New Transformer Toys a Joke!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by trukkerdaddie, Oct 22, 2006.

1. trukkerdaddie

trukkerdaddie trukkerdaddie

No brown nosing for anyone, I'd like to say what's on my mind and that's this. The Transformer toys they keep coming out with are nothing but a bad joke. They are so cheap looking, they don't hold water in the slitest with the G1 series. Really the Movie Toys look like blobs of crap. Hasbro or whoever should be asshamed of themselves for making every toy series/line worse and worse.

2. drsyn

drsyn Classics Big member

:poke 

So does that include the BT/Alt series?

3. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    OMG FLAMEBAIT!

*kicks noob*

4. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

Really, wow. And all this time I thought Classics was one of the best lines we have had in years, even better than G1.

5. NotoriousBIC

NotoriousBIC Prime Suspect

Sour grapes make bad whine

6. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
  7. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

He makes baby Movie Starscream cry....

8. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

:rolleyes2  :lol 

9. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

It's cool man, nothing wrong with having an opinion. One line can't win them all I guess.

There's a few toys Im not too thrilled about, but the good thing is Hasbro offers alot of variety these days to satisfy our needs.

To be fair to Hasbro though, It would be nice to get an explanation HOW their toys are getting worse so they can get some feedback for improving things, since they do listen.
    Plus they're on cards and are probably the smaller versions of what's to come.
    Would hate to judge the whole line by it's first 2 protoform figures and
    pretty sure there will be many versions of movie Prime to choose from eventually.

10. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

You are entitled to your opinion but don't expect many (including myself) to agree with you. Classics and Alternators are great. And the movie toys are to early to tell.

11. Darkprime

Darkprime Antigrav Singular Destron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not to mention, but Archer stressed at botcon that they were amazed with how the movie toys are turning out. They said they are doing things never thought possible.

12. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    I'd check out Alternators, Binaltech, Binaltech Asterisk line, and the Masterpiece series as a suggestion. If you like the metal, then try Binaltech, Binaltech Asterisk, Titanium, and Masterpiece Convoy/Optimus Prime/Magnus might be right for you.

As far as the regular toys that come out today, there are some winners and some losers just like in the G1 line-up. For instance, Armada/Energon Unicron is generally considered an excellent TF whereas Armada Hot Shot is generally considered a piece of crap from what I've read.

In short, my advice is to look more thoroughly into the toylines. You just might find some real gems as well as lumps of coal.

13. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Frankly, I'm also speechless over the movie toys and I'm pretty lenient with regards to toy designs. However, what Hasbro has been putting up over the years has been decent. There seems to be progessive improvement. Example, from Armada to Cybertron to Classics.

14. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

15. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    While the G1 characters and designs totally kick ass they are not up to the quality of today's figures in terms of articulation. If you were to take G1 Sixshot and put him next to Cybertron Galvatron while Sixshot would still look cool he would look kind of cheap because Galvatron is more detailed and has about 5x the articulation in robot mode.

On top of that they are not built to the same standard in quality. G1 had better plastic and die-cast but the newer figures in general are made to hold up a lot better and many parts are made so that when too much force is put on them they will come off, something that we saw little of in G1.

I think all G1 characters need to get the Classic treatment. No gimmicks, just updated. I'm sure that not many will disagree with you that G1 was the best and most memorable of the series and the reason many of us still collect but they were mostly bricks with little articulation and some of the robot modes suffered greatly from their transformations were vehicle mode seemed more important than the actual robot form.

I do respect your opinion on this matter and as far as the characters I'm sure I agree with you but I just don't see modern figures looking cheaper than G1. Although most every Transformers figures look cheap next to the mighty Fortress Maximus, a figure that we should have had another chance to get during the R.I.D. era.

16. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Oh snap

17. Fretburn

Fretburn We need Instrument TFs

Guys...are you dense? Why humour poeple are just trying to cause a fight. Just ignore them.

18. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Well as much as I LOVE all my G1 figures, your statement simply is not true...The classics are simply amazing toys. Unicron from armada is an Amazing toy, as is his rival, Primus. There are pleny of figures from all the lines that are amazing. Cybertron Soundwave. RID Prime and Magnus, the RID Car Brother.. almost everything Beast Wars You just have to look for them.

G1 will always have that nostalgic charm, however they are aproaching 25 years old and the technology of toy making today is way above and beyone....Just look at Masterpiece Prime and Starscream...Even the Alternators and Binaltech. They are amazing...truely.

19. battlebeasts

battlebeasts Banned

Of course when you pick one of the worst with a highly detailed one. I love all transformers but g1 is my favorite now along with classics.

20. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol  :lol  :lol 
    And here I thought this was another useless "Movie Toys are Crap cuz they're not Geewun' thread. 2 points for you!