New TRU (UK) listings

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Omnius, Jan 1, 2011.

1. jasonmako

jasonmako Voyager

News Credits:
    I know alot of you want the trailer if its release in stores...me on the other hand just want Hot Rod! I see the trailer being a waste of space/money for me. But I would be cool for people like me if Hasbro splits them up in individual packaging but then again adding an extra 10 dollars on both the figure and trailer each would suck for the people who want both. But then again it is possible they might sell the figure, the trailer and the whole combo separate... but then again thats really reaching for it. But then again....

2. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Wait, are you seriously suggesting that retailers should take turns to stock exclusives? That someone at Walmart is going to say "You know, because our rivals TRU had the last Masterpiece, we should start stocking this one." Really? The reality is that Hasbro would have offered this around different retailers, and only TRU picked it up. Hasbro aren't going to offer an item to a solitary retailer - where is the business sense in doing that?

Shit happens. If this was a Target or Wal-mart exclusive, it wouldn't even be available in my country. I'm sure it's not impossible for you to get to a TRU at some point, or even order it online.

If TRU offer this for, say, $60 how can you prove that any other retailer would have offered it for sale at a lower price? Simple answer - you can't.

3. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    i love it when people question whether the trailer will be sold seperately: it wont. If you want the full package just put the money down for the takara release (as i have).

just waiting for the inevitable 3rd party trailers that will bump the overall cost up to what the japanese release would have been (or more).

4. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    can't wait for rodimus

really excited about these new legends playsets. I could see myself getting really into them, if they turn out really decent.

5. Rodimus_Prime

Rodimus_Prime Until all are one!

News Credits:
    Although Rodimus/Hot Rod can be a stand alone figure it's transformation to Rodimus Prime in vehicle mode is very dependent on his trailer. Optimus Prime trailer is completely indepedent of OP. I wonder though, if Hasbro is modifying the mold. So that in robot mode it'll only have Hot Rod's face and not include the gimmicks like the head swapping, spoiler and being able to make it taller to tranform him into Rodimus Prime. That seems to be more counterintuitive, using more money than already has to modify an existing figure.

It's probably just the car. I'm not expecting a whole Rodimus Convoy figure. I've preordered a couple of MP Rodimus Convoy already. I'm making a valid assumption based on this information.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2011
  6. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    From what we've seen so far they might be like the Micromaster bases, which is no bad thing. :D  If they sell well we might even see the return of city/base-bots one day, fingers crossed.

7. DrillBIT

DrillBIT Silver Wolf

News Credits:
    They can simply use the blueprints with no Prime changing gimmicks for making Hot Rod.
    They don't really have to use the final to make something that has less function.

8. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh darn, a Toys"R"Us exclusive. Can't complain, in that I've seen most TRU exclusives at least once (note that "once" is really all there is) compared to the Walmarts here, who didn't even bring in Masterpiece Skywarp. If only it was a Target exclusive.

I'm guessing Grimlock sold very well for TRU.

9. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    Shit happens. If this was a Target or Wal-mart exclusive, it wouldn't even be available in my country. I'm sure it's not impossible for you to get to a TRU at some point, or even order it online.

Hey Omnius,that is so far from the truth,of all of them,TRU remains exclusive to anywhere in the world,but I read on here a couple of times where a US exclusive figure were released widespread in England and other countries.But as I said Hasbro MP Rodimus always remain tru exclusives.So even if these were Target or Walmart exclusives chances are these could see other store shelves besides them.

If TRU offer this for, say, $60 how can you prove that any other retailer would have offered it for sale at a lower price? Simple answer - you can't.[/QUOTE]

As for being $60,I wish,but TRU always and I do mean ALWAYS marks there exclusives up by 10% or 15%,as with MP Grimlock,you probably could've got him for $60 at Walmart,but at TRU guess what they marked him $20 higher at $79.99 as they are the original scalpers.So to finish I know first hand about TRU and Walmart and that is how it is here in the US.One last thing,I was not trying to be rude but just pointing that out.Later.

10. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
  11. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Awesome, I have a lot of TRUs near my house, so I should be able to find one with relative ease. :D 

12. fabexmax

fabexmax Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, looks like Skywarp's lackluster sales killed the MP exclusives at Walmart. We all know TRU won't discount shit! LOL. (ok ok, I did get my Unicron there cheap once upon a time)

13. excelhedge

excelhedge Overseer of Weird

News Credits:
    yknow what i'm still gonna get the takaratomy MP Rodimus Prime and if the Hasbro one is different shade of red then i'll get a second one.

14. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    I don't want another ToysRus exclusive! Hard to find and the odds of clearance are zero.

15. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

No surprise there given that MP Grimlock is also sold through TRU. Will definitely pick one up to go along with the Tak MP Rodimus.

16. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    There's a few things to keep in mind:

1-We already saw them on the list with Wal-Mart.
    2-We don't see HA on there.
    3-They might change the name to reflect them not being limited to "Leader" characters.

17. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    great news, I have alot of toyrus in my area. the mp grimlock is still a shelf warmer around here. Well until after christmas they finally sold out. but I know they will have more of them. They always do. it was too expensive for people to snatch them up. The mp rodimus might be a shelf warmer as well if the price is crazy like mp grimlock was. I saw about 40 of them there, they where on sale 20.00 off. but I had no interests in them. if anyone want to pay me 15.00 extra, after exact cost and exact shipping, for my time to pack and gas, time to ship it at the post office to get it to you, to pick one up when they come out. I will do it. I have many toyrus in my area. I pass by them every 2 to 3 days. If anyone wants anything from toyrus, and I can find it I will get it for you for a small fee to get it to you. star wars, transformers, gi joes, toyrus exclusives, etc. Just email me.

18. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Well, while I can't do jack about TRU's prices, I can certainly do my part to nab Rodimus for people who don't have access to TRU.

19. primeone

primeone PRIME

News Credits:
    i still can't find mp grimmy w/out paying scalper prices online and the nearest tru is an hour away. if mp roddy is a tru exclusive im gonna have a fit that they can't make them more accessable than tru.

20. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    hmm, now whether to get the hasbro or takara version