Fan Art: New transformers G1/Beast Era fan series, needs fan input.

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by kukuzoo, Sep 29, 2010.

1. kukuzoo

kukuzoo Member

Hey transfans, an visual development studio Kukuzoo will be working on a new CG fan based pilot that is set a few years after the events of Beast Machines. We are looking for a bit of fan input in the storyline, interesting characters youd like to see etc.

Here are some info regarding the new series.
    • We see a major return from the quintessons.
    • Vehicle modes and robots modes of our characters have beast like qualities to them, much like how g1 robot modes were humanistic.
    • Descendants from the original beast machines/G1 stories. Who is your favorite characters? let us know.

We will be meeting wit hHasbro canada to get some unofficial sponsership. Most importantly we will be showcasing the pilot at TFCon2011, the Fan Expo and Botcon 2011.

Thanks guys for your help!

Don.

Here is our teaser ad. Name might change.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2010
  2. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Heres a thought, what if the Quintessons bring the Vehicons back to keep the descendants of the Maximals and Predacons busy. Then they make their move to get Cybertron back during that conflict.

As for some characters:
    Rattrap
    Cheetor
    Waspinator
    Optimus Primax (Related to Primal)
    Hyperblast (Starscream wannabe)
    Solarstreak (Elite Guard member)
    Ironclad (The Rambo of Transformers)

3. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

"The Machine Judges" is a bit clumsy, doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.

My favorite Beast Wars characters are Rampage and Depth Charge.

4. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I will be watching this with great interest.

Might offer some suggestions when I've had time to think about it.

5. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now this...this is going to get interesting. :popcorn 

6. vmagnum

vmagnum Horrorcon

Polar Claw could well fit an image of a white ice cream van.with firepower.hmmhh..

Think the beasts form G1 should make a re-appearance while being imbued with Beast Machine characteristics.Predaking (Razorclaw & buddies) comeback, a completely different Skylynx, or perhaps a much 'organic-looking' Sixshot ? Just suggestions

Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  7. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Maximals
    Leo Prime (replacing Optimus Primal)
    Cheetor
    Rattrap
    Blackarachnia
    Silverbolt
    Tigatron
    Airazor
    Nightscream
    Grimlock
    Slagcrucher
    Swoop
    Sludge
    Snarl
    Sky Lynx
    Arcee
    Blurr
    Rodimus Trion (A Old verison of Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime)
    Wheelus Magnus (A Upgrade Wheelie)

Predacons
    Shockwave (replacing Megatron)
    Waspinator
    Razorclaw
    Divebomb
    Scrapper (the last Construticon)
    Swindle
    Onslaught
    Galvatron (Beast Wars 2 one)
    Cyclonus
    Scourge
    the Sweeps
    Ratbat
    Blitzwing

8. Shockwave 75

Shockwave 75 Master of the Rules.

I think it depends on what continuity you are going to follow, and if that includes the Japanese stuff.

This is a good list, but again continuity comes into play. Of all the characters you have listed, if they are going to follow all established BW/BM continuity, then Tigatron, Airazor, and Galvatron II are all dead.
    And if they're gonna use Slag, I'd rather he was just called Slag, don't change his name.

9. kukuzoo

kukuzoo Member

Jet bolt - Where definatly gonna see cheetors reprisal, or descandant, he was a main player in beast machines/beast wars, and the apparent successor to primal. much like hot rod was. So its a must we see this.

Wollstone - I agree with the name being clumsy now... I will definatly consider a name you decide... might be good to have a more further develooped story.... as for depth charge and rampage, both characters died in beast wars, so sadly i dont know how we can explain thier reprisal, without some explaination of backstory that might affect the story somewhat. But i loved depth charge, so i will try my best!!
    The vehicle and robot modes have a very animal design to them. Much like the humanoid style robot mode of g1, some robot modes will not be recognizable as human, but more like beast. But no organic elements to it. All metal.

Shockwave - this will be a g1/beast era continuity most definatly. Its something we wanted to see and the fans really are itching to see. Its been 10 years since we've seen a new fresh story.
    I will DEFINATLY be pulling huge reference from g1-beast wars to keep the story structured.

I snagged a concept design of one of the characters in our story.
    [​IMG]

Cheers Guys!
    Don.

10. OhSlag!

OhSlag! Well-Known Member

I would like the cast limited to ~15 main characters so that each character will have lots of time in the spotlight and be able to develope in depth characters (like BW and Animated did)

also ...."I'll be back! Even if it takes a thousand years, I'LL BE REVENGED ON YOU ALL!"

this quote is something Starscream yelled as his spark went back into space duriing the BW season 1 episode 'possession'. I would love if starscreams threat came true.

Random thoughts/opinions:
    - Adult cheetor (as an extension of his BM personality) would be cool.
    - Leave BW Megatron and BW Primal 'dead', bringing back dead characters can get tedius in my opinion
    - Use some of the characters that were on cybertron when BW megatron took it over. Maybe characters from the IDW comics/Japanese show
    - Return of G1 characters, but not too many and maybe reformated to BW size

Hope you consider some of these or they at least spark some ideas.

11. OhSlag!

OhSlag! Well-Known Member

The original 5 Predacons from G1 would be nice and I like spiderus primes idea of 'Rodimus Trion'... maybe Rodimus Magnus?

12. kukuzoo

kukuzoo Member

ooh 2 votes for rodimus "trion".. i like idea of giving him trion as a sort of rank over prime... sort of like an elder rank... im not saying he would have a beast mode, but what kinda of animal best represents rodimus in a way? because the robot modes have a bit of animal characteristics in them.

13. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

i like the idea of the quints coming back after millions of years. something like "darkness prevails" could be a good tagline, or something involving "darkness" as a nod to "five faces of darkness." the story shouldn't hinge on revenge though, some deeper reason for their return would be better I think.

14. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

maybe play with the idea that altho cybertron was once organic, the planet has changed drastically with the influence of introduction of earth beast modes. that the balance primal thought he achieved actually has some negative repercussions. the universe is naturally chaotic, and so the balance can only last temporarily... dig what i'm saying? will try to flesh this out once i get some more sleep.

15. cuad

cuad VOK EMISSARY

News Credits:
    God those are ugly.

16. Optimus Convoy

Optimus Convoy Well-Known Member

Beast Machine should have never existed. Should continue on after G1, Beast Wars, Beast Wars II and Neo.

17. BlueFlame

BlueFlame Well-Known Member

No to this. Beast Machines was awesome and is part of the canon. Leave it in.

I would use some of the ideas from Transtech, which was going to be the next show after BM.

18. Lion

Lion Will bite you!

Ebay:

Thats what I was thinking...sounds a bit like a low budget syfy movie you'd catch about 2am....I like the idea, although I wasnt really a Beast Machines fan...BUT characters that area a must for me

Rattrap
    Cheetor
    Inferno
    Waspinator

as all the normal cast will for sure be included in some form...

19. kukuzoo

kukuzoo Member

Blue Flame.. i agree, as much as it was such a controversial series.. Beast Machines is still apart of the canon, and in order to make our series apart of that official timeline, we have to consider the events of Beast Machines..

Cybertron is a technorganic world now. However we want the quintessons to attempt to re-enslave the planet by deveping a new "vector sigma" like slave-machine that turns the world technological, though the beast organic essence exists, but only in design and not in organic material.

I would like the idea of seeing a much older cheetor (aka. Feral Prime) converse with a holographic "Rodimus Trion." Trion will have cheetor locate the original vector sigma, and he will use it along with a select group of maximals to begin re-population.

How many people would like to join the facebook fan page to discuss it in a dedicated forum?... I will set it up for everyone where they can feel more safe discussing ideas into this development.

We will be going to hasbro in 3 months to garner interest from them, as well as approval. I dont know where to contact Fun Publications, i know they are the official transformers fan based collection company.

20. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Waspinator gets possessed by Starscream again and then upgrades Waspy's body to Transmetal.

Terrorsaur and Scorponok survive.

The Return of Megatron with his character based on Beat wars rather than Machines.

BW Silverbolt, again character based on BW version.

G1 Prowl, Ironhide and Silverbolt in their Magnaboss forms.

I'd like to see Micromaster/Maximal Upgrade Rodimus or the Universe Wreckers version. He should still be relatively young. These characters live for millions of years.

Slag it, just animate the Wreckers/Universe comics and expand on them.

Kill Rattrap!!!