New toy gimmicks?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Rayzilla Prime, May 27, 2008.

1. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

This may not be the right board, but I couldn't decide. Move it to Toy Discussion if necessary.

I just thought of something for the toy line - they've got Bethlehem Steel thrown into the set for TF2 - it may not play the part of being a steel manufacturer for the film, but if it did, the Decepticons could capture and use it for making extra battle armor/weapons. I'm more or less speaking from the toy perspective. They'd be something like "Deluxe Class Upgrade Battles" or something like that. Since everyone's wondering about what they'll do with the toys.

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Sounds like an interesting idea, but not something I can see Hasbro doing unless they were basically the regular toy + the armour sold together, instead of being sold seperatley. Accesory packs really aren't there thing. I'm still kinda surprised that we're going to get Animated Prowl's armour (though it basically is an accesory packed in with the Prowl figure) Personally, I'm hoping that they continue with the automorph gimmicks, just make some better ones.

3. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

I was actually describing a line-up, like the "Fast Action Battlers" or "Cyber Slammahs", for example. About in the range of FAB's - Level 1 or 2 transformations and include snap-on armor. The regular Deluxes, Voyagers, and Leaders wouldn't have this gimmick.

I guess I didn't get specific enough. (*Prime voice: "Oops...sorry, my bad.")

And yes, long live Automorph Technology!

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Ah, ok. I thought you were talking about accessory packs that would be meant for the Deluxe class figures. Now that I know what you meant, it kinda reminds me of the Optimus Prime and Bumblebee figures that Takara released for the movie line, but basically a figure with armor that can be attached and removed, instead of a skeleton with different skins to go over-top it. For your idea, it would be kinda interesting to have different "battle damage" spots under the armor.