new to the game and online gaming in general

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by chris_jackson, Jul 4, 2010.

1. chris_jackson

chris_jackson Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hay guys i was wondering why so few people use mics online (im playing the ps3 version). I always assumed they were used alot, particularly in team games.

I am new to online gaming but i was just wondering if you guys could answer me. is it just a ps3 thing?

I am dying to play a game of conquest or TD and actually have some communication with the other players

2. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No-one really uses mics, probably due to lack of mic and stuff. In MW2 they're hardly used aswell.

Doesn't bother me if I'm honest.

3. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

Try to get some friends who play, or find folks on here.
    I play with some of the members here and we all use mics, generally we destroy the other team because of it.

4. chris_jackson

News Credits:
    ah thats cool, the problem i have is that i don't know anyone else who plays the game
    thanks though=]
    i'm just gona find some people on here to play with i think

5. 009*

009* That Guy... Somewhere

News Credits:
    I can never make out what people say when they use mics, might be because I don't have one myself, so it annoys me more than anything.

But somethings that bug me about the multiplayer here is that weapons seem to be way more damage than in the campaign, and there isn't a map or the enemy players' PSN id don't show like the allies' PSN id. Seems way too easy to get blown away in one or two shots because some one was able sneak up on me with a shotgun or something.

That and aiming seems to be a problem. I seem to over correct my aim when I fire for some reason.

6. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

What's your PSN?

7. chris_jackson

News Credits:
    its ludakris_j

8. SavageGrimlock

SavageGrimlock Member

Its the way online console gaming has changed these days. It has become less about making sure to win the match by working as a team, and more about personal glory. Good or bad at the game, these people think that teammates only slow them down. Its been slowly changing to this for a while, but Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare was when the largest change happened. The best thing is to try and force your teammates to work together in a way by always sticking with one (except for say a cloaking scout or a disguising scientist for obvious reasons). Other than that, find some friends on here that play, or convince some of your friends to get the game, and get ultimate wins as you use real teamwork to destroy those evil Decepticons! (or heroic Autobots!)

9. ElBlancoDiablo

ElBlancoDiablo Half Man, Half Legend

great post grimlock, absolutely to a tee with rhyming off whats gone wrong with communication in video games these days. at least on a pc, if you dont have a mic, there is ussually a chatbox to use, not so much on ps3 or 360.

personally as it goes for me, i try my very best to avoid non mic using players. i like to communicate, i like the comradery(sp?) that comes along with forming a bond with a fellow player whom is after the same goal as you at the moment, which should be winning in the must ultimate of fashions. i also prefer co op type games and the such, like nazi zombies horde and now, very much so, escalation. so having mics is most essential in getting any progress in any of these, at least outside of the personal glory most folks go for.

lots of good gamers on here ive buddied up with too so good luck finding some soon.

10. apparatus

apparatus pre-Spark toaster

in BF:BC2 I use the blu-tooth....in WFC I used it and didn't feel like there were results...

you kind of hope that based on the class used, ppl would just sorta know how to use their character.

I don't use the mic so much in WFC, but i tend to stay with at least one mate and heal or otherwise buff the team...

5 vs 5 really doesn't give one much a chance to go rogue, lest you don't mind being the 1 in that 4 vs 1 or 5 vs 1.....

11. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

I currently don't use the mic because right now I'm living with my parents (My house is getting rennovated) and trying to maintain a verbal communication uninterrupted for any length of time is problematic at best.

My main concern is being "that guy". You know the one. The guy that does all the annoying stuff. Mostly because I still don't know what the annoying stuff is. I primarily just try to help the team if I'm playing a team based one or just do the best I can.

12. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    I keep mine off until i hear chatter.

If it's relevant to the game I'll chime in.

Then when i hear dipshits i mute them.

13. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

I don't have a mic to use. But quite frankly whenever I hear someone using a mic I usually here ten year old kids calling eahothers noobs or college age kids talking about something completely irrelevent to the game.

I once joined a game really late, and my team was losing by a lot, and I heard this one guy encouraging us all, telling us to keep fighting, that it wasn't over yet.

We need more people like that online.

14. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

I always talk, even if they don't reply most of the time they can still hear you. Sometimes it inspires them to get their mic.

15. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

Mics generally only get used when you've got a group of friends as your team. Then you can use mics to good effect and actually organize a bit, especially in the tactical gametypes like Conquest or Code of Power.

The only other people who use mics are annoying 12 year olds who see it as their responsibility to remind us how nice it was when we finally hit puberty.

I look forward to the day when a developer introduces some kind of age system. Have your online account use your age, and then allow games to make game-lists that are age specific. So if I want to play with people over 20, let me select an "over 20" playlist. If I want to play with younger folks I could just go to the any-age playlist.

16. apparatus

apparatus pre-Spark toaster

that age list thing?

pretty good....however numerical age value doesn't always = maturity

constant, incessant chatter in any game is a pain in the arse; but need to know relevant stuff, especially tactical in nature?

always welcome.

17. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    I've NEVER heard anyone use their mic for a relevant reason while playing online. So yeah I'm not a fan of them