New Third Party Products

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Insane Galvatron, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Dai-Guard

Dai-Guard Well-Known Member

Isn't someone else also making a Megatron targetmaster, along with Optimus, Rodimus, and Starscream?

2. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Yes, I believe TFClub is. However, their NotMegatron's gun mode looks more like a gymnast doing the splits than it does a gun.

3. Dai-Guard

Dai-Guard Well-Known Member

Alternatively, I wait for the new Legends Megatron and see how easy it would be to mod him with a 5mm peg.

4. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    What about the 4mm peg so that Hot Rod/Rodimus can hold it too?

5. VE Telus

VE Telus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great stuff. I placed an order for two Megatrons and one Browning. They do look oversized for deluxes, though; I'm planning on displaying one Megatron in robot mode, while the other two as guns for Henkei Megatron (admit it, you know it's cool!) and some other Voyager/Ultra figure.

The prices for these figures are very reasonable. When will people learn that third party material -- barring Sidearm b/c of aforementioned reasons -- will not be equal to the price of a Hasbro mass-marketed product?

6. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    £16.80 seems a lot and its a shame this guy isnt poseable unlike the tfclub version but the seeker mount is ingenius, the gun mode is real nice and seen as nobody seems to want to split the tfclub set im very tempted even if megs is like £16.80 i just wish he had leg and shoulder articulation though :( 

If anyone doesnt want there seeker mount from there set or if the creator can print one out of shapeways and sell it seprateley i will gladly buy it from them

7. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    This guy is smaller than the targetroid, so less articulation should be expected. He does have full arm articulation though. Shoulders and elbows are ball and socket joints.

8. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Honestly, I'm liking the targetroid one a lot better, but I probably won't buy either one.

Which one came first? Somebody must have stolen the idea from somebody to have two of these come out at the same time. I guess it could be coincidence, but it's sure sketchy.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  9. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    Just like the fact that the club released a Punch Counterpunch and stole people's idea? It is possible that two people came up with a similar idea ( especially one as obvious as this ) around the same time. There is a thread on this board ( which I will PM to you ) that proves MasterShooter was working on this a year ago. No information on the targetroids had been released at that point. So MS did not do the copying, but that does not mean they didn't get copied.

10. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This actually happens all the time, whenever technology/opportunity catches up with a concept.

11. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Two adaptors and both guns worn under the wing of Henkei/Classics Dirge would look really neat I think.

It seems silly to only give you one adaptor when you'd probably want one each - also that adaptor might work rather well as a way of shoulder or back mounting the guns on certain toys too. I can see it fitting on chracters people might not originally think of using like Dropshot or the Botcon Megatrons.

12. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    Each figure gives you one adapter. So the two pack gives two adapters. Sorry if the listing wasn't real clear.