New Transformers Pinball Machine from Stern Pinball

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by UltimusPrime, Oct 1, 2012.

1. UltimusPrime

UltimusPrime Banned

News Credits:
    Seems to be aimed at the home user.

STERN Pinball - Transformers PIN

Stern Pinball Introduces the TRANSFORMERS™ Pin™ - Stylish, Affordable Pinball Entertainment for the Home

Innovative TRANSFORMERS™ Pin™ To Be Released under the

Stern Home Arcade™ Brand

MELROSE PARK, IL – October 1, 2012 – Today, Stern Pinball, Inc., the world’s only maker of real pinball games, introduced the TRANSFORMERS™ Pin™, a stylish, affordable and entertaining pinball game designed and engineered exclusively for the home. For customers new to pinball ownership, the TRANSFORMERS Pin offers fun and timeless family entertainment at an affordable price. The Pin™ also provides an entry into the rapidly growing community of pinball play and ownership driven by impassioned enthusiasts and collectors around the globe. The Pin is the latest model to be developed by Stern and joins the company’s existing line-up of Pro, Premium, and Limited Edition models.

The licensed TRANSFORMERS Pin features art, music, speech, and sound effects from the blockbuster TRANSFORMERS franchise. Since the birth of the franchise in 1984, the TRANSFORMERS brand has been celebrated with toys, comic books, animation, summer blockbuster movies and more. Under license from Hasbro, Stern is now proud to be adding an additional pinball game model to its lineup. Players can expect the classic battle between the heroic OPTIMUS PRIME and the villainous MEGATRON as well as other beloved AUTOBOT and DECEPTICON characters.

The easily assembled TRANSFORMERS Pin is built to last and engineered with genuine Stern commercial-quality parts including flippers, slingshots, pop bumpers, tempered playfield glass, and the traditional pinball plunger. The playfield is housed in a stylish cabinet with modern, high definition artwork. The all-LED playfield lighting provides optimal color and performance.

“The Pin is specifically designed to provide quality family entertainment and bring pinball to more homes everywhere. TRANSFORMERS is a great title for the entire family and we’re very pleased to add The Pin model to our TRANSFORMERS offering,” said Gary Stern, Founder, CEO and Chairman of Stern Pinball, Inc.

Through December 31, 2012, the TRANSFORMERS Pin will be available in the United States exclusively at Amazon.com. To order in the US, please visit: Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more

The TRANSFORMERS Pin will also be available in Canada exclusively through The Playdium Store and Cineplex Starburst, Inc. To order in Canada, please visit: either www.theplaydiumstore.com or Starburst Coin Machines Inc..

[​IMG]

http://www.amazon.com/Stern-Transfo...49128567&sr=8-4&keywords=transformers+pinball

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

LOFL!!! That price!!

3. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No lol. I prefer the one my friend has the con version.

4. LamboTwinLove

LamboTwinLove Lambo Assassin

Maybe if it wasn't movieverse... I would have loved it if they went for an IDW theme with this. Would have been a lot nicer.

5. Bakushan

Bakushan Well-Known Member

What is the price?

6. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    Agreed. Movie artwork is over detailed and not easy on the eyes to look at. I still find it difficult to warm to any of the official movie artwork.

Sometimes simple is best.

$3000

This is how Pinball collectors see this machine, but with a huge price tag.

[​IMG]

7. Jason Blue Boost

Jason Blue Boost Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hopefully this will be at the Chicago Pinball Expo in a couple weeks. If so, I'll get some better pics and video. Expo is giving away a X-Men pinball game to the winner of the A division. Wish me luck!

8. Bakushan

Bakushan Well-Known Member

$3,000? Lol...

9. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    Yeah...if the first release was $3,000 that would be fine...$3000 fo THIS is insane. I can pick up a ton of other, better quality pinball machines (Other than the very newest or Addams Family...my #1 want!) for HALF that.

10. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Bride of Pinbot, Twilight Zone, Terminator, Atlantis, Fun House, or black hole.

If I had the money for a pinball table I would put it into one of those.

maybe a fall of cybertron table or a Prime table would garner more interest from me because its connecting with me better than the films did. But this table is far to dull.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  11. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Looks like cheap junk. I would love a pinball machine, but it sure as hell won't be this one.

12. Reflector Prime

Reflector Prime Well-Known Member

That is the most expensive Movie Megatron toy yet!!! Such heroic nonsense.

13. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    haahh description says affrodable what fan has the money to buy this?

i buy it if i had that type of money regardless how it looks always wanted pinball machine

14. Roller

Roller Keep on rollin'! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    This is my two cents:
    Avid pinball collectors should realize that this Pin is not being made for them. It is being made for the families that will want just one (1) brand new, simple, cheaper, smaller pinball machine to go in their game room next to the multicade, pool table, foosball table, poker table etc and that their kids can beat to hell without destroying a $5,000+ machine. There is a reason why they chose the Transformers theme first, as that theme from all of their existing licenses would appeal most to a family with kids. I suspect over time the price will go down to $2,000.

This is only a good thing for collectors of new Stern pinball machines, as it will help keep the prices down for their collector oriented Limited Edition and Pro models through cost sharing.

15. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So its 3000$ after a 1000$ savings on it too , so they are trying to say that piece of garbage is a 4000$ pinball machine ? :) ) Thats too funny lol .. You can buy awesome pinball games for like $1500 all day long and it would blow that craptastic looking thing out of the water..

16. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    As I have extensive exp in the Arcade Exp, I'll just wait a few years for the real ones to hit the secondary market and then restore one.

17. OptimussSTAR

OptimussSTAR Well-Known Member

there are collectors who will spend the money, I wouldn't unless the price came down considerably just because it is a nice collectible but not at that price lol

18. lildevilchick

lildevilchick what the doctor ordered

Wow, that price is crazy. And I'm definitely not liking the fact that it's movie-verse...

19. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    Transformers fans won't buy it, pinball fans won't buy it.

Who will?

20. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    Transformers Fans when nobody buys them and they get clearanced