year when they were supposed to release in the first place.

4. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
  5. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover The Last Starfighter

News Credits:
    I become more and more concerned every time we see photos and we don't see the fire truck mode w/the new parts. I'm probably not inclined to get this set, anyway (I'm interested in making Victorion and Megatronia look more different from one another, primarily, but this price seems a little steep), but I find the lack of alt-mode images worrying

6. Oshboggy

Oshboggy DeceptiCobra DeathAdderCon

The pics daimchoc posted in post #84 are for the most part just better quality versions of what was posted in post #21 on Christmas eve, so honestly, not a lot new here.

I'm personally not too concerned about how the parts fit on the fire truck, but that's because I find the alt/bot mode addons to be clunky and out of place anyway; as far as I'm concerned, most, if not all of, the bits will be chucked into a bag if the team is uncombined.

My concern (sounds like such a serious word) is whether the parts are going to come in this unpainted/uncoloured state.

I do quite like this set as I think for all its proportion flaws (pinhead, Shaq hands/feet) it makes Defensor look somewhat Studio Ox-ish, with the notable exception of his giganormous fireball cannons - those are just waaaay oversized for dual-wielding/single-hand carry.

Price is a major downer but if I can find this for what i consider a fair price, I'd definitely like to pick one up.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Tribalelements

Tribalelements Targetmaster

Ebay:
    well for someone who had his eyes set for Make Toys Guardia, (I never gave CW a chance till I seen this set) I look at paying $85+ plus the $80 I spent on the set (2nd hand of course) ~$165 isn't so bad compared to the $300+ Guardia would of put me back.

I'm pretty sure most people buying this set aren't buying it to display in Alt modes, but that's my worthless opinion. I'm glad for this set, cause I honestly didn't believe in CW at all till I seen this. I'm actually glad for the aesthetics, even the "huge boots", which I think are ok. It'll make Defensor line up well against my Warbotron. That's what its worth to me. I have a feeling though Direct Chinese selllers will probably sell closer to $50-$60.

Eligos goes for $180 on the etailers, but you can get one from Manolo for $140 last I checked. So you never know. At least its not like spending $50 for PE hands and feet! (which KO at $20 a set these days)

8. ShadowOfSilver

Ebay:
    From what I can see, the only area where the transformation might not work is on the legs if the new pieces are two thick to tab them together. Looking at pics of Hot Spot, I think there is enough pre-existing gap there for them to fit. If not, those pieces could probably be removed easily (not my ideal solution of course). I am also more concerned with the final paint scheme. I finally got a Victorion in hand a few days ago, and I know that I need to get this set because frankly, Vicky probably isn't getting an upgrade or "MP Rendition" from another company. This will more than likely be as good as it gets.

EDIT: I just realized, you MUST remove those leg add-ons in order to transform them to fire truck. The back of the legs (become the front of the thighs in combined mode) are too thick. Their wheels wouldn't even touch the ground.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  9. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

I'm in for Defensor but not for Victorin. Had the chest been retooled some to make it different/fit the character I would be all for it.

10. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Your comment made me realize that There isn't a place for Rust Dust on the new chest for Victorion. I know Defensor is more G1 with the set, but I do like Rust Dust on Victorion's chest. Without a place for her, even if the set looked good in vehicle mode, and was more painted I don't know if I'd get it for her.

11. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

I just can't believe that this is likely the final product. I could forgive the lack of a remold for Victorion, and no space for a Legends Groove if it had any paint. But I don't see a single bit of paint, which is incredibly disappointing.

I'm holding out hope that these are test shots without paint, but considering the pictures we got of it, I doubt that these are anything less than the final product.

12. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

I would LOVE to see a peg for Rust Dust. That slight retool is enough that it would be hard for me to resist getting it for Vicky. As it is, there isn't much difference to make it feel worthwhile to get it for the fembots.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Oshboggy

Oshboggy DeceptiCobra DeathAdderCon

I think the Moonbase pics have to be older ones, useful for seeing what the parts breakdown is like but not in final colours. The pics on page 3 and 4 of this thread do show the orange parts coloured blue (possibly even 2 blues to fit CW and UW) and the whole hand in black - the orange parts/white fingers make no sense anyway and it would be nuts to release parts for Defensor in those colours.

14. mtl79

mtl79 Well-Known Member

Actually considering the final pics we saw a few pages back, I'm kind of hoping they went back to the orange for Defensor to break up all the black.

Having said that, I don't believe at all that this is what's happening, the orange is being used to demonstrate what the upgrade pieces are.

15. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

I hope your right dude, such a disappointment if this is the final product.

• Like Like x 1
  16. ShadowOfSilver

Ebay:
    Been looking at the colored sample pics and it's starting to look like those are solid plastic pieces glued together in the thigh parts. No paint added as of yet would make me hopeful for a more final version reveal soon.

As for Rust Dust, Im going to get the chest piece moded so it has the holes.

17. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
  18. ShadowOfSilver

Ebay:
    Allow me to be the first to say... HOLY SHHHHH****** THAT LOOKS FREAKING AWESOME. Brutal as heck, Onslaught would be jealous of Hot Spot and Pyra Magna if he could see them now.

19. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

Why are they reposting the same set of pictures for what seems to be the third time?

20. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

I think I'm good with Defensor now, I could use those new thigh pieces though.

Attached Files: