New Transformers listings at Target

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Dark_Convoy, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

2. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

Transformers Classic? What the hell? Could it be more G1 reissues? I hope not. Maybe its a new line of repaints or something... I dunno, I'm just pulling stuff out my ass now. I really have no clue what I'm doing here.

who took my false teeth?

3. GetterDragun

GetterDragun Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Transformers Classic? Reissue or the new G1 stuff?

4. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

I think its way too early to be seeing some of that new G1 revisited stuff, but I could be wrong. Only time will tell.

5. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Classic?

could it be the new G1 line?

6. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    The Universe Ultra is the exclusive Devastator repaint of RiD's Build Team. But the Classic one... hmm, that's a new one on me. SKowl's right about it being too early for the propsed Neo G1 line, and I can't see Target wanting to continue the reissues. I'm very curious to see what this is.

7. meetoblivion

meetoblivion aka chazzy

Ebay:
    It could be the new line. Maybe they're trying a new subline? G1 Redux is supposed to be deluxes and megas only.

8. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

Voyagers ARE Megas.

I think it's fairly safe to say this is probably the new G1 line we saw at Botcon.

9. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

I can't wait to see pics of this new G1 line if that is what in fact it is.

10. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The plot thickens! :rock 

11. Random Autobot

Random Autobot Soviet Kanukistani

We haven't even seen a test shot of any of the proposed neo-g1 figures. Wouldn't that make it a little early for listings showing up in retail computers?

12. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    reminds me of the day we heard about armada for the first time... "armada? does that have anything to do with cyclonus from the movie?" i dunno why but it reminds me of that yes.

13. meetoblivion

meetoblivion aka chazzy

Ebay:
    I know. That was my point.

And I don't think it's too early for them, we've seen listings for figures much sooner than prototypes, I think we saw some alternators like this.

14. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    We haven't seen them but the folks at botcon I believe saw a sculpt of starscream via presentation.

I don't think its too early. Those things at earliest will hit in fall. Plus things hit the computer a lot earlier than they show up. Anyone remember the lancer evolution alternator listed in walmart computers that has yet to show up? How about how long it has taken for the RAM to finally unveil itself? Even now prime is not out yet yet a ram was listed in the walmart computers long ago.

So I think this could be the G1redux. Just in the computers early as usual. Hasbro did say they wanted a dlx/mega/voyuager line if I am not mistaken for neo g1.
    I wonder if the prices will be the same as cybertron...

And most of cybertron's molds are done, just a few US exclusives, and as far as we know, just await release@retail(most of the molds were used in GF in japan therefore already accessable, and there are not many US exclusives). Being that most of cybertron is already done in regards to molds and tooling, wouldn't it make sense that takara and hasbro have been and ARE working on the neo G1 line as we speak? I hear the turn around from initial toy design to production is 1 year, we heard of neog1 last fall, and at that point I heard of the starscream sculpt, if they were already that far last fall, then they are probably in the middle to final stages of finishing off designs for neo g1 at this point.

So who knows? I wouldn't mind seeing neog1 at the end of the year!

15. Blastwave

Blastwave Well-Known Member

It means I'll be "classicly disappointed" when I find out what this is...

I'd love to see a new G1 line (especially after hearing that announcement from botcon) but it feels too early. My guess is that it is just some universe style repaints. As long as they're in G1 homage colors, though, I'll buy them.

16. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    I would be surprised in Transformers Classic is not the Neo-G1 line.

As for the Universe Ultras, that's obviously Devastator and the Overbite & Repugnus 2-pack.

17. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

But there is only one listing for the Universe Ultras... shouldn't there be THREE seperate ones -- for the two constructicon 2-packs and the Overbite & Repugnus set?

18. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    naw its just a pricepoint/sizeclass general group listing like "transformers classic deluxe" or "transformers classic voyager". "transformers universe ultra" includes all the listings in the assortment. The piece listing is where you would get individual listings.

19. ChErikS

ChErikS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is almost certainly the new line. In the materials we've gotten from Hasbro for the fall they refer to the new line as "Vintage" since I don't see that sounding all that cool on toy boxes I can see why they would have used the name Classic instead. Also, these should be the only two price points for this line as they've only shown us two so far.
    As for it being in to early to be the new line, Cybertron's last releases are slated for October. We had Beast Wars 10th in our computers at least 8 months ahead of time so this sounds legitimate.

20. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sounds like the new G1 style line to me, sweet! From memory, we had no idea about Energon combiners when they showed up on Walmart's computers.

So yeah, bring on the new Megatron pistol... :)