New Transformers Trademark Application - Transformers One

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Interesting... can't wait to find out more about this "Transformers: One."

2. Keith Prime

Keith Prime Advanced Engineer

News Credits:
    A bunch of people are saying it can't be a new TV show 'cause it'd interfere w/ Prime... Why? It could be a new series (it'd be cool if it was about either the Original 13 or set during the war ON Cybertron), & it air on the Hub following Prime. If it followed (or aired before) Prime, it wouldn't interfere & would make a block of TF to get the ratings even higher.

There's also the possibility this is a spin-off OF Prime, like the rumor I heard about them wanting do to a Prime Beast Wars equivalent (can't rememeber when, where, how nor the context of my learning of the rumor, but I'm not the first person to have heard about it).

3. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same here

4. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Bye

This sounds interesting, I'm excited to eventually hear what it's about. I'm all for another TV show, if that is indeed what this is.

5. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Transformers Prime: Optimus Prime And His Bots On Earth Fighting Megatron

Transformers One: Elita One And Her Bots In Space Fighting Shockwave

6. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    Somehow I doubt this is an all new line unless it's an extension of Prime. They specifically delayed the toys so the movie line wouldn't interfere with sales. This would have to be a sub-line or something.

7. redguyver

redguyver Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Maybe its gonna be alittle like pre G1...as in transformers YEAR 1.....like a nuwbie prime just leaning how to be a leader...

8. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Looking forward to further details! Another tv show would be great.

9. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    It occurs to me that the reason they chose the subtitle Prime is because this is supposed to be the beginning of an all new continuity, as in the first show. Perhaps it's just another title they have to call it in some foreign market.

10. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    What I was going on about ; just to clarify is that Takara have said several times they are interested in doing characters from the Japanese exclusive continuity.

I was also pointing out that as Hasbro have no immediate obvious place to slot these in then a possible idea is to allow Takara their desire to lead a future Generations like line with some Japanese characters and then invent a campaign for America that introduces them as unless you were buying Takara TV show DVD's then you might no know who they are if you were 8 years old.

So I'm saying if Takara get their way (and they have a good argument to say that a new Star Saber for example is worth doing) then Hasbro might want some sort of new story hook to hang them on if it was more than the odd one off character like Blackshadow you need to offer some sort of explanation for somethings.

Now some they can just gloss over like Optimus Prime - Apex Armour - but if they go crazy and Takara starts wanting to make a whole load of them then it would be a waste to not use them - this is if Takara do take a lead on a toyline follow up to Generations or it's continuation.

I'm not saying they are going to - just that they have said several times that the designers really want the classics/Generations like lines to include those sorts of characters.

Personally I think it's not unlikely the odd bit will be made but perhaps they might start making new moulds for characters like Rodimus and Mirage rather than just expanding the line uni formally into Headmasters and Targetmasters.

If it was up to me - I'd get a nice mix of size of "Masters" as an overarching theme out.

So you'd have a couple of big toys that are redux God Master Covnoy and Star Saber and then perhaps make Headmasters (and just headmasters) as DOTM style mini-me Voyagers and then the Deluxe line would be Targetmasters.

But there's certainly an argument to be made that perhaps it's better to go with the est designs and instead of rehashing Weirdwolf or Skullcruncher you'd ignore the Headmaster Horrorcons and instead either make the 2 Triplechangers as standalone Ultras or make the Decepticon Targetmaster Flyers as Voyagers and the Autobot Targetmasters as Deluxes.

I'd not mind if they made the Decepticon Targetmasters as Deluxes as it would match Cyclonus & Scourge - but if they were the size of DOTM Skyhammer i'd be more impressed with them. (and that is pretty much how big the original ones were too).

Anyway that's what I'd like mostly Targetmasters with some other 'Masters' as sprinkles and maybe a few other odd characters just thrown in at random like Cosmos and Seaspray as new Deluxes (to complement Warpath).

I'd love to see Hasbro show some creativity with the scales too and apply the old sub-groups to the sizes of Cyberverse Commander or Scout as they did with Guzzle or Windcharger. for example a Triggercon as a CV Commander.

But I don't expect the Classics like line to take any great lead for a while as long as Prime is standing up front and the Movie line is still hanging about for at least another year. but come the end of 2012 and beyond they can certainly give serious thought to giving us some fun stuff like Pointblank, Getaway, Slapdash or Sureshot as Deluxes.

-----------

IDW are not mashing up Star Saber and Wing Saber now are they - Ok technically you could argue that there's some similarity between ;

Cybertron Wingsaber / Optimus
    Energon Wingsaber / Optimus
    Victory Star Saber / Leo Convoy

But Star Saber is the lead character in Victory he's the boss of Leo Convoy even if he is made up of leftovers from Masterforce Convoy, Star Saber is definitely the boss in that situation it's Leo who combines with him not the other way around as it is usually is with Wing Saber & Optimus or Jetfire & Optimus or even Magnus & Optimus.

I don't think I'd like that at all if they are calling Star Saber Wingsaber and implying he's just a glorified jetpack for an Optimusalike. It's devaluing an Autobot hero who's worthy of his own identity.

I don't think Superlink did Ultra Magnus (Overload) any favours by treating him as a slap on accessory he was hardly a character at all due to that. at least RID Magnus maintained a separate identity. but Cybertron Wing Saber lost any semblance of a personality as soon as he became Optimus' spare parts. - Wing Dagger at least had a personality. Wing Saber doesn't in Energon - and he does get some love in Cybertron when he's jetting about like an A-10 on steroids I suppose but not a huge amount and again as soon as he's seen as just a spare part for Optimus all his personality goes out the window.

But all this Optimus Combination talk does make me wonder if some of the older Combinations would work if made in reduced scale and reissued as was done with Power Rangers/Sentai a while back.

11. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmmm... entertainment? Maybe it has something to do with the first movie?

12. Oracle_Aesir

Oracle_Aesir Outback is back

News Credits:
    It's probably something to do with the Marvel comics continuation, maybe a toyline based on some of the redesigned G1 characters?

13. Clutchburn

Clutchburn Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I think it's just a pseudonym for Transformers: Prime , since Prime = One. Maybe a copyright issue in certain international markets?

14. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
    The best situation that I could possibly hope for would be Transformers One = GI Joe Resolute.

For those that just said wtf....

GI Joe Resolute was the adult oriented update to GI Joe that perfectly captured everything a modern update to an 80s franchise could and SHOULD be.

It was for adults, by adults. It was written by my man Warren Ellis, and was intended to be specifically for the people that loved the franchise in the 80s. It was serious, intelligent, had beautiful art.

Perhaps it is the new name of "classics universe generations henkei".

Hasbro said classics would continue, but they couldn't give specifics....what if TFO is the reinvention of classics with a tv show/webisodes to accompany it?

There's just something about the "One" in the title that beckons to a G1 relaunch.

15. Shipley

Shipley extremely online

News Credits:
    Transformers One is just a variation of Transformers Prime. "Prime" loosely defined means "most important" or "first" which would be #1.

16. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

Either of those outcomes would make me very happy.

17. daytimeninja

daytimeninja Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really don't think we need another TV show right now, and I for one think that another HFTD line isn't really what people want.

I hope it's something to do with Generations or a new Classics line.

18. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    I was sort of thinking of something along the lines of TFTM, since it's the 25th anniversary and all. (like the comic book that came in the rodimus/cyclonus 2 pack, but made into a movie)

19. snavej

snavej Zone 6 dweller, off-peak traveller

News Credits:
    Theme tune

Theme tune: 'One' by U2? 'One' by Metallica?

20. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought the hasbro reps at botcon said transformers one had something to do with the original 13? I could be wrong about that, but for somber reason it's ringing a big bell in my head.. Could be the really bad headache I've got going right now..