New Ultimate spider-man

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Tekkaman Blade, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
  2. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    They still make Ultimate comics?

I thought that shut down after Jeph Loeb completely ruined the universe.

3. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    Well up till now Ultimate Spidey has been to only Ultimate book worth reading. After slaughtering the rest of the Ult universe Loeb set about creating a new ultimate x book with art adams that comes out every nine or ten months. On top of that he still hasn't explained what happens to Ross's mustache when he goes Red Hulk.....or why that story was even written in the first place. So now we have hulk, his kids, his red ex wife, his father in law, his cousin, his daughter from the future and the abomination that was rick jones....plus temporarily half the marvel universe......the hulk just isn't that interesting any more.

4. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Neither's Spidey.

5. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I think the bigger news is the return of the poly-bagged issue.

Man, I really need to sell my early issues before they're worthless.

6. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't get too excited about the death of an alternate universe version of any character. I realize the Ultimate Universe is a little more established than some of the other Marvel alternate realities, but it's still not the 'main' Spider-Man...who could probably stand to be killed off, actually. It's like if DC were to put out a press release along the lines of "Next month, we're going to kill off the entire Justice League ofearth46!". Alternate versions, not the 'main' characters, doesn't matter.

If we're lucky, maybe they'll do a mini-series addressing that important point. Each issue will have 15 variant, lenticular, glow-in-the-dark, embossed, holofoil, holographic, nude, polybagged covers...and a major Marvel character will be killed in every panel. Guest-starring Wolverine and Deadpool.

7. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

It better be Ben Reilly or GTFO

8. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    Ben Reilly was already introduced as an african american kid who was Curt Conner's assistant and stole a blood sample of parker's that was used to clone him. There was a crazy one, a scorpion one, a hairy one, and a female one. The female was the only to survive.
    It may be another clone, or it could be Jessica drew in a body suit.
    Or it could be Peter in a new costume.
    or it could be something completely different.

9. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    I never thought the Ultimate version of Spider-Man would interest me but boy was I wrong when I played the video game (which, if I do say so myself, was the best Spider-Man game next to Spider-Man 2). I love what they did with Venom and Carnage. I'm not much of a comic reader though and only have the Carnage volume, as well as a sealed mint-condition Venom issue. Looking forward to this.

10. Zeta Otaku

Zeta Otaku Who ya gonna call? TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    been reading USM since the beginning, it's literally the comic that got me into reading comics.

I think the Scorpion clone and Kane are alive in SHIELD custody (but who knows where they are... if they were in the Triskalion, well... they'd be lucky to be alive since that place has been blown up like... twice since they were captured), Jessica Drew is currently working as a SHIELD agent under Maria Hill (as of Ultimate Doom AKA Reed Richards goes batshit crazy). I sort of remember in one of the Ultimate Comics there being a Spider-man in a glass tube that Fury was talking to... that might've been Kane... but I can see him doning the new black and red costume after some mental conditioning and therapy to make him less... well... nutty.

I still don't think PETER PARKER will die. After this, I can see him hanging up the webs for a while and finishing school like Fury TOLD him to way back before the Clone Saga. I know Nick has nothing but respect for Peter... and very much wants Spider-man on the Ultimates... or Avengers... or whatever that team is calling themselves. Parker will be back in the webs eventually... but I'm still wondering who the hell the new Spidey is.

11. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

first thought was Ben...but after reading there was already one, i have no clue who could be this new SM (unless it really is Peter)

12. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    That new suit reminds me of the new movie one hmmm....

13. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

I'd say it looks more like the Alex Ross movie design. Not a bad look for Spidey. Just to bad they couldn't have introduced it with a better storyline. I'm a fan of the Ultimate universe, but I just don't care for this 'death of' type event stories anymore.

14. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I know, but most Ultimate characters have been reintroduced differently as the line went on.

15. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    USM was one of the best books Marvel had. I did stop reading after Ultimatum, but I give Bendis and Bagley a ton of credit for making an awesome read.

16. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Same here. What did it for me was when Peter was dating Gwen instead of Mary Jane and that was such a huge focus. I thought it'd be fun with Peter living with Bobby and Johny, but it didn't hold up. I got tired of the teen drama and the new art...

17. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Why would Peter dating Gwen upset you? Peter did date Gwen in the original comics, after all.

But yeah, the switch to even more teenage drama is what me drop the book around issue 9. It was just boring to me.

18. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    I don't care about the original comics, this is a whole new continuity and a whole new take on Spider-Man. I just liked it better when he was dating Mary Jane. I also liked it better in the regular series when he was married to her, but for some reason they don't think they can write good stories unless Peter's social life is turned upside down.

I sure hope Peter and Chat don't break up in the Marvel Adventures series...