New Trailer Recolours: Purple & Clea(r) Versions

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by VE Telus, Oct 3, 2009.

1. VE Telus

VE Telus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Robotkingdom just put up preorders for the BTS trailer -- purple and clean (?!?!) versions. Purple obviously is for Shattered Glass Prime, and by clean, I'm assuming they mean "clear" for Henkei Crystal Convoy.

robotkingdom.com -- Online Toys Company

robotkingdom.com -- Online Toys Company

Edit - Clear version confirmed. It looks rather nice! Not sure if I want to track down another clear Convoy to put in vehicle mode, but the end result seems to be worth it. Also, new arm accessory is highlighted in the photos. Robotkingdom reports that the purple version is limited to 450, while the clear is limited to 350.

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Is that even the right shade of purple?

3. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    Eh.. the purple stripes are kind of lame.

4. ghowildseven

ghowildseven SG Decepticon

I think the trailer purple needs to be more bright to be SG.

5. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Wow. That looks utterly terrible.

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Looks like the trailer on Motormaster.

7. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i still want to see a shattered commander to get made...that would be awesome....

8. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Much rather see the g3 trailer repainted like those.

That being said, BTS has yet to "wow" me. I have hopes though. I think they have a lot of potential!

9. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    fixed :p 

10. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    I'm definitely going to get this. SG Prime is the only version of the mold I own, and I really like the BTS trailer.

11. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ugly.

12. VE Telus

VE Telus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The clear version is definitely something to think about. It's too bad there's no clear and coloured equivalent for G1 Prime. The coloured clear plastics used for Ghost Starscream and Henkei clear Convoy look great against a light source. Now I really want to see the Henkei clear Convoy parked next to this clear trailer.

13. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    BBTS pre-orders up now too. They are doing that same deal where you buy both in one pre-order and get a discount, which is about $10 in this case. Not so sure about the Shattered Glass one though. I don't have any SG figs... yet. And, they would be expensive to start collecting. Hrm.

They also have a pic of the "Clear" version that VE Talus already edited into his post below. I hadn't seen that yet until this morning. That looks really cool! Definitely a different take on the whole "Invisible trailer" that FP did with their's.

Shattered Glass version $84.99: Mobile Command Base with Rollout Drone - Purple Shattered Glass Version - Transformers Classics Accessories at BigBadToyStore

Clear version $84.99: Mobile Command Base with Rollout Drone - Clear Version - Transformers Classics Accessories at BigBadToyStore

Both $159.99: Mobile Command Base with Rollout Drone - Purple Shattered Glass & Clear Version Set - Transformers Classics Accessories at BigBadToyStore

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  14. siniquezu

siniquezu Well-Known Member

15. The Crazy Collector

The Crazy Collector Well, that's just Prime! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Not really feeling the SG trailer but the clear one.... What is it about transparent plastic that's so damn sexy? I've already got the regular BTS trailer, which is kinda meh, but suddenly I want the clear one!

16. Optimus_Khan

Optimus_Khan Well-Known Member

Cool idea but clear plastic normally make for more fragile toys. I might get it for the novelty.

17. lowem

lowem Well-Known Member

Ah, you might've got the "clear poison" like the folks on the Singapore thread like to say :) 

18. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Now I don't know if these can REALLY sell. :sly2: 

I mean, just look at Shattered Glass Optimus Prime & Crystal Convoy to see how expensive these are nowadays.

You telling me they're gonna market the duo only to have collectors buy 'em in the first place then go hunting for both of these Primes next? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: 

I could be wrong saying this but unless one owns these molds to begin with else its a futile attempt best avoided. :rip 

19. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:

If they are going to remold parts a tail hitch for the trailer so you can daisy chain things behind it might have been nice to see.

I hope that the guns that come with the trailers are new colors too - Purple guns for example would be nice to go with characters like CounterPunch and Bugbite.

And the clear guns might look nice with Micron Legend Standard Convoy as indeed the Trailer might too. I'll be interested to see if the guns are transparent or if they are clear blue.

I don't own the E-hobby Clear Convoy - But I'd still buy the clear Trailer (if i can find it for a good price) just for the guns and as i think it might look nice as a display base for clear minicons/Microns and as a trailer for the other Clear Convoys I have from other lines like Micron Legend. You can also think of the clear trailer as Transitional "Phase-mode" just before the Trailer disapears to use with the normal color one.

But I think as a base for clear Microns & Clear Legends toys is quite a fun idea and another alternative use.

20. Prime Aspect

Prime Aspect Visual Synthesis Engineer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd like to see the new arm pieces made available separately as an upgrade for those of us who own the original trailers. It looks like the new variation won't need to be folded over & blocking the cargo area when the trailer is all closed up.