New Transformers listings at Target

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Dark_Convoy, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    Showing it does make me think it is extremely likely, hence the "So no matter how likely it is(I do think it's highly likely, just not a full 100%)". I would think Archer wouldn't have shown that unless it was just a formality to get final approval. Still that is not 100% confirmation.

It all makes sense that it's Neo G1 but we do not KNOW that yet... so just nobody forget a couple grains of salt.

2. Junior

Junior Wise Beyond My Years TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, maybe that line was a little insensitive. If all you read was this part of the post, you missed the point of the rest of what I said. I made a statemet saying that "Fans make what they want of a listing, before they have any or enough facts."

If you want to say that these are likely Neo G1 or whatever fans want to call them, Fine. I am not going to assume that from the listing, but you and anyone else are welcome to. I was only presenting an oppossing view point saying, "Hey, it might not be what we think it is, we have been wrong before."

No Problem.
    No issue.
    Its cool.
    Enjoy the thread.

Junior :thumb 

3. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Well, someone's got to be the voice of reason for all of us psychotic G1 fanboys! :thumbs2: 

I'm trying not to get my hopes too high personally, but I honestly can't think of anything else that would get the "Classics" tag added to it and makes since... aside from perhaps the the G1 reissues continueing throught Target, but that's highly unlikely. Still, Hasbro is a corporation and as those of us that work in retail know... corporations never ever make sense... and even when they make sense... they don't. Still, too much is fitting in place for me not to get a little giddy.

4. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I haven't seen the pricing posted anywhere so here goes:

Transformers Classic Deluxe - $12.99
    Transformers Classic Voyager - $19.99
    Transformers Universe Ultra Asst - $16.99

No, that's not a typo. The Universe Ultras come up at only $16.99. This is pretty surprising considering how over priced Target's Star Wars exclusives were. I am a little disappointed though that deluxes are $12.99. Hopefully they'll be worth the extra $3.

5. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    especially at those price points...

6. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    In late 1999 Hasbro reissued some early BW molds as recolors, for lack of a better term, I called them "Classics", so I think "Classics" could fit a line of repaints.

I do strongly believe the Neo G1 line will happen and this is it, but if it didn't happen how would Hasbro make that decision? Decide they didn't want to invest in fully making new molds for a fill-in line and just do a repaint line... of "Classic" molds and perhaps of "Classic" paint schemes.... "Classic" could easily fit such a thing.

7. peteynorth

peteynorth TFW2005 Supporter

I wonder if that's just for this particular line, or if it's a permanent shift. I suppose it's time for inflation to take a bite, but a 30% jump is a bit high, and that size/price point is any TF line's bread and butter.

8. Pimpimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm guessing its for the line. Heck SWTF's are $15 and they're not really much bigger than a Cybertron Deluxe.

9. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    ..eck...

I hope it's just for this line. It would suck if all deluxes were getting a premanent shift to this price... collecting an entire line is a pain in the wallet enough now... :Gouki:  And there goes my wallet...

10. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    yeah, but think about it this way, todays deluxes are nearly the equivelent of BW-RiD megas size wise, and if the peeps spoke truth about the level of articulation and detail this (assumed) line will have, i'm totally ok with this.

on a slightly deviated topic, i'm more annoyed at how much smaller (and in a lot of cases simpler) Cyb Basics are than Energon Basics, but we're still shelling out $7/8 for 'em...

11. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    This also could be Target only pricing. If the Classic line is the Neo-G1, it wouldn't be Target exclusive, would it? I know the Universe Ultras were Target exclusives, but the filler line between Cybertron and the movie should be at all major retailers.

12. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

You should move to Canada, where ALL our deluxe toys are around 14.99$... I don't even want to think of how much those poor UKers and European Transfans have to pay...

But the drop in price in the Universe Ultras sure is welcomed... strange, but very good for my wallet since I'll probably end up saving alot of money when it comes to importing a Overbite/Repugnus set... or the new G1 line, if they turn out to be Target exclusives (which I hope they won't). My bank account could do without another serious beating from Target exclusive TFs

13. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Awesome that the Universe Ultras will be 3 bucks cheaper, almost makes the long wait worth it. (Almost.)

And honestly, I'm surprised deluxes have stayed at their $10 price for as long as they have. I don't blame Hasbro for finally bumping up the price next year.

14. Weremole

Weremole Whack-a-mole Avenger

Around 19.99$. Megas/Voyagers and Ultra are only a measly 5$ apart and the prices just skyrocket from there.

I don't understand how the whole pricing work. The US gets the whole line, cheaper and has the major advantage of sales and clearances. The rest gets a few toys each line, priced by the double and shelfwarmed forever.

But still the toys manages to move. The TF shelf whas plucked bare after x-mas only a few C Landmines left. The only figures having trouble moving is Super and Supreme.

Wich Hasbro Nordic is cutting back on it seems to much dismay of those who want Megatron, Metroplex and Primus later.

15. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    They will be new molds. No way in hell they will be Target exclusives.

Remember how the BW 10th Anniversary toys first popped up in Target computers and people instantly spread the rumor they would be Target exclusives, and then reacted with surprise when they were first spotted at Wal*Mart?

16. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well, I was posting a list of spending priorities. Being married, it does have costs -- just not monetary ones. :D 

ObTopic: I can't see why they'd raise Deluxes by 30% across all lines, but leave Megas/Voyagers at $20. I'm assuming that the packaging will be fancy-schmancy for these like BW10 -- plus maybe we'll get pack-ins here, too. (Energon Cubes, the Negavator, Vector Sigma, or mini versions of the Ark and the Nemesis, anyone?)

17. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

I don't think Alternator detail with Cybertron playbility is possible at $10, no matter how small you make them. If these are the G1 Neo characters, they'd have more parts and fancier paints than what a $9.99 Cybertron Deluxe has (Hasbro probably gets those Playschool-themed colors used in current and past Deluxes for $1 per 500 gallon tank). That's what the higher cost is for. And I think the higher prices listed by Pimpimus Prime adds more weight to the notion that these 'Classics' are indeed the G1 remakes. Plus, didn't the original G1 Cars sell for $12.99 or something like that?

18. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Look at Crosswise. Whether or not you think this is Alt. detail, that's what Hasbro means. I just call it a shellbot.

The jets were over $10, the cars were under $10. In the 80s, there were more retailers besides big boxes, so prices varied more.

Now, with these new listings, I'm REALLY looking forward to Toy Fair. They should have something to show the fans. Feb 12-15!!

19. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

Toy Fair can't get here fast enough...

20. Pimpimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Or the RiD car brothers. Yeah, they have lots of kibble but they also have realistic alt modes and tons of articulation.