New trailer announcement

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by arun09345, May 16, 2017.

1. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

Ok I'm gonna go with you guys, looks like a horn on the arm, but yes it probably is primes shoulder guard. After all it looked a bit out of place in the prime chained up scene, so that could explain it. My logic was that primes not the only one with the batman ears thing, sentinel had them so one of the other knights of primes, may have had them.....plus I'm still expecting this big bad surprise villain that they said would only be revealed by watching the movie.

• Like Like x 1
  2. GirlBot

GirlBot Mini-Cassette

News Credits:
    Yes, I did notice it, too :) 

The trailer was kind of refreshing, both funny and action packed without all that pathos. Come to think of it, none of the trailers felt that grim and dark. It's still the end of the world scenario, but somehow it doesn't seem as serious as in the previous movies. I think it's also noteworthy that it seems that we don't have mobs of enemies in this one. So far it's been six Infernicons and a few knights, but that's a countable amount. Plus while action sequnces are still fast paced, the shots fit whole Transformers. I had no trouble telling what was goingon in Optimus and Bumblebee fight. Grimlock's fight while blink and miss was also readable.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nephilim

Nephilim Well-Known Member

Hell yeah we do! :rock 

4. Lord Tron

Lord Tron Well-Known Member

No you don't if you aren't going to acknowledge anything in the actual stories if a few humor scenes you don't like will make you ignore everything else then no you don't. If the fans preferred TF movie is one where the villain has no motive, no backstory, no reason for why the ancient artifact can hurt him or where the artifact came from. Where the quintessons are in it just because same with the junkions both sections that when combined equals about the third of the movie. Where the hero barely has an arc and just fights Galvatron in the end without any set up, no you don't.

You don't notice anything about the movies and just ignore everything and state things regardless if the facts are accurate so it matches your view. If a fanbase won't notice actual flaws like your hero actually having a character arc or entire plot points that compromise a third of the movie being irrelevant, or your villain having no motive or backstory. If none of this matters so long as you distract them with robot scenes relevant or not then no that fandom does not deserve better in fact if none of that matters how can a writer give them better?

Last edited: May 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  5. st.ranger

st.ranger Emperor of Destruction

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I noticed him only in this trailer and I guess he will not be killed like Lucas.

I do not care, for me, it is another useless human character.

6. RodimusZero

RodimusZero Steezin fo no Reason

News Credits:
    Feel like 99% sure that that hammer Bee has is the forge of Solus Prime. Looks too similar not to be.

The writing feels much better than before, just from a few short quips, so thank you so much art marcum and matt holloway! (finally no more Kruger... ugh.)

As long as they maybe finally explain more than like 10% of what goes on in this movie, I actually think there's a chance it could be good! :thumb 
    That's the first positive thing I've said about these films in 10 years!! Of course, as everyone's said, if the new Bumblebee dismemberment trick and
    such get no explanations, then f*** this sh*t as always... sigh. :thumbdown 

As a side note, I love how there's a few people expecting that the various knights and such could be characters we know just based off their horns and such... :lol 
    10 years out, and people are still hoping we'll get TF's we can recognize that easily... my money says they'll get called something like Tailpipemuncher™ or Hornyguy™...

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lord Tron

Yeah that's acknowledging strong story and character one thing that isn't all that relevant and is easily explainable on your own isn't explained equals it's crap. Who cares if the character arcs are actually good, or if the themes properly explored, no all that matters is explaining Bumblebee's new ability, that will make a stronger character arc, that will make a powerful story with meaningful events. Seriously people focus on more important things.

More than 10 percent what movies are you watching? The movies stories are explained you just have to pay attention that shouldn't be a flaw, KSI is explained, Megatron's plan is explained, Galvatron's creation and the KSI bots are explained. Cemetery wind is explained. The idea that the government doesn't know the Autobots are being hunted is explained in scenes people regard as useless because they weren't paying attention. The dinosaur extinction how it relates to the plot explained in detail.

The only things not explained were The creators how they tie to the Allspark, the knights and why they wanted Prime. They weren't meant to make sense it's called a sequel hook it was meant to be confusing, which is why TLK exists. Even when Bay flat out says yeah not everything will be explained people still expect it. AOE and DOTM even ROTF explained their plot, pay the hell attention this shouldn't be too much for any franchise to ask, so why is it too much for TFS to ask people to pay attention so they understand the story and won't be confused?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    You need to stop going after people just because their opinion differs from yours.

You make it sound like it'll take all 3 hours to explain Bumblebee's gimmick. If they manage to explain at all, it will take less than 5 minutes to provide background details. Providing credibility behind his ability would indeed help his character.

They still haven't explained why there were numerous Constructicon clones walking around in the Egypt battle, or how Bumblebee gained the ability to speak and lost it, or why does Megatron keep changing his galactic domination plan, or why can only a Prime defeat the Fallen (especially how easy he went down). Sure, we can make assumptions, but it would be better to have an actual explanation.

I like the movies but they are most definitely not flawless—there's no point in proving it otherwise.

• Like Like x 7
  9. GoldenKnight1212

GoldenKnight1212 Well-Known Member

Wow if Hound is really going to be killed by Megatron because of Hot Rod, that would be a great homage to the 1986 Movie.

RIP Hound ;(

• Like Like x 1
  10. GoldenKnight1212

Well said. I grew up watching G1 as a kid and loved TF1, TF2 and TF3. The only one I don't like is TF4, but I'm giving TF5 a chance because it seems like it will be connected with the first trilogy (which you know... Is really important and literally the foundations for future Movies), it has some returning characters from the first trilogy (or at least similar characters), plot devices that remind me of the first trilogy such as Optimus Prime bringing Cybertron to Earth of reminiscent of Sentinel Prime bringing Cybertron to Earth, and it's also removed characters from TF4 that I hated such as Tessa and Shane.

Considering that I only hated 1 out of 4 Bayformers Movies, that's not enough to make me boycott TF5 and bash on these Movies.

11. Nephilim

Nephilim Well-Known Member

IMO (dont kill me) ALL of those are important, not just the story! If they made an absolutely amaaazing story but had alot of small things that didn't made sense or never properly explained in the movie of course I'd complain!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lord Tron

I'm not saying they're flawless I would love more clarification regarding only optimus can defeat the fallen. Megatron's plan though no I don't need clarification the details are enough. The Allspark plan makes no sense, there's no technology to transform in that time period, it can't be his end goal. He thought Sentinel was dead, and he was shot down before the Allspark was lost. The Allspark was useless when Megatron crashed so there had to be another reason, ROTF the matrix and the harvester. Megatron even says I have failed you on Earth. I don't need anything else the matrix and the harvester were his original goal, he struck a deal with Sentinel to use the Space bridge when it became clear Cybertron was dying, Sentinel is shot down, Megatron goes for the Allspark to complete his original intentions, it fails he discovers Sentinel is alive puts that plan back in motion as a last resort. That's enough for me the timeline supports it.

I want the creators and knights explained how the history ties but I don't care about Bee's new ability, a line or two sure, but actual exposition explaining something that isn't important to the plot is not good pacing, same with Galvatron. A line acknowledging his new look is sufficient. He likely did it a while ago so it's not something Megatron is just going to talk about that doesn't make sense, it's not a proper conversation. Explaining something needs to feel proper, the exposition needs to make sense and fit who is saying it or it's poorly placed. Explaining the creators and knights didn't make sense who knows the connections and if Lockdown did him explaining it certainly doesn't fit him.

I don't have a problem with different opinions I have a problem with the detractors refusing to pay attention then acting like nothing was explained. I have a problem with people ignoring full on facts to support their perspective, such as the seekers. Anyone who remembers Revenge knows the history in TLK makes sense, that all the connections to human history are inevitable. I have had to explain this repeatedly and still people ignore it. I like that the writers and directors trust that I can determine some of this myself, it adds re-watch value piecing together certain things and studying the dialogue and scenes closely to find new discoveries I can't do that if the movies just explain everything.

13. Miyako Hakubi

Miyako Hakubi Well-Known Member

Uhm sorry but what the heck is this ****???? The first fours always have been about epic hype. From the third one they went with the dark, gritty, serious tones which was a trend set by The Dark Knight. But Avengers? That movie & the universe it belong to are completely opposite. Even a kid can see it clearly. So how the heck Transformers tried to be more Avengers??? You are just talking nonsense for the sake of bringing negative to this franchise. Seriously, am I living in the world full of people who are brainwashed by Marvel??? Give me a break please!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Lord Tron

Something not making sense and being under explained are not the same thing. Some explanations work better visually. Bumblebee is in a battle he's about to take damage his body breaks apart at each joint before reattaching at each one. This sends a very clear image that what bee did was a defense tactic and it only works if it's from each joint, if the parts are damaged it doesn't work. Most things can be fairly easily pieced together so an explanation isn't necessary. With the creators it's necessary since that's one of the reasons optimus tracked them, but this isn't it's not important it involves nothing and an explanation isn't hard to deduce.

Do you really want a movie to assume it's audience can't piece together anything by ourselves, after AOE how hard is it deduce Megatron used the knightship to upgrade himself, why would he explicitly say this it makes no sense he likely changed himself years ago why bring it up now, there's no reason except to tell the audience, if the only reason for exposition is to tell the audience something and no one else in the story it's poor exposition. An explanation needs to fit it needs to feel like it fits a conversation and isn't just there to tell us everything. Simmons explaining the seekers makes sense Sam and mikela don't know this.

An explanation can't just be for us therefore we need to connect a few dots ourself Galvatron to Megatron are likely one of those dots, since Megatron explaining doesn't make a whole lot of sense, his decepticons likely know this and I'm guessing the Autobots don't care and won't be asking. Not everything should be verbally explained visual cues exist for a reason.

15. GoldenKnight1212

I think you make very good points and agree on pretty much everything you've said. However, there's one thing I want to comment on:

Thank you! OMG I've been trying to tell people this before but most people in general (not just a reference to TFW2005 members) won't remember, here was my post:

I've noticed that people (not neccassarily people here but around the Internet) are complaining about the way this Movie advertises the sub plot that there some sort of deep history between the Transformers and Humanity by suggesting the Transformers have been on Earth for a very long time - which according to them - it doesn't make any sense. This is wrong. Why? It has been established in TF2: ROTF that the Transformers have been on Earth for a very long time at the opening scene and by Seymour Simmons, so here's a reminder to those who don't remember much about TF2 such as the opening scene from 0:14:

As you can tell, the opening of TF2 shows the Egyptian hunters meeting the original 7 Primes that are building the Sun Harvester at the 17,000 B.C. 17,000 B.C. is nearly 20,000 years from present day in the Bay verse, so the possibility of lots the Transformers activity happening on Earth is definitely plausible, even if they look like the Transformers we might see in the flash backs in this Movie which will probably look nothing like the original Primes, they don't necessarily need to look like the Primes.

In addition to that, in TF2 Seymour Simmons (a former Sector 7 Agent who knows a lot about the history between Humanity and the Transformers) has directly said that the Transformers have been on Earth for a long time:

So yeah, the Transformers have obviously been on Earth for an extremely long time, so if TLK shows the Humanity has deep history with the Transformers, it's nothing new because ROTF has already established this. All what TLK is trying to do is expand upon it.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Negronicus

Negronicus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    @Prime135 you could have Ernest fucking Hemingway write this movie, and Michael Bay would still find a way to make it stupid

17. Blot

Blot The most disgusting of all Transformers.

News Credits:
    When I showed my wife the "secret history" trailer, she asked why they were making it seem like some big revelation that the TFs were always here, since the other movies already told us that. That's coming from a more casual viewer.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Angry Camaro

Angry Camaro Human Alliance

News Credits:
    I only spot the difference in the left image having the black "stripe" above the grill and the right having none. That "stripe" doesn't make sense anyways since his hood is all black and nothing comes up onto the front fascia. Also if you want to be technical, Bee still has his gill thighs yet the current Camaro has NO gills. Another user pointed out that he still has his DOTM spoiler on his rear too and not his current one. Also, his doors in robot mode look terrible!! They barely retain the shame shape as the real car. Compare his door wings this time to DOTM and you'll see what I'm saying. LASTLY, his door wings inside door panels are from the last gen Camaro too! Not the current one! :eek: 

I don't follow. They had his car done for a long time. It was the one posted first online and first of the leaked on set photos per usual. He's always shown first.

Tucchi is Merlin. Case closed. :cool: 

19. shumashoom

shumashoom Well-Known Member

I forgot how awesome this scene was. Thank you

• Like Like x 1
  20. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Just because Bee can put himself together doesnt mean this is an ability that all other Transformers have, look at Waspinator, he always falls apart, he's always blown up and so on, yet he lives, that doesnt mean the other Transformers can be as lucky as Waspinator.

• Like Like x 1