New to you!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MegaMoonMan, Apr 7, 2007.

1. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    What old molds have you just recently gotten that just kick your ass as to how cool they are?

Personally, I just bought a BM Tankor, and I think he's great. I always passed on him when I saw him in the store, but I got interested when I saw a pic of him recently. A quick trip to eBay and $12 later, and he's mine. His robot mode is badass, and the little moving "cylon eye" gimmick really makes him for me.

How about you?

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I bought Micron legend Shockwave (Tidalwave) a few years after everyone else and was in awe of his awesomeness.

3. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

For me the creme of the crop is my magmatron. i love everything about the guy, plus the three dinos for an alt from instead of just turning into one creature is awesome. plus he has three spark crystals and great detail

4. Methusalen

Methusalen Not good enough for G1!

News Credits:
    Well, I didn't pass on him the first time around, 'cuz I didn't get the CHANCE to... but I recently picked up a G1 Jetfire... I loved him so much so, that my opinion of the 1/60 Yamato figure I owned dropped so much, that I sold it on EBAY!

Now I'm on the lookout for some of the Bandai 1/55 scale figs (to match my Jetfire!)

5. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    G1 Sixshot. Never had him as a kid, nor did I ever have any desire to get him. The Takara reissue came and went without me batting an eye. It wasn't until a friend of mine got a big box of old TFs from a couple at church who's son didn't want them anymore that my mind changed. These toys were practically mint and he only paid $50 for the whole box. He gave me pretty much everything he already had. Besides the Metroplex and Omega Supreme ( 100% complete ), I got a Sixshot. I went online to get the instructions for all 6 modes. I could've figured them out if I'd known what they all were, but I didn't. After transforming him into all his modes, I came to the conclusion that he was all kinds of awesome.

6. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ohh yeah G1 Sixshot is another good one I never touched until a few years ago.

7. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, that's one that's been on my short-to-medium list for a while. I stumbled across an MISB reissue a couple weeks ago on eBay with about 2 minutes left. For some reason, my bid didn't take, and some other schmoe got him for $40 + shipping! :cry 

As for things I actually have, within the past few weeks, I've gotten TFU Soundwave & Space Case, and G1 Snapdragon & Sandstorm.

Soundwave is cool, but Space Case is great! (Thanks, Laser_Optimus!) I've got a couple versions of each of the other two Cyberjet molds, but didn't have this one yet. He doesn't have that dumb missile-on-top-of-the-fuselage thing that the other two have, and his head sculpt is much better, too. Plus, his TFU paint job is great. In addition, both his and Soundwave's colors make them a great match for TFCC Astrotrain, so they joined his crew:

[​IMG]

Sandstorm has been on my short list for ages, and I was finally able to snag one in good condition for a good price. (Thanks, mblase!) He's every bit as awesome as I've been suspecting. For my money, he's the best standard Triple Changer they made.

I've been after Apeface and -- to a somewhat lesser extent -- Snapdragon for a while. (Apeface has always looked better in pictures to me, but both seemed cool. Triple Changer + Headmaster + beast = how can you go wrong?) Well, I recently got a Snapdragon in very tasty condition. (Thanks, Liokaiser!) Pictures I've seen in the past just haven't done this guy justice -- especially beast mode! He's a bit bigger than I was expecting, has great colors, and is probably among the most articulated G1 figures ever made. Apeface is going to have to work pretty hard to impress me as much once I get him.

Great thread idea, M^3!

8. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Headmasters. Only got my first ones about 6 months ago and I freaking love them. Shame they're so damn expensive (well, the heads are).

9. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I remember when I first got RID Railracer just last year for my Birthday... I was floored by how great of a combiner he is. I wish we could get more that was so poseable and proportioned.

10. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    dude, all the G1 stuff! :)  I never had any of it when I was a kid, getting them now was really awesome. Especially the 84 and 85 stuff

but man, there is still SO many I have never held in my hands

like G1 Shockwave, the Dinobots, Most of the combiners (never seen any of computron, abominus, defensor, nor piranacon.. havn't had most of the G1 cars, I've never even SEEN a sunstreaker in person before, who else... never experiened most of the mini bots, none of the cassettes beside an old busted ravage.. the 4 insecticons that were never in the show, never even seen any of the 1986 triple changers, just pictures online.. never seen cyclonus or scourge, nor fort max, nor most of the head/target masters, nor ANY of the pretenders, neither of the two six-changers, and I've never seen any japanese G1 stuff in person.

11. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    BM Blackarachnia. A really good looking spider mode, and the most shapely fembot to date.

12. Solscud007

Solscud007 Banned

News Credits:
    Armada Overload. Aka Ultra Magnus. I used to see him in the stores and think "wow that looks stupid, it is a micromachine hauling this big ass trailer." but years later I bought the energon UM version and now love the mold. Just need the crystal red, green, and sentinel Prime version.

13. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

TM Crosshairs

Just a really fun figure.

14. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    big black convoy. never even held a big convoy mold in my hands till a couple of days ago, I think this is the best tf to come out .....ever.

15. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop! TFW2005 Supporter

Universe Blastcharge, until I say him in those colors I passed. Now he make a nice addition to my Vehicons.

16. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I havent bought any older figures in a while (I got the Primal/Megatron boxset last year, and Megatron quickly became one of my favorite characters. The overall shape and details combined with that new head and GREAT colors make him just rule) but when Universe came out, I was up to my eyeballs in figures I had been interested in but never owned. Tankor was one of the highest ones on my wantlist, but there was also Depth Charge, Blackarachnia, Reptilion, Razorclaw, Primal, Frostbite, Skywarp/Jhiaxus... all of them were great. Before that I had bought Cryotek, BW2 Galvatron, and Tripredacus. Ya know, if I was active during Beast Wars, this would be a really blank post.

17. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    It's not that I passed on them, but I just got a bunch of the BWNeo stuff...some can be frustrating as HELL trying to puzzle the kibble together (Mach Kick, Longrack, Big Convoy) but damn are they ever sweet.

18. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    RM Gigant Bomb and Smokesniper-I haven't Transformered either yet but I really love Smokesniper's Possibility and Gigant Bomb looking like a Energon prime of The RM Line,I'm thinking of Getting BW Star Scream and BB.Found them at Toys on Fire.

19. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Good call on Tankor, MMM; he's one of the best BM figures.
    The Movie toys are currently right up there at the top of my "Holy Shit, look at THAT!" list. All of the ones I have are fantastic; playable, intricate, detailed, inventive; everything a Transformer should be. And especially Ironhide; that figure is pure love in badass black truck toy form). The only figure overshadowing them on the list is MP-5 Megatron. It truly does deserve to be labelled a Masterpiece; blows my mind every time I transform it, or even look at it.

20. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

G1 Bliwtzwing and Doubledealer.

Those triplechangers are really fun to play with, especially Doubledealer. He didn't look great on pictures, but once I played with it is very enjoyable. I love how they hid his bird mode.