new Transformers prime commercial

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by wrecker, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think all that shine is throwing me off a bit as well. Some of the designs look kind of interesting but all that shine is kind of distracting. It's almost like the Autobots sit around all day shining and buffing their parts all day.

Something about all that light reflecting off the models just makes them stand out too much like CGI where less light reflecting might bring it just a bit closer to the look of more traditional animation.

2. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    Haters gonna hate. I feel bad that you're not going to give this a try, but it is your opinion. The reason why I'm commenting is because Railguard does represent the collective difference between individuals who watch animation, one that's always kind of been there, but hasn't really been discussed in detail between those who don't mind CGI animation, vs those who don't like it, or don't like the direction that an animator goes in with it, vs those who only enjoy 2D animation (a lost artform).

Agreed, but I'm going to wait before I put the TF: P series on par with this. +1 though for being a huge BTAS lover. :thumb  DC's universe of cartoons produced from BTAS through to JLU was something we don't normally get with other character lines.

Personally, this looks a lot better than the prior preview we got, a lot more cleaned up for backgrounds. And it got me excited about getting to watch this.

3. FREEWAY

FREEWAY Banned

Well I saw a longer commercial this morning on the Hub as my kids were watching...Deltora's Quest or something...whatever is on around 7 in the morning. And it showed the kids riding a female motorcycle-bot, a battle with some Decepticon drones, Megatron, Cliffjumper transforming, and I think I saw one of their spaceships (Decepticon?) and a quick entrance of the Autobot's HQ underground. The CGI reminded me of Beast Wars, but still with an art style from Animated. It was longer than the 30 second one listed on the front of this posted linked to HUB's web site.

4. Smeg

Smeg Well-Known Member

Bumblebee's alt mode looks like a cross between the current gen Camaro and Mad Max's "Pursuit Special" Falcon. I like it better than the actual Camaro :) 

5. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:

And you could at least have watched one episode before writing it off.

6. tide

tide NEON PRIDE

News Credits:
    Definitely going to need a figure of an Eradicon trooper!

7. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    when did Cylons become transformers?

Looks heaps better then animated but I still long for a g1 modernization/reboot series

8. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    The animation looks so fluid! Just chek out Arcee running for that! O.O The Decepticon symbol at the beginning is just great! Too bad i didnt have sound this time. XD I need to try later on a different pc. :p 
    Thanks for sharing this!

9. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I'm at school and Facebook is blocked. I can't watch the trailer at the moment. :( 
    Those screenshots look AWESOME though. Every new trailer that comes out, the animation looks more an more polished.

10. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    We don't: she had to leave production due to personal issues. (death in the family, I think)

11. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    This. Don't get me wrong, i'm super excited for this series, but I would love to see a different shift of focus to another time, place, and set of characters. I know its unlikely to happen though.

12. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Lucasfilm Animation (which has roots from Pixar) and what is most likely a bigger budget than Hasbro could afford helps.

It's because, well, as an adult fan, you and I are aberrations. We are not the intended target for all of this stuff. Hasbro targets kids, and most of the kids stop watching the cartoons after they ditch toys and move onto video games or something. SOME kids stay on and grow up to be fans, but yeah, for most of Hasbro's intended audience, they've only seen this sort of story a few times.

On the other hand, fans stick around for years longer than any of Hasbro's target audiences, so we keep seeing the same basic formula. Might get tiresome for us, but this is a winning formula for Hasbro, so it's not hard to see why they're sticking with it.

13. baggzey23

baggzey23 psn - baggzey23

News Credits:
    i'm guessing this:
    *stuff that happened on cybertron* -> G1
    WFC -> prime (so you could say this is a rival to G1)

14. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    We did not meant the Animation. WE MEANT THE DESINGS OF THE CHARACTERS

15. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Looking much better now, good to finally see real finished footage.

16. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    agree.

also I love the design of drones

17. VokVisitor

VokVisitor Artist

Hmmm... "Stand by us and we will stand by you" doesn't sound like a very Optimus Prime thing to say. It's so... conditional. It's not "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" at all :( 

Over the last few years, the People who write Transformers media (especially the movies) seem to have be making Optimus so much... harsher. I hope this trend doesn't continue until he's just a killing machine who happens to be the side of good. Megatron and his Decepticons are the conditional, dis-compassionate ones (saying "only the strong should rule" and "Cybertron first" etc) and Prime's unconditional compassion for living things was what made the Autobots so likable in the first place.

If this show devolves into "ARG let's kill all the Decepticons!" and shows the Autobots playing favorites with humanity in the way that ROTF did, I will be sad.

18. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

Is Dinobot going to be in this?

19. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    As far as I know he hasn't even been rumored as being in TFP.

20. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I say that the Hasbro Rep was full of crap