New TFCToys - Project Uranos Mega Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by aniline, May 16, 2012.

1. Deceptimatrix

Deceptimatrix Warrior Elite

^^^^ Pics aren't showing up...

2. tempy

tempy Well-Known Member

Of course they arent!!! story of my life.. ha.

How about now? Thanks for letting me know.

3. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    Wow! That blows! Thanks for the heads up on that.

4. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    that sucks about the yellowing, and the canopies look gret

funny story though, after all the blue ones I made; I actually made g1 colored ones for myself. to this day blackbird doesnt have a canopy cause i couldnt figure out what color to make for him.

5. tempy

tempy Well-Known Member

You're most welcome!

Thanks Megatron. :D  Though kinda wish the orange one came out more shiny.
    Do you have pictures of your colored ones?
    What do you think of what I did for Blackbrid?

6. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Level Six Laser Lotus

Unfortunately that's the reality of white plastic. Bummer.

7. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    I dont think I ever took any i may put them all in jetmode so I can snap some of what I did, slingshots is orange, skydive is smoked, and the other 2 are frosted white.

early on I actually had someone request a color matched canopy for blackbird (before I put all 5 parts in one mold) and i have to say its probably my preference you just miss the transparent windows, but since you painted the over the yellow one you get around that. I actually have a clear one I did as a test I could paint if I could get the color close enough and id be happy with it, but since mine stays in combined mode 90% of its life i just kinda left the cockpit off to the side.

8. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
  9. Automaster

Automaster Eye Heart TF's!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  10. jspags15

jspags15 Well-Known Member

That is a simplified over sized version that also has a white Blastoff for an arm.

11. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So I'd quit Transformers, but Combiner Wars sucked me back in. Something about combining robots just checks all my boxes, I guess. After collecting all the Hasbro sets, I ordered Feral Rex to fill the gap Hasbro was leaving, and I liked him so much I got Ordin to fill another gap, and liked him so much that I decided to replace every Hasbro combiner with a 3P version.

So Uranos seems like the only option for a 3P Superion, but there's something about him that really bugs me. No, it's not the Blackbird alt-mode for not-Silverbolt. It's not Uranos' derpy head, or the weird chest plate (although, if I get Uranos, I guess the Wings of Uranos set would probably get bought).

Actually, what bugs me most about Uranos are the individual bots' heads. They're all pretty fugly, but not-Slingshot and not-Skydive's heads don't even remotely look like Slingshot or Skydive. So, while I've seen a couple of replacement heads for the combined Uranos, are there any better options for the individual bots' heads?

12. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

Are you into IDW at all? Do you read the comics/have you read Combiner Wars?

The individual bots heads are fine, I think. You may be able to rig the CW heads into their bodies also.

I recommend EchoTF's shapeways parts for Uranos. Definitely thigh thigh thingies and the waist part.

I recommend Wings of Uranos and the SXS head as well. You'll end up with an incredibly good looking figure, that feels totally complete.

He's pretty stable, but I recommend the beautiful blue tack and put a few spots under his feet for extra stability.

He's an amazingly fun figure, and with those upgrades, he's even more awesome. Get the reprolabels for extra goodness.

As you can probably tell, he's one of my favorites. No complaints.

13. sodawilly

sodawilly Old School fan since 1984

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Love this set! =)

- Gregg

Attached Files:

14. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I do read IDW, and I have read Combiner Wars. There was only one page that the Aerialbots weren't Superion in the whole arc (minus an earlier panel introducing Alpha Bravo), and they were in jet mode.

Silverbolt had more of a presence earlier in Robots In Disguise (now just The Transfomers). He tried to kill Dirge, got into a fight with Prowl, and the Aerialbots left the city. A little earlier, the Aerialbots were doing crowd control after Arcee killed Ratbat. That's pretty much the only time you see the faces of Aerialbots who aren't Superion. Their heads all look G1 cartoon-ish, or like the Combiner Wars heads, which is to say, not much like the Uranos heads. Especially Slingshot... his face isn't even orange!

I'm glad you like him, though.

15. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

Glad to see more IDW fans! You would probably like the SXS head:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...63148-sxs-04-tfc-uranos-head-upgrade-kit.html

The Wings of Uranos:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-3rd-party-reviews/967712-tfc-wing-uranos-review.html

And Echo's parts:

TFC Uranos -- full "Echo" upgrade kit (ZYR75Q85K) by echotransformer

If you do decide to get him, enjoy! :) 

16. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ok. STOP showing pics about Uranos. I no longer have the space for him, damn it! You all are making it more difficult to fight off the urge to keep him instead of selling him off.

*sighs* :p  :lol 

17. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    I've been trying to sell this and a g1 superion set TOGETHER for 450AUD and still no bites. Trying to get rid of Rex too.

18. jspags15

jspags15 Well-Known Member

Since this got bumped, I guess I'll add something. I bought this set brand new off eBay a couple months ago. I just combined the team last week, I really don't understand the hate this set gets. The only complaint I have is the head, why it didn't come with a faceplate and red visor. I didn't get the wings kit with mine, but I don't think I need it. I did some simple mods to the head and I think I can live with the chest. After a lot of hesitation about getting him, I'm very glad I did.
    [IMG[​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

19. naitch

naitch WOOOOOOOOO

I've got one for sale too

20. chip1123

chip1123 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I would recommend the upgrade kits on shapeways, if you aren't afraid of a little paint. They add a little height to his legs and fill out his thighs, while allowing a closer stance - no longer just the A stance. Also, they help fill out his torso by giving him an actual waist peace. It looks really good if you can combine it with the Wings of Uranos set.