New Transformer Movie Real Gears in pack images

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by littleiron, Jan 19, 2007.

1. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    yeah i'll definitely be picking all these guys up for sure. $7 is very reasonable for them as well.

Along with all the other figures.. *sigh* i'm going to be so broke. :( 

2. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    After getting a test shot version of Longview I can't wait to have the rest of the line! Longview is cool and his robot mode looks SWEET!

3. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Their names are both their names as a TF character, and the name of the (fictional) device they are disguised as. Fictionally, other characters would probably call them by just their name (Power Up, Speed Dial) without the numbers, though.

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I'd rather they had a traditional TF name. soundwave wasn't called "walkman 1000"

5. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe the numbers were also added to avoid issues with already trademarked names. Like they did with "Battle Ravage."

6. turk128

turk128 Well-Known Member

*ZING*

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    In Microman they called him Cassetteman, though... :p 

8. jcard2005

jcard2005 Well-Known Member

I find it interesting that the only Decepticon here is just a mobile game system. You would think he would be more of a usefull item like a phone or even the camara. Oh well. :wink: 

I hope they beef up the Decepticon ranks in this "gear" line. Poor little guy is out numbered:inquisiti 

9. REDLINE

News Credits:
    there's already a thread showing a video camera bot for this line that is a decepticon.

10. Soundwave Fan

Soundwave Fan Banned

Soundwave Minions

A massive Soundwave fan, like many of you. Am gutted Soundwave is not in the live-action movie. Was thinking that as the Decepticon's recon officer, these real gear bots would fit into the live-action movie universe as Soundwave's minions. Obviously he couldn't be a tape deck, but something recon related with real gear minions would rock in a movie sequel.

I guess the the live-action movie won't be the transformers we grew up with, life goes on I guess. However, I really hope that the Megatron and StarScream we've been seeing so far is not the real one that appears on screen... the personalities are totally gone. Hot Rod for part 2. Unicron in part 3!

Peace out.

---
    Starscream inferior... Soundwave superior!

11. orionpacks85

orionpacks85 autobot85

Ebay:
    This is what Transformers is all about! Realistic things turning into robots!
    Hasbro if you're listening I WILL be buying multiple copies of these! Now bring on the realistic cars!

12. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Please, no more Hot Rod/Shot/Rodimus/Shotimus, WHATEVER. If they want to go with a more realistic lines for the movies(which they seem to) then the Hot Rod type is out IMO. It makes zero sense to bring the young punk kid with hardly any experience to the battlefield IMO. The charecter type is miserably overused and needs a rest.

13. MTaylor1974

MTaylor1974 a.k.a. Erradicus Prime

Ebay:
    Even though they are so small? Longview was only 2x the size of a zippo.

14. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

I'm gonna be all over these!!! Providing they make it to the UK, I may even partake of a "mint on card" campaign for this range (a first for me). Names don't really bother me... SPEED DIAL seems fine for a minor TF.

One problem is that I'm sorry to see the Decepticons outnumbered once again (as with the "Classics" line)

15. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Huh, given the treatment of some of the other Decepticons, I am surprised you're not THANKFUL that Soundwave's classic appearance won't be slaughtered by the redesigns.

16. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

All I know is that these guys are freakin' sweet. And it looks like there will be more to come. OH YEEEAAAHHH!!!!

17. optimus1

optimus1 Well-Known Member

18. Quickswitch

Quickswitch Assault Warrior

"Micro size with the power to surprise!"

:lol 

I always thought the Micro Change line from years ago was a really cool concept, & these Real Gear transformers are just as cool. Last toyline I remember that had life-size objects that transformed into something else was Mattel's Computer Warriors line from 1989/90.

Those had everyday objects that would transform into vehicles & playsets for the 2" tall figures that piloted them. There was a Pepsi can, a Digital Desk Clock, an "electronic" Pencil Sharpener, a SoccerBall Trophy, a Book, a Flashlight, a Calculator & a Computer.

I think having an alt-mode of a everyday, mundane object is great for spying on humans; military or police may notice cars, but not so much a cell phone or video game system. Sure that means they really can't DO very much ("Quick, transform into in-animate non moveable objects everyone!") in battle, but in a more "sneaky" area, it works great.

As someone had said somewhere else, I hope they make larger Real Gear TF's at some point, or maybe have larger Real Gear TF's that turn into bases or vehicles. Now THAT'D be cool. :thumb 

These I will be buying, hopefully (if there's a wave 2 planned) there'll be more Decepticon Real Gear TF's. Plus we all could use the re-release Soundwave as a "real gear" TF, heh heh. :D 

-Quickswitch

19. REDLINE

News Credits:
    considering this wave here doesn't include the video camera real gear decepticon, Its easy to say there'll be a second wave of these as well as more 'cons.

20. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

They tried, oh how they tried.

Two of the current Decepticons in the film originally started out their lives as Soundwave.

Blackout, the helicopter was the first. But a prescreening of his transformation at botcon turned off most fans to the concept of a helicopter Soundwave. They kept the basic concept and characterer, but just changed his name. Hence why Blackout uses Scorponok in the same fashion Soundwave used his minions.

There was also the original leaked script which cast Soundwave in place of the 4' Frenzy. He was to spy on humans using a 'boombox' alt mode, then run away, see a Hummer, scan it, turn into a giant blob of nanogoo and drive off *as* a Hummer. This was entirely cut out of the film. So they just decided to call Frenzy soundwave, but changed their minds feeling that the small robo spy just didn't fit with the image of the classic Soundwave.

They decided Soundwave was too iconic a character to just shoehorn into the film. When the can decide a decent roll and alt mode for him I'm sure he'll be in the sequals. Though most of the fan consensus on this forum feels he'd be best as a big black communications van, with his minions making up the surveillence equipmemt inside of him.

On topic:

Though these kinds of things aren't something I usually buy, I was never a fan of immobile, real life item alt modes, they are certainly some nice toys. Might grab one or two on impulse, but I doubt I'll get them all. Still, awesome concept and execution.