New Transformers: Prime Comic Book And Series Plot Revealed

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Icespark, May 29, 2010.

1. U.Magnus80

U.Magnus80 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Maybe this prequels WFC. Unless WFC is canon and this isn't, but that just wouldn't make sense.
    I really don't see how OP wouldn't be a central character.....and as an OP fanboy, I would be dissappointed if he wasn't.

2. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Hm, this looks like it could actually be a really interesting take on Transformers. I loved the rookie take on Optimus in Animated and it looks we're setting up for that again.

Unless I finally got my wish and the new Prime is Rodimus. Lordy, that would be excellent (it'll never happen, of course - Hasbro seems dead set against putting Rodimus back in his rightful place ever again - but it would be awesome).

3. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Holy Crap this sounds promising. The story of Orion Pax/Opti whatever before he became optimus. Then how they leave for earth and more? OH HELL YES! Seems like an amalgamation of all universes still, but with strong emphasis on AWESOME, and story centric character usage. EPIC UTTER WIN!

4. pikaprime12511

pikaprime12511 Well-Known Member

SWEET! Even Tho I LOVE OP,Prime-Bee WOULD BE EPIC!!

5. pikaprime12511

pikaprime12511 Well-Known Member

U Eva Heard Of G1? Bumblebee Was One Of The Central Figure/Kid Appealing Characters And It Was BEFORE MB Came ;) 

6. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    Sounds awesome,can't wait to see what comes of this.

7. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

Why is everyone acting like this story hasn't been told a hundred million billion trillion times?

The origin of Optimus Prime that has NEVER been told....except by G1, Dreamwave, IDW, and oh hell every other iteration of Transformers.

This is NOT a new story.

8. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    Where are you guys getting all of this I mean seriously. If i read another comment suggesting the fear of Prime being dead or Bumblebee being the leader I am going to punch myself in the face for you.

NO where was that mentioned or suggested. They name dropped Bumblebee as one of the autobots because he is very recognizeable. The plot from everything we have seen will take place PRE G1 so Optimus is ALIVE. He is the new leader they will find in their battles hence the name of the whole show PRIME!! Its pretty straight forward which make me baffled as to how half the fandom could read into it all this other nonsense.

That being said, I love the sound of this and am very excited to see it!

9. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:

This.

Hopefully the show turns out to be cool, because the premise really doesn't seem that exiting, but it is very vague. I don't really see why so many are so excited over just this vague description

10. darthdevious

darthdevious Destroyer of Worlds

Not for nothing, but, the comic is a prequal to the series, and since it has already been announced that Mr. Cullen is lending his voice to the series, we must extrapolate from all evidence that the most logical thing is, the new storyline is about Optimus becoming the Prime we all know and love.

11. Brodimus Prime

Brodimus Prime Matrix Templar

News Credits:
    Cullen has already been confirmed to play Optimus, so that whole notion of Bumblebee being the leader and star of the series is just wrong. Odds are this is simply a pre-G1 type series, like War Within and War for Cybertron. Rest assured, Optimus will be the focus, hence the name of the series.

12. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    Sounds like they should've called it "Transformers: Bumblebee" :rolleyes: . Didn't that Hasbro Hub logo have Bayverse BB hanging off it? If it turns out to be a Bayverse cartoon, My tele will be getting turned *off*...

13. Emperor Zarak

Emperor Zarak Decepticon Emperor

News Credits:
    ......I reserve judgment till the final product

14. Honorbound

Honorbound The Reclusive Semi-Lurker

This sounds pretty good; all the previous times they told Optimus's origin haven't been satisfying so far: War Dawn wrapped it up in a morality tale, IDW barely went into it, and Dreamwave had problems. (An archivist "chosen" by forces outside his control? No thanks.) Granted, I haven't played War for Cybertron, so I can't judge that one.

15. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If this is the story of how Prime comes into power I might jizz myself.

16. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Nope.

I have never thought that either WFC or TF: P ever had anything to do with each other.

17. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    The big question in my mind is whether the show will be earth-based or Cybertron based.

I'm kinda thinking this might be to the Bay movies what WFC is to G1.

18. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I agree.

19. Prime82

Prime82 Optimus knows all

no worries. peter cullen signed on so of course optimus is in it

20. Sky Shark

Sky Shark Well-Known Member

Makes me wonder if they're going to try to pull off a another G1ish lenght with this, they're really putting out the media for this they have the generic Generations line where they cram in new styles and they did show that they wanted to do a longer than 52 episode series with Animated and with them actually being a controlling force in HUB they decide whether the show airs or gets canceled so in a way they are in a perfect position to deliver a well developed 3-4+ long series. Or a string of series that all flow together and share a similar art style and background unlike the art style of Energon and Cybertron being radicly diffrent from armada.