New Trailer shown?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by nuopus, May 15, 2007.

1. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

I was talking to one of the students at my school who is not a fan of Transformers, but is now a fan of the movie after seeing the new trailer in a movie he watched. I guess it was leaked in select trailers ... and this is what he described:

He said the coolest part about it is that it looked real. He said there was a greyish car moving really fast on the freeway being chased by optimus prime, and that "camaro car" I showed him. He said the the car pops in the air a little bit and corkscrews in the air, transforming into a robot that sprints across jumping over cars and a bridge, and then transforming back into a car moving the same speed he started off going before the transformation. He said it looked cool because it looked real and there was a lot of momentum in his transformation to robot, sprint, then back to car again. He said it looked like the big truck and camaro were chasing him and he wasn't sure if the silver car was a good guy or bad guy but it was cool anyways.

I am thinking the grey car is Jazz being followed at high speed by Optimus and Bumblebee. I showed im a picture of Jazz from that magazine spread and was like ... "was this is?" And he said he is not sure because he was moving so fast, but it looked like it could be Jazz.

I was shocked because this hasn't been posted on here, and he is definitely not a fan of the TF, because in the past he has asked me what I see in those things.

Anyway, any news on this?

2. Scraggin

Scraggin Banned

Your friend is probably lying.

3. Hakudoushi

Hakudoushi Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised if a movie theater decided to play the trailer early. Recent news said it was to start playing w/ spinderman 3 this weekend so perhaps it was put up earlier then expected.

4. Kranix2k

Kranix2k Spare me this mockery!! TFW2005 Supporter

:throw 

Anyway, it kinda sounds like the "friend" has heard thru the grapevine somewhere, and not actually seen the actual footage, from wayyyy back when there was mention - I think in that "leaked script" mayhem - of Prime doing that sort of midair, midchase transformation. It may yet still exist in the movie somewhere but none of the trailers have shown that.

5. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If that really is in the new trailer, I fear I may be watching it at least 50 times on Thursday...

6. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

I just read on the allspark page that some theaters leaked a new trailer with Spiderman 3. That is the movie he said he saw. He is one of those guys that is not remotely interested in TF at all so there is no way he would be reading a script for it.

7. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

Interesting...sounds like there might be some truth to this :) 

nuopus, did your non-fan friend like what he saw?

8. MythofBlackout

MythofBlackout TF Fan Artist

News Credits:
    That sequence doesn't sound long enough to fill up two and a half minutes, which is the reputed length of the trailer. It could be a small part of it or it could be that your friend is so hyped up he told you a little "fictional anecdote." It wouldn't be the first time it's happened regarding a trailer or leaked footage.

9. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    yeah i dont think he would be lying about it, that jsut wouldnt make sense.

10. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Im guessing they will fill up the rest of it with footage we have already seen.

and when is this hitting the internet?

11. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

He said it looked "bad a$$" to put it in his words ... he said he might have to make a point to see the movie after all. Before this, he was more interested in the Simpsons movie and told me TF was going to be a kids movie ... and he doesn't watch kids movies. LOL

Anyway, he said it looked real. I feel like going to the same movie theater and seeing Spiderman just to see it early, even though I have never really wanted to see Spiderman 3. I heard it was stupid because he turns emo. LOL

12. Poho

News Credits:
    that is one of many reasons why i did not like it.

13. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

He didn't describe the entire trailer. He just came into my room to say he saw it. He just described what he thought was the coolest thing about the trailer. Trust me, he is not hyped. He rolls his yes when people mention Transformers and thinks its something only for kids. Before seeing Spiderman 3, he made it a point to bash anything Transformers. Now he is excited to see it.

14. MythofBlackout

MythofBlackout TF Fan Artist

News Credits:
    Thursday, apparently. There hasn't been any news about where on the internet but I imagine we'll all know three seconds after it's up and then spend all day waiting for the damn page to load because whatever server it's on is running at a snail's pace.

Sounds like fun to me :p 

I'll take your word for it. It does sound like a cool sequence so I hope it's in the trailer.

15. Poho

News Credits:
    i did the same thing to my girlfriend. she was always a hater...until i showed her the trailers. she's going with me opening day.

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Sounds like that stupid hummer/gobot thing I saw awhile back.

17. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

If it was anyone else besides the "wanna be ganster mexican" I may have questioned him. People like him don't make crap like this up to fit in with the other white boys in the class if you know what I mean.

18. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

:lol  :lol  The showed the old trailer when I went to see Spiderman 3.

19. Tr4nce

Tr4nce TrancEaddict

News Credits:
    Although I hope those kind of scenes will be in the movie, I strongly feel that they are not going to show any FULL transformation at all in the new trailer, simply because it's a very special moment in movie history. They will save it for the theater release. It's like someone else said on these boards (can't remember his name), they are going to save stuff like this, because it's a special moment, just like the first time you saw a dinosaur in Jurassic Park I.

That's what I think anyway.

20. Poho

News Credits:
    they showed to second trailer when i saw it (as in the first one with actual footage)