New Transformers Statues and Busts from First 4 Figures

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by imported_Tony_Bacala, Feb 13, 2006.

1. imported_Tony_Bacala

imported_Tony_Bacala Guest

First 4 Figures, current license holder for Transformers busts, statues and "the like" were at Toyfair 2006 with their newest product on display. They let us take some shots of the various items, and also gave us an inside look and break down of their future plans. Check it out below:

<b>Transformers:</b>
    <a href="http://tfw2005.net/gallery/v/Toyfair-2006-First-4-Figures-Transformers/" target="_blank">Gallery Link</a>

What can be said for sure is that First 4 Figures is focusing on the Transformers property heavily, and well. On top of all the items they have revealed through their website already, and what was on display, Alex showed us early 3D and conceptual renderings of their <b>POTENTIAL</b> upcoming products. All of these are planned, and will be released if everything goes as planned, but remember they have to react to the market as to what actually comes out. So if some of these never make it to "press", don't be suprised.

<b>G1 Galvatron</b> - based off the unreleased Dreamwave lithograph by Guido Guidi, showing Galvatron emerging from the lava pits of Charr. 3d Render was pretty dead on to pose and details of the original image.

<b>G1 Scourge and Cyclonus</b> - To go in unison with their fellow TFTM leader, Scourge and Cyclonus full figure statues with similar lava based bases will be produced along with Galvatron so the evil "new crew" from TFTM will be available for the first time in this format.

<b>Battlefield Sets</b> - The next round of Battlefield 12 inch versus dioramas will feature Soundwave, Jazz, and Blaster. Soundwave is standing dominantly over a decapitated Blaster, laying wounded and in pieces on the ground. On top of the obvious slaughter of his arch enemy, Soundwave is holding Jazz over his head in a pose which implies he is about to toss his a** like a little girl. The piece will have a inter-connectible base which combines with the first one, featuring Optimus Prime and Megatron.

The second Battlefield set, to be released after the above mentioned, would be one featuring Hot Rod vs. Rumble and Ravage. The Rumble figure would be in pile-driver mode, and smashing the entire base of the diorama, leaving Hot Rod disoriented. The smash "line" from Rumble would potentially cross over into the Soundwave base when they are connected, to further connect the sets. When done, You could potentially have 8, 10, 12, 14 - 12 inch resin/polystone sets all interconnecting to look like one big G1 may-lay. I realize it is called Battlefield and that the sets were announced as being interconnectible, but to see and hear of these next 2, and know how they will directly connect to the first set, just makes me imagnine an entire kitchen table covered in a high-quality G1 battle scene. Which is insane to think of.

<b>Beast Wars</b>
    Several Beast Wars statues and busts are planned beyond the Primal and Dinobot already seen.

Busts - Early showings of first-generation-Rattrap, Depthcharge, Scorponok, first-generation-Megatron, Waspinator, and Ravage were shown. The Ravage and Rattrap were pretty detailed, Rattrap more so, and he looked solid - his arms were folded and head pointing off to the side with the cocky demeanor that Rattrap had in the show. The base on Rattrap was similar to the ones seen on Primal and Dinobot. So a nice little series will be available in similar tones.

Statues - A first-generation-Megatron vs. Rhinox set was shown, I believe this was set to be in 12 inch scale. BW Megatron was shown impaling Rhinox from behind, thrusting his dinosaur-headed hand through his back, coming out of Rhinox's chest. Definately cool stuff, have to see it to absorb what they are doing with it.

Also mentioned were that they wanted to try for an Optimal Optimus bust, in "scale" with the others, so it would probably be larger than the others, yet still in bust format.

Check out G.I. Joe vs TF and Beast Wars statues shown at their booth by clicking above. Note: That Prime Hiss Tank statues is HUGE. The Snake Eyes in his hand is actually a little bigger than a 3 3/4ths size Joe figure.

<b>G.I. Joe</b>
    <a href="http://www.hisstank.com/images/v/First-4-Figures-GI-Joe/ target="_blank">Gallery Link</a>

The unseen Joes were cool as well. They are planning a Serpentor, complete with his gliding chariot, a hooded Cobra Commander bust, in a pose similar to that seen on the cover of Marvel's G.I. Joe issue #100. Also seen were a bust for Gung-Ho (dead on), and Beach-head. The last seen was a rendition of the Devil's Due created G.I. Joe "Wraith" character. Planned but not shown was a Snake Eyes vs. Storm Shadow set.

Overall the vibe from F4F was that they are seriously into making these lines work, and that they want to please the fans. They are constantly looking at the various sites and boards, and are watching what we say. So just make sure to sound of on what you think, good or bad, about this stuff shown and planned. They will listen and react as they can, and hopefully we can all get some good stuff in the end.

Thats about it, out! --Tony B.

2. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Dinobot looks much better than when I first saw pics and the tfw Magnus looks awesome! Might pick up both if TF Classics don't decimate my wallet!

3. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Those G.I.Joe vs TF statues are pretty cool. And LOL at the Baroness walking Ravage :lol :

4. Runamuck

Runamuck Swindle Knows Best

News Credits:
    The Baroness w/ Ravage statue just plain rocks. It looks huge, too. I wonder how much it will be..because I sooo want one.

5. Blaster

Blaster Australian Ghetto Blaster

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    dammit, why is Blaster always mangled or dead or something when it comes to showdowns with Soundwave :(  I mean dam, would it kill someone to have Blaster be the victor just once?

Blaster gets no love :thumbdown 

6. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Some of those sound freaking sweet. Especially the BW battles. Unfortantly it will (as always) be lack of money that stops me from supporting these.

7. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If I remember right it's somewhere around $150-175. Whatever the number is, I know it was way more than I wanted to spend on it.

8. Roller

Roller Keep on rollin'! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    what's the plan for the size of the G1 galvatron, scourge and cyclonus statues?

9. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    cool stuff, though the Primal bust looks too much like a burly guy wearing a sweater.

10. Bluestreak

Bluestreak Well-Known Member

Rhinox with Megatron's T-Rex head bursting out of his chest from behind?
    Damn that sounds cool.

11. Runamuck

Runamuck Swindle Knows Best

News Credits:
    My sentiments exactly! I want to see Blaster kick his butt for once.

Oh, damn...that is a little pricey for my blood. :( 

12. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'll be getting the Optimus/Megatron First4Figures set. I don't think I'm going to spend that type of $ on a de-capitated Blaster. Yuk. The TF/Joe statues are way cool, especially the Baroness walking Ravage. Even though not a strong Beast fan, I like the Busts, but with everything else out there to buy, like Diamond Select's Matrix, the BW busts will be low on the list, if at all.

13. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    I will get the OPvs Meg statue and the others to ..man especially that Soundwave statue..that will OWN. I hade a feeling that Blaster and Soundwave would be the next one

14. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

Man, FIrst 4 Figures stuff is REALLY impressive. Hard Heroes busts and statues always seemed to lack detail, and Palisades went off the deep end into hyper detail, but these seem just about perfect. I especially like the Primal, and the juxtaposition of the organic and metal. I'm seriously thinking about buying some of these, and I've never bought a statue or bust in my life so that's saying something.

My one complaint is what's with the violent Decepticons/Predacons killing Autobots/Maximals? Megatron impaling Rhinox? Soundwave decapitating Blaster and throwing Jazz like a little girl? Hot Rod getting beat by RUMBLE? Hell, even the Optimus/Megatron one has Optimus in a compromising position. I guess they'll look cool and all, but how about one of an Autobot owning a Decepticon somewhere in there?

15. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Damn these sound awesome! I've never bought a statue in my life, but the battlefield statues (or whatever they're being called) are definently must buys for me! Although, I do agree with everyone who says that the Autobots seem to be in compomised positions against the Decepticons, but keep in mind that the 'cons were all designed for war and the Autobots just want peace. It's like a trained military fighting against freedom fighters. Head on doesn't work... watch the movie The Patriot to know what I mean.

As it goes, the Prime vs. Megs statue seems to have both of them in a compromised position. Sure Prime's guard is up, but he's inside Megatron's guard also... if you've every watched boxing or studied martial arts... you'd realize that someone of Prime's capabilities is about to hand the Decepticon Emperor his ass.

The Soundwave/Blaster/Jazz one just sounds all sorts of awesome! I don't know why, but I actually like the idea of Soundwave having ripped Blaster apart. Goes along with what happened in Headmasters (although, admittedly, Soundwave didn't come out of that well either). But I think it fits to see Soundwave launching Jazz like a little girl. Sure Jazz is a Special Operations type guy, but Soundwave is just badass!

As for the Hot Rod vs. Rumble thing. Err... I can see that. Even more experienced 'bots have been massively disoriented by Rumble and Frenzy's attacks... especially their piledrivers.

As for the Autobots handing some Decepticons their asses... just imagine what they could do if they decide to do Grimlock, Sideswipe or Sunstreaker? I wonder how many statues are going to be in this line? It makes me really want to start getting these!

16. Bluestreak

Bluestreak Well-Known Member

Good point about the Autobots getting owned in the battlefield statues.

Some versions with Decepticons getting maimed sounds good to me.

Some of these seem to be rather violent so I'll run with that idea...

Prowl melting Skywarp's face off with acid pellets from his rifle?

Grimlock biting Reflector in half?

Springer impaling Octane through the head with his sword?

17. Triggerhappy

Triggerhappy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah, well violent. Can we get some G2 Comic book homaging going on in there ; ) yeah..

18. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    now this is just a small dream but imagine this --

Devastator in a bigger scale with the dinos all over him like -
    -Grimlock cloggin himself onto his shoulder with a firm bitting grip on his left shoulder.
    -Snarl tailslapping him from behind with his tail hittign his lowerback
    -Slag ramming into his right leg
    -Sludge is beeing pinned down under Devastators left foot
    -Swoop beeing held around the head in some sort of chocking hold from his right hand.

of course it would be a enourmus big statue and hade to be engenired perfectly so but Damn it would ROCK.

19. Galvatron 88

Galvatron 88 The Greatest of Cybertron

Will be getting

dinobot

And baroness/ravage

Galvatron and crew

and the soundwave set

and any other that comes out that looks cool!!!

20. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Good visual image, but I'd prefer a hand to hand battle between Devastator & Omega Supreme! :thumbs2: