New Unicron Figure?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Joalro, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

Now that we know Unicron is part of the show, and assuming he makes a full physical appearance, what are the odds of a brand new Unicron figure coming out of the Prime Line?

A few points against it are:
    1) The amount of figures that weren't released from animated, including Omega Supreme, which probably would have been the same size class that a Unicron would be.

2) The fact that Hasbro doesn't really like to release the larger figures anymore, especially bad guys, since they apparently don't sell very well.

However,

1) The reason figures from animated never got released was due to the cancellation of animated, not due to the lack of planning the figures

2) Hasbro really wants Prime to succeed, not just as a show, but as their overall universe (trying to combine it with WFC and Exodus). To really show their endorsement, they might want to have a Unicron figure out of this universe.

Personally, I would love a Prime Unicron toy.

2. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    I really hope we get a new Unicron toy. I'm not really that fond of any of the past Unicron figures, to be honest.

3. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd be up for it too. Since Armada Unicron was made Hasbro's design team has evolved extremely in their engineering skills and all, they REALLY got a MASSIVE boost since 2007 to 2011.

Plus if the other designs mean anything, TFP Unicron will look awesome and worthy of getting a toy.

4. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    Isn't there some Amazon exclusive Transformers 2010 Unicron? Perhaps that toy will be meant to represent him.

5. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Can't be. That one is just the Armada toy with a new head, and the head we saw in the show doesn't even look like that new head the toy got which is meant to look like the G1 design

6. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    True, but the toys don't have to be perfectly accurate and I doubt Hasbro wants to make a toy for something so massive. I just don't think there'd be enough demand for it to justify the mold.

7. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That could be the whole point. Let's not forget, 2010 Unicron's bio does say he "trolls the universe."

8. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    ... Darnit!

9. megapork

megapork Cheese

Doubt who is seen in the SDCC preview and the recent episode truly is unicron. Most likely to either be the fallen or dreadwing. My money's on the fallen.

10. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Why would The Fallen have beard, a Unicron-style helmet, Unicron's colors and be talking to Megatron through the blood of Unicron?

11. megapork

megapork Cheese

Unicron's Colors? Rust isnt quite unicron's colors. Not necessarily talking he is just seen in his visions.

He just strikes me more like the fallen than the chaos bringer. But it could very well be that the fallen is an avatar of the Chaos bringer himself. Im still willing to accept the new version unicron if it very well is him. I kinda got used to a giant planet sized unicron colored orange.

12. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Cannot Hold Weapon

News Credits:
    I'd love to see Unicron in the Prime toy line. I hope he's a leader class and not a supreme class, though.

13. Goldlock

Goldlock and don't call me Shirley

News Credits:
    He may not be big enough in the show to warrant a supreme class figure; remember we saw his face in what appeared to be an underground setting. Which could mean he's buried inside the Earth, not actually the entire planet...

(Brainwave!: maybe Unicron is the Earth's metal inner-core???)

14. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    Isn't the core supposed to be on fire though? Unicron seemed fairly intact.

15. Goldlock

Goldlock and don't call me Shirley

News Credits:
    Well it's SUPER hot; but made of solid metal (iron & nickel I seem to recall)

...if Dark Energon can survive inside a volcano, Unicron probably wouldn't have trouble with high temperatures. Hopefully anyway!

16. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Not to mention this is Unicron we're talking here. If there's somebody I would expect to survive intense heat it would be him.

17. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    Either way if he is the core he can't really awaken and go on a rampage without destroying the Earth. Even if he did escape without reducing the planet to rubble we'd be without our magnetic field which would cause life to end within a few months.

18. ngnikolaos

ngnikolaos Well-Known Member

... What's a fiure?

19. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I'm really looking forward to a new Unicron toy! It's been a while since we've had an actually decent Supreme Class, and Prime Unicron may be our savior.

20. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    A misspelling of figure.