New toys missing bits?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ScoobyGoo, Feb 25, 2011.

1. ScoobyGoo

ScoobyGoo Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I just got back from TRU with Perceptor and 3 Wreck Gars (both awesome btw).
    Upon opening the 3rd Wreck Gar I realised that the axe was nowhere to be seen!

I was in the middle of transforming him when I noticed, I didn't see or feel it pop off anywhere, wasn't anywhere in the bubble either. What with how much of a PITA to get to TRU and back, I'm quite miffed!

Being lazy and not a driver I'm hating the thought of making my way back there, and as I plan on getting a few more versions of this mould anything I can do to make them a bit more unique is good, so I'll just bash up a replacement weapon for him I think.

It made me wonder though, has anyone else suffered the same fate?

2. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    The last toy I bought missing weapons was Animated Leader Megatron. Since it was one of the rotor/swords, there was no way it could look good in helicopter mode so I had to exchange it.

3. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's bad enough that there are factory errors such as those mentioned, but then you have customers returning figures without their accessories. There's a Drift hanging on the pegs at my Wal-Mart that has all three swords missing and the bubble was ripped off without care, then they stapled it and taped it back on and returned it and Wal-Mart accepted it.

And there's no way it's going to sell, and the department associate must have more brains in his/her head than that.

At least...I hope.

4. davehammer

davehammer Well-Known Member

My MP03 Ghost Starscream was missing a nullray gun, lucky the seller was kind enough to give me replacement. That proves this can even happen at a masterpiece level figure.

5. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    My friend opened his Wreck-Gar a few days ago and was missing the axe as well. Maybe the same factory guy (mis)assembled both your figures.

As for myself, a few times I've had wheels missing. TFA Starscream was missing thumbs and head.

6. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

The ax on Wreck-Gar is part of his wheel and I think the exhaust on the motorcycle.
    If you snap off the wheels outer rim piece, it should be the ax.
    I was playing with my friends Wreck-Gar and discovered that. Or are you guy's saying that the wheel didn't even have the rim piece?

7. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    In the case of my friend it was the entire axe: exhaust pipe and the inner wheel blades and c clip.

8. mirage6530

mirage6530 Well-Known Member

I got a rid 2-pack yrs ago of hubcap and skystalker.I decided to opens them like a year later only to find hubcap headless lol,so i had no choice but to make him a new one lol

9. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, this has happened a few times to me.

As a kid, my Horribull didn't have a headmaster right out of the package

During the RID Era, sideburn didn't come with his silver gun

and thats all I can remember

10. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    When the PCCs first came out, the missile-tank on my Bombshock was missing one of its treads (which is what the whole drone is pinned together with). From the front of the combined mode, you wouldnt even notice it, and I stopped using that drone when I gave Bombshock the duplicates from the Protectobots set. Didn't bother me too much despite how vital it was to the drone

When I bought the Legends Devastator, Scavenger was missing his head. This kinda bothered me, but you can't see it in combined mode, so I got over it.

When I bought Tomahawk, his visor was missing. Despite being a less vital piece than the above 2 examples, it bothered me the most because it's very visible in bot mode. I bought it from HTS, and I never returned it cos I heard they have a habit of not sending back the same figure, and I didnt want to waste time and money shipping it for that to happen. I'm still looking for a replacement visor :p 

11. grune7

grune7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My RTS Scvource from HTS had the handle dor the gun broke off and missing. Luckily I want to get some more for sweeps and it wouldn't look right all of them using a gun that looks like Fracas.

12. Sideways77

Sideways77 some garbage is okay

News Credits:
    My Fallback came with 1 pistol.

13. Scorpion

Scorpion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I had the exact same thing happen with legends Devastator. I returned it because it had only been 3 days and they had plenty of them....but when I got back to the toys there were none....

14. xion14

xion14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I had an Animated optimus missing the plug for his Water Gun Latley.

15. ScoobyGoo

I can actually help with this 1, I have 2 spare as my fallback was sacrificed to the Dark Lord Radicon in exchange for legs, waist and neck articulation on a G1 Topspin (with another fallback put aside for twintwist). Pm me an address and it's yours if you want it.

16. mazinger_c

mazinger_c Headphone Master

The Classics Jetfire I bought from Toys R Us had a missing/broken laser canon on the helmet that goes over his head. Didn't see that until I opened him. I figured I would find a small piece similar in size I could use to glue in as a replacement but never got around to it. Most recent was Energon Terradive I got off Amazon Marketplace. It's MOC but missing the canopy for the plane mode which irked me a little. The seller failed to mention that. I'm not overly upset because I got him to display in combined mode as part of Energon Superion Maximus w/the Fansproject add-on.

17. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    The axe thing is pretty common by the looks of it, we've had to replace about 10 so far.

18. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

My purple Animated Shockwave is missing a finger on one hand :redface2: 

19. ScoobyGoo

Seems like someone at the factory is needing a spank! Does this mean you have a load of axeless Junkions kicking about then or do Hasbro take them back?

20. ScoobyGoo

The entire thing is missing, I have 2 that are perfectly fine so its not that I couldn't find it, oh well!