New TRU SKUs: Movie Stuff!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by TriBlurr, Aug 27, 2006.

1. TriBlurr

TriBlurr Who am I?

News Credits:
    The news comes from Seibertron.com
    http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=8274

Given Seibertron's past with news reports. I ask if any one here can confirm these?

2. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    ooh

TF: Unleashed

sounds very interesting indeed

i hope they're in action statues of the Transformers. all movie accurate and junk. that would be freakin sweet o___o

3. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Looks like they are taking full advantage of movie merchandising. Not that this is a suprise. I wonder what a "starter fig" will be?

4. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    Transformers Bump N Go? Didn't Walky do a Shortpacked about that?

But still, this all sounds kinda exciting. Like the Unleashed figures. I never bought the Star Wars ones, but most of them looked awesome. And it's good to see that Hasbro's sticking with the Armada/Energon/Cybertron/Classics(?) pricepoints.

5. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Could be one of those toys like I had back in the day where you had a car that would reverse direction when it hit an object.

6. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Interesting stuff there. I bet the unleashed will be pretty cool.

7. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    The more Titanium, the better. And I totally welcome Unleashed.

8. Aberration

Aberration Templar Rodimus

News Credits:
    I remember "starter" being a common term for collectible games, so... Attactix? I haven't paid attention to that line at all, so is that price consistent with the current figures?

I'm curious about what Buzz Bumblebee and the Transformers DLX Figures are, because I have no guesses on those.

9. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Probably listings for a pair of Deluxe waves.
    I'm slightly annoyed that they're keeping the Leader Class and not going with a cheaper pricepoint, like the absent Ultra. The rest looks great, though.
    Sounds about like I expected. I just hope the larger Titaniums mentioned don't cancel out the existing transformable Titaniums. I like the War Within / neo classic releases that're already coming in that series.

10. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Movie themed 'Radio action'??

I *guess* the error is in the first listing?

I assume the Voyager class will cover the TFs themed after licensed vehicles.

Since Voyager toys are typically larger than Alternators, im wondering if they will shrink to Alt size, or if Hasbro will instead leave the size unaltered and remove some of the detail.

There's an outside chance they'll keep the level of detail AND the size........ but i doubt it.

I would *suspect* that they'd go on hold, in much the same way as Alts.

11. @l3x

@l3x Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And more than likely in the case of "Buzz Bumblebee," Alt pricepoints.:dj 

12. Aberration

Aberration Templar Rodimus

News Credits:
    Yeah, that would've been nice, both for my wallet, and the newcomers who haven't been following the toys for awhile. I remember when I was first coming in, I'd be like "Good god, $40 for a TOY???". Of course, now I'm like, "Hmmm, is it worth it to import the Takara version?", but I don't expect John Q. Public to make that leap. I would've set the limit at the Ultra class for the movie line, and leave Leaders and Supremes for the next mainline, whatever that's gonna be.

13. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Interesting. Where's the listing for giant Optimus gloves with metal crunching sfx?

I forgot to add: UNLEASHED = HELL YEAH

14. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That undoubtedly would fit somewhere in the "roleplay" category. Probably not, but that Roleplay "Mask" thing needs to be shark-bug Megatron, with creepy teeth-gnashing action. :) 

15. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    In regards to the dual deluxe listing- during RotS, there were two different DPCIs at Target for regular SW figures. There were just that many different figures they wanted out all at once that they had two assortments shipping at the same time, totally different from each other. So it could be something like that, but with the limited number of bots in the movie it seems unlikely. Unless they add in human figures... *gasp*

things that made me go wtf-
    deluxe titanium- 9.99
    regular titanium- 9.99

bumb n go- a llittle too kiddy-oriented

16. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Im thinkin Buzz Bumblebee is going to be a room guard or something, just an articulated robot, that will play the lyrics of songs, e.g.
    'So go on go, walk out the door, just turn around now, 'cus you're not welcome anymore!'

Cheesy, but you could see it.

Bump-&-Go:
    Vehicle modes of the robots, with Bump-&-Go action, and perhaps some Military vehicles figures.

17. timshinn73

timshinn73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Unleashed figs sounds great. Hope they tweak the movie designs more before they get to producing any of this stuff.

18. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    This was pretty much expected. No movie line is devoid of Roleplay items, but I really have to wonder what the heck the mask is going to be? I mean... wouldn't an articulated talking face mask of Prime or Megs rock... hmm... forget I said that...

A little too kiddie for my tastes, but if the way the SW & Spider-Man one's fly off the shelves at movie time... well, this should at least be profitable for Hasbro.

These two listings confuse me personally. One or the other has to be a typo or something in their computers. Especially since neither of these price points equate to either of the existing TF Titanium price points of $6.99 & $14.99. I guess we'll just have to wait and see... I suppose that one of them could be 6-inch Titaniums of the human characters since that's the price point the 6-inch SW Tits sell for... can't really say that that even remotely thrills me.

I'm thinking an articulated talking action figure that stands about the height of 10 to 12 inches. I'd hazard a guess that this won't transform, but will spout different radio phrases that Bumblebee uses throughout the film... I'll be skipping this...

OH. HELL. YES. This is unexpected and awesome! I never bought any of the SW ones, because I'm not really that into SW, but... they looked awesome and some TFs designed along those lines... SWEET! I'm sold and I haven't even seen anything yet.

Hmm... thinking that this might be a movie version of the Attacktix line myself. However, it doesn't fit with the price point that we sell the booster packs for at Target or what I've seen them for at TRU... haven't seen the little buggers at Wal-Mart, but I can't say that that surprises me much really. As I'm not interested in the Attacktix line, unless this is something else it's probably a pass.

I guess they'll be shipping two figures assortments at a time like they did last year at Target with the SW figures? That's the only thing that makes since... of course one of them could be human action figures too. Either that or one assortment could be transforming deluxe figures while the other is none-transforming deluxe versions of the same characters so that they could look more "movie accurate".

Typical assortment listings, but I think they should have kept the Ultra $24.99 instead of the Leader 39.99. I think alot of people whom have been away from the toys for awhile will be less likely to buy the Leaders than they would if the leaders (Prime & Megs) were done in the Ultra price point.

I wonder if the Voyager assortment will give us alternator-esque versions of the movie characters while Alternators is on hold during the movie. I mean, they've gone through the trouble of licensing the Camaro for BB and the Pontiac Solstice for Jazz... I'd think that they deserve some Alternated love... the other Autobots too if they can be done (except Prime of course). I really can't think of anything from this movie that would fit into the scout price point... unless it were humans... eww...

19. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Though I was hoping the size of the figure would depend on the relative sizes of the vehical modes rtaher than just being bigger because they're a leader etc. how much cooler would that be?

20. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

Wow, very cool, looks like there will be plenty of merchandise on the shelves. Hopefully the distribution will be better then the current lines have been.