Heavy/Scratch: New TR Galvatron Head Design

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by THEOrize2000, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    What your ETA here? Mainly I ask because our Customs forums here is a showcase of physical work while renders such as these would go in Fan Art.

2. THEOrize2000

THEOrize2000 Well-Known Member

I also had my Aunt in San Diego 3D print an early version of my head and it should arrive via my Grandpa maybe later today. Note these pics will not represent the actual finished product.

3. THEOrize2000

Thank you. My dad works so hard for my family to help follow my dreams. But as times have always been hard for me, I will work hard so it is not in the future.

4. Automaster

Automaster Eye Heart TF's!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just ordered the alternate mouth Galvatron. I'll post pics of mine once I acquire my own Galvatron as well.

5. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Yeah, just update your thread here asap with photos of your finished work. As said, Customs is our forum for showcasing physical projects; Fan Art is where renders (such as what you've shared) are showcased.

Also, don't forget the Shapeways thread in Creative General Discussion. Feel free to post a link to your Shapeways store there.

6. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:
    According to my order page on Shapeways, the expected arrival date is August 25. I have had things arrive much sooner, and I have had things arrive much later.

7. batfan007

batfan007 Dononomics 101 Graduate 2017

News Credits:
    It's a bit of a binary "this" or "that" at the moment where anything in between is forced into those two threads.

Perhaps the sticky could be updated to SPECIFICALLY say that customs is ONLY for finished projects if that is the intention.

There are other projects that are clearly not "art" (such as this one) nor are they finished - and it doesn't belong in either of the existing threads in my opinion.
    The point of user accessibility and sharing is to be able to share and find things easily, not to be so obsessed with nitpicking and "rules" as to stop people posting cool ideas and projects like this one.

Like if I go the local library to donate a book and they say, sorry mate we don't have a classification for that one, we only have two sections, so it's not allowed.

It's all bit backwards really.
    Perhaps the forum could use a more general thread where people can post things like this, without having it forced into a category where it does not belong.

While FAQ's are useful, if someone also has a custom project that want to make, but have not yet made and want advice they are kind of forced into stalking existing customizers with random bothersome questions, or posting in the art thread, which is really not relevant.

It would be good if the community part of people posting stuff that does not fit into these two very limiting categories could win out over the very compulsive nerd behavior to force things into threads where they don't belong.
    A good community grows and embraces change and new ideas. Bad ones hold on to old ideas and stubbornly refuse any sort of changes.

8. THEOrize2000

I forgot to post these pictures, but this is from when my aunt printed one of the early versions of my head for me. It still needs heavy refining and will probably be hollowed out for a ball joint. This does not represent how the Shapeways version will print.

Attached Files:

9. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Generally, Creative General Discussion would be the forum for that sort of thing. Typically, when someone has a render only to share, it goes in Fan Art. For physical customs, we have Customs here.

We don't really have what would warrant the need for a Shapeways subforum. We do have a few threads in Creative General Discussion for Shapeways.

As for me specifically, I've simply charged to work with what we have. The reasoning for these categories is that often time artists post intentions of work that don't end up seeing the light of the finished project. This forum and Fan Art function as "showcase" forums, both necessitating some production work of their native mediums.

As such, until some changes are made, we've simply got to function with what we have. Only administrators have the privileges of creating new forums, etc. Feel free to contact administration with your ideas for changes. Keep in mind that ALL of our Creative forums used to be much smaller; we've adapted forums based on user needs, etc.

I hope that helps.

10. Turakonin Prime

Turakonin Prime Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hope what we would get doesn't look so string-cheesy

11. THEOrize2000

It most definitely will not as I have seen finished shapeways products. My aunt's printer at her job seems to be only meant for flat designs or that of a larger build.

12. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:
    Just got it today, like ten minutes ago. Here's what it looks like fresh outta the box and in WSF unpolished. I have to head to work, but when I get home tonight I will start working on it. Thanks Theorize! This looks amazing!

Attached Files:

13. Tresob

Tresob Well-Known Member

That looks great!

14. THEOrize2000

Wow! No prob. Can't wait to see it finished. Seems it translated even better than I had hoped.

15. Automaster

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I ordered THEOrize2000's Galvatron Alternate Mouth in WSF Polished and it arrived yesterday. I took some pics with my Sentinel Prime, currently the only Titans Return figure I own. I shaved a tiny portion off of the connector piece on the Galvatron so it would fit in the neck connector piece. I had a hard time making out Galvy's eyes in this print, so that could be problematic for painting. Some of the ridges around the curves still show, but some gentle sandpaper could help reduce those.

Here are the sample pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Looking good...

17. THEOrize2000

Yeah sorry about the connector part but I currently do not own any Titans Return figures so it was hard to measure. I don't know how to fix the eyes but I hope you figure it out. Can't wait till it gets painted. Also it looks surprisingly awesome on Sentinel Prime.

Edit: Also nice yellow panel lining it brings the figures details out a lot.

18. Automaster

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't be sorry, it's amazingly close. I just had to shave a tiny portion off with an exacto knife. Turakonin Prime inspired me with his yellow panel lining. I got the idea from him. I like it too.

19. batfan007

batfan007 Dononomics 101 Graduate 2017

News Credits:
    What did you use to add the highlights to Sentinel?

20. Automaster

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't want to highjack Theo's thread. I'll post one for SP soon.