New trailer announcement

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by arun09345, May 16, 2017.

1. shumashoom

shumashoom Well-Known Member

I forgot how awesome this scene was. Thank you

• Like Like x 1
  2. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Just because Bee can put himself together doesnt mean this is an ability that all other Transformers have, look at Waspinator, he always falls apart, he's always blown up and so on, yet he lives, that doesnt mean the other Transformers can be as lucky as Waspinator.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Chris James

Chris James Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know it's suppose to be an international trailer but I really hope the theaters can somehow play this trailer in place of the last one we got because this trailer is a lot better. I'd love to see it on the big screen when I see Pirates and Wonder Woman in the next few weeks.

• Like Like x 2
  4. kylash327

kylash327 ThePlasticGeek

News Credits:
    What's with the parts of Hotrod flying off to the sides when he transforms?

5. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Her belongings.

• Like Like x 1
  6. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer I rise, you fall

News Credits:
    Those are Laura Haddock's belongings, not pieces of Hot Rod.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Why is the announcement thread more active than the actual trailer thread?

• Like Like x 4
  8. Prime135

Prime135 Cyber Planet Key holder for "This Land" TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Look Lord Tron, it's not that these movies are "not without their flaws" it's that they're abjectively bad films. And before you go beating me over the head, I've seen all of them, had a thoroughly good time, and will see the next one. But even I'll admit they are bad (and not in a michael Jackson kind of way). They lack character developement, a clear story, and (until this point) any kind of unified vision for where they're going. The action set pieces while breathtaking to look at, often included gretuitous explosions and shakey camera work. Every movie has at least one "that scene" where something entirely unbefitting of a transformers movie takes place in the name of "humor". There's a reason Star Wars is a smash hit, while US box office returns for the TF series continue to dwindle. Because in Star Wars, they actually make you care about the characters the story is about, there's a fully fleshed out mythos and universe for the characters to do stuff in, there's a unified plot even if it just lasts for a trilogy before the next plot comes along. I'm not saying don't see this movie, as I said before I'll be seeing it as close as possible to opening night, I'm just saying that if enough people are telling you the same thing, maybe it's time to listen instead of beating them over the head with your opinion, especially when they're being calm and rational.

• Like Like x 4
  9. shumashoom

shumashoom Well-Known Member

I didn't even know that there was a thread for the trailer besides this one

10. figsdad

figsdad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sqweeks in the background..

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
  11. The Mad Demobot

The Mad Demobot Well-Known Member

I think this was a better trailer than the 2nd one. Megatron gets a bit more showing, you see the possible action scenes coming and they look promising, Hot Rod's in them instead of trying to hide him, and some funny human banter. I think some elements of Iron Man 1 are showing. They actually call Grimlock by name instead of being a faceless character that was only named for the toys!! It all seems good until the end. Why...

Why is Bee parts-forming?! Is this a thing now? There better be an explanation because that Optimus and Bumblebee fight is looking a lot less incising with nothing at stake.

I like how the previous footage he's the center of attention, but in the recent trailers he gets about .5 seconds tops along with the kid characters.

• Like Like x 3
  12. deathzero23

deathzero23 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Some speculations:
    1.) I'm getting a vibe that Prime and Megatron will work together (of course Megatron needs some sort of convincing)
    2.) Cogman could be the culprit behind Bee's attach-reattach ability. Hence, headmaster tech.

Question:
    A Transformer is usually huge. But why Cogman is human-sized and have a design of a medieval C-3PO?
    Could Cogman existed (a cybetronian scout) wayback in medieval times and woke/discovered up by Sir Edmund himself or his ancestors?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Lord Tron

Lord Tron Well-Known Member

Saying the OT of SW has world building is absurd. We know nothing about the rebellion how they operate how they relate to the universe, or what their life is like under the empire's rule. Compare this to Nest we know how they operate we see how they communicate with the government, and the consequences of their actions. The rebel alliance are more faceless than the decepticons, there's nothing about them. We know nothing about the empire how they handle their rule, why people join them or how they get recruits. The Empire has minimum motivation. The galaxy is very small, there are no exploration of how the galaxy is ran nor is it even shown how people feel. SW doesn't have good world building.

Name a scene where Han and Luke actually have a normal conversation. No mission preparation, no action scenes, just them talking they don't really exist. Scenes of them actually bonding they don't exist. In Empire Luke and Han barely interact. I don't feel Like and Han's friendship is real, they never just talk, they never really have arguments or disagreements. If you remove the scene of Han, Luke and Leia after Han rescues him then Luke and Han have no interaction even more so that scene is more Han and Leia. Sam and Bumblebee do have normal conversations they do have disagreements their relationship is strained at times. Leia's planet is blown up and it has no effect on her character no emotional effect. Luke's family is murdered and we barely dwell on it. Han being frozen barely effects Luke and once freed it doesn't have any long term effect on him. Sentinel betrays optimus and we dwell on the effects of it. Optimus dies we explore how it effects Sam. The Autobots being murdered deeply effects optimus and his team.

You say you need a reason to care about the characters, well why should I care if nothing truly emotionally effects them most of the time. Why should I care about a relationship without actual struggle, why should I care about the galaxy when I know nothing about it or the rebellion? How does TFS have bad character when things like Sam and Bumblebee are more developed than Luke and Han, when optimus has deeper and more emotional struggle than anyone. When the world is better explored when it actually explores the consequences of events and how it effects the characters? TF does this better than SW did.

14. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Lighter of Darkest Hours

News Credits:
    Do mean objectively bad? If so, by what objective standard do you measure the "badness" of a film? Pretentious movie snobs keep saying they are objectively bad, I want one of them to prove it.

• Like Like x 2
  15. electronic456

electronic456 擎天柱

News Credits:
    The Rebel Alliance was formed following the dissolution of the Old Republic. Even Tarkin at point during the 'I find your lack of faith disturbing' scene mentions it. Hell Obi Wan summed it up to Luke about bits of the past... Like the Clone Wars and his friendship with Anakin. The Empire is totalitarian government who want absolute control over the galaxy in their interest. Like wouldn't an opposition be formed if a government is doing disservice to the galaxy?

The reason why Luke and Han don't interact much in ESB is due to priorities. Luke needed to complete his Jedi training while Han of course is sticking with the Alliance which progresses to him meeting up with Lando after an attack from the Empire. Of course, eventually Luke feels the need to see them because he sensed their danger and in doing so, does not complete his training. You see that Han gets captured anyway and Luke is shaken by the revelation upon meeting Vader which leads up to his attempt in completing his Jedi training before confronting him again. And that leaves our heroes in a hopeless yet optimistic state which makes me look forward to the next movie. Lets not forget, ESB got mixed reviews when it was released at first before re-examination.

After ROTJ and years later when George Lucas decided to do TPM, wasn't there a time when a lot of people were looking forward to seeing how Anakin becomes Vader? That shows how much curiosity is built from the OT.

And all those other moments.... Leia seeing her planet destroyed, you see the look of devastation which by the way what about Ironhide's death? Are we sure Optimus is sad when he returns because of that?

I see your reasoning out of that wall of text but ultimately my previous statements is just how I feel regardless....

• Like Like x 1
  16. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Lighter of Darkest Hours

News Credits:
    Why should we care what random youtube commenters think?

• Like Like x 6
  17. Nephilim

Nephilim Well-Known Member

I don't know, I guess I just care too much on what people think of Transformers.

18. Galvatross

Galvatross Make it Mac Tonight! Veteran

I definitely do not. The vast majority of Youtube comments I personally see are uninformed or knee-jerk or vitriolic or a combination thereof. Most of the Youtube commentators are more worried about nostalgia for their favorite version of Transformers or even earlier versions of the live action movies than they are for understanding the current movies for what they are. That or they are simply jumping on hate bandwagons because it's the popular thing to do on many corners of the internet. There are definitely valid criticisms of the movies, but the majority of negative comments I see are from people that clearly don't understand the movies or the history of the brand.

Either way, that was an awesome trailer!

• Like Like x 3
  19. Lord Tron

Lord Tron Well-Known Member

I can accept that, it's your choice but I'm going to try to express why I feel this way about the movies regardless especially if I feel people are missing stuff, though I admit I don't always say the right thing, I'm sorry about that I'll try to avoid that in the future there are better ways to state something, and I'll try to use those better ways in the future.

20. Prime135

Prime135 Cyber Planet Key holder for "This Land" TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Knew I missed a typo somewhere (note to self, fire spellcheck).

To quote my philosophy teacher "a thing can be considered objectively bad when it lacks the goodmaking properties of an instance of that particular kind of thing". For example a lion that lacks the ability to catch prey, eats grass, cannot reproduce, squeaks like a mouse, and has no hair is an objectively bad lion. A human that goes around killing other humans for no reason (IE not mental health related, religiously motivated, etc), refuses to do anything except sit on the couch when he's not shooting people, and won't drink anything but milkshakes is an objectively bad human. To extend the analogy to point of discussion, an objectively bad movie is a movie which lacks such features as a cohesive plot, character developement, a clear vision for the future, easily followed and well choreographed action scenes.

Now of corse, in the case of organisms, especially sentient ones, there are exceptions. However, with something inanimate like a movie, it can be considered objectively good or bad when looked at with no emotional attachment through the definition of the thing that we call a movie.

The "film snobs" of the world (aka critics) did what they do, and make the money they make for a reason, because through education and hard work, they have been deemed the experts on what makes a "good movie". And by the definition of "movie", as laid forth by the ones who's education and pay have indicated as the "experts" in this particular field, transformers and its sequels up to this point are "bad movies". You want more than that, go take university ethics.

Now of course that's not to say you can't like these movies, I'm not attacking your tastes, your beliefs, or anything about you. Seriousely these are some of my favorite movies in existence. I'm just saying that they aren't good. YOU CAN LIKE SOMETHING THATS NOT GOOD.