New to Human Alliance, any recommendations?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Not the guy, May 30, 2011.

1. Not the guy

Not the guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I finally took the plunge and bought my first, being HA Roadbuster and I've totally digging his size & gimmicks. So now i'm interested in others of the series and while I'm keen on HA Jazz, I wanna know what others might be good to pick up? And also, are there any differences between the original HA Bumblebee and the one that's in store now?

2. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Other than Bumblebee (the black one is pretty much just a little shittier in robot mode), I've seen the Green one (Skids or Mudflap, I forget which) in Wal-Mart & Toys R Us. Now as far as which ones are good & whatnot, the best advice I can give you is to spend some time in the review section. Read the threads & look at the pictures, and taking a leap to the videos doesn't hurt either. Along with that, you could always scroll down this page & check out the thread called "Happiness In Human Alliance".

For example, I've always liked Sideswipe, but people usually say that he sucks ass. Just a matter of spending enough time to form your own opinion before dropping the cheddar.

3. SeekerofTruth20

SeekerofTruth20 Prime of Primes

Definitely pick up Jazz! He's fantastic. The Twins are actually really awesome too, but if you are not into the characters maybe you'll want to stay away from them. I just think their designs are really neat. I would recommend Jazz though as your next pick :)  Hope this helps. Also, despite the amount of kibble on Sideswipe, he is my definitive mold of the character. Very awesome. Take a look at some video reviews, and see for yourself. There are a lot of good things about HA.

4. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Recommendations: All.

Yeah, Sideswipe's not as good as the others, but I don't think he's bad by any means

5. Bumblebee3

Bumblebee3 Autobot

News Credits:
    First HA Bumblebee, Jazz, and Sideswipe in that order. :) 

6. xion14

xion14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Barricade is fun to transform and has a big menacing feel to him. And Frenzy interacts with him well with them being one of the actual on screen panthers and his hide in chest gimmick that's nice. He's the best to me.

7. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    HA Jazz. I've heard good things for Mudflap and Skids. BB is a great figure, though not entirely movie accurate, and needs modifications for the purest of enjoyment.

8. Not the guy

Not the guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I better get on that Jazz then before they get harder to find. I do like the twins though so maybe they'll be on my short list.

9. Sideways77

Sideways77 some garbage is okay

News Credits:
    Barricade. He's an awesome guy.

10. Deadboy

Deadboy Well-Known Member

Jazz and Bumblebee are must-haves. Jazz is easily the best of the line and while Bee is showing his age, he's still a solid figure and one of the best movie Bees. I also own Barricade and he's pretty great, too.

11. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

I own at least one version of each mold (with Roadbuster being the current exception) and here are my favorites in order:
    Jazz
    Barricade
    Skids/Mudflap
    Bumblebee
    Sideswipe

I plan on picking up all of the new molds for this size. I'm skipping most of the HA basics as I haven't been too impressed so far. If you find Mudflap, he's not going to be cheap!

12. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    HA Sideswipe gets hated on too much. He may not be SUPER AWESOME OH MAN like HA Jazz is, but he's unworthy of all of the hate. The slight modification that can be done to it improves him even more.

I've still yet to do the HA Frenzy hand mod as well, as it looks really neato too. I mean, how much cooler can you get than a "Handmaster"? Plus, it's Barricade. :) 

I'm just not on board with the smaller figures with the $10 size class. I haven't done any scaling with the figures/vehicles myself, either. My anticipation of these has really went down to a potential complete pass. Other than that, that's really my only negative thoughts regarding the subline. At least for what HA is currently.

13. XxGeck0xX

XxGeck0xX デストロン 情報

News Credits:
    HA Jazz and Barricade are nice, I just dont like Sideswipe because he looks a little chuncky.

14. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    This is exactly what I would have said, except to note that I have Shadow Blade Sideswipe and Deluxe Battle Blades Bee, which makes me like HA 'Swipe more than HA Bee - but I feel the Bee is the better toy. BBBB is the best Bee and SB Sideswipe has epic deco, which is why I like it better.

Jazz, Barricade, and the Twins are the best versions of their movieverse characters as far as I can tell. If you can only get one or need to prioritize and have no bias towards particular characters, Jazz is the one to target. It's one of the best TFs in the entire movieverse "era" in my opinion.

15. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

Ha Jazz, and The HA scouts are a must have

16. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Jazz. Just do it.

17. Gepard

Gepard Well-Known Member

News Credits:

*screeches to a halt*

Whaaaaa? First I've heard of this. Do you have any links?

18. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    all are worth picking up but Sideswipe is the most disappointing. Don't have Roadbuster yet. Here's my rankings from greatest to least:
    Jazz
    Bumblebee
    Barricade
    Mudflap
    Skids

19. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Which mod for Sideswipe?

20. Gepard

Gepard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Probably this one. It really improves the figure a lot.