New TFCToys - Project Uranos Mega Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by aniline, May 16, 2012.

1. xKAINxCAINx

xKAINxCAINx Action Master

Damn that sucks :(  sorry for the loss. I think Vange1us or someone on here is/selling a slingshot for a decent price recently. Try asking around I'm sure someone can help :) 

2. JangoUnfettered

JangoUnfettered Well-Known Member

TFsource has him on sale.
    TFC Toys - Project Uranos - AV-88 Harrier II

3. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

4. sodawilly

sodawilly Old School fan since 1984

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Love this set! :) 

- Gregg

Attached Files:

5. projectlawrence

projectlawrence Well-Known Member

Did anyone do a 3D print of the connectors for CW Sliverbot to be connected using TFC limbs?

6. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  7. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I was so tempted for this set but the fact that silver bolt was an sr-71 held me back. Not to mention that its over $500 lol. I know the Hasbro stuff is cheap by comparison but how does it compare to uranos?

8. GrimSwipe

GrimSwipe Shock Trooper

My 30 second answer (from a lifelong Aerialbot FanBoy):

1)Jet mode: TFC wins hands down, as this is their strongest mode. Hasbro is ok for a mass retail toy, but there really is no comparison.

2)Bot mode: Hasbro. TFC are more articulated, heavier and (of course) feel of much higher quality, but Hasbro knocked it out of the park with their G1 toon homages. I think only the Hasbro Fireflight (Firefly) has an inaccurate (to the toon) face. Hasbro Silverbolt and Air Raid are really exceptional.

3)Combined (with WoU addon set). Again, TFC is much larger, heavier and "heavy duty". Hasbro, though somehow captures the essence of Superion better. This will especially be true with the PE upgrade kits. Though the cannon being mountable on the arm is sweet as honey, with Uranos, his head/face sculpt, leg color choices, etc., just all add up to enough of a difference to rob him of a lot of Superion likeness.

There is a lot of apples/oranges comparisons between the two, due to the price point difference (and, as a result, what you can expect for your money), but honestly I think you'd probably be better off in the long run grabbing the Hasbro set (+PE upgrades), and waiting for a better 3P version in the future.

I don't plan on getting rid of my Uranos, due to my fondness of the team, but had it been any other Combiner, I likely would.

9. projectlawrence

projectlawrence Well-Known Member

10. sodawilly

sodawilly Old School fan since 1984

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey El Duque, sorry to hear about your accident you had.... if I might make a suggestion... Find a junker Cybertron Optimus Prime figure and put the springs from the hips in the Silverbolt figure. Super easy fix I did and never looked back. :) 

- Gregg

11. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, my TFC Uranos (upgraded with WoU set and the SXS face) isn't going anywhere either as I think that even with all of its warts, Uranos looks loads better as combined Superion than the CW verison. I do have Takara CW Superion preordered on HLJ, and I plan to display the individual bots with Uranos. The Perfect Effect upgrade does improve on the CW version's combined mode but I still dislike how skinny Superion's stock thighs are, something that no 3P has addressed yet.

12. Matt Random

Matt Random Member

Is Uranus worth picking up?

I recently picked up MMC Feral Rex, but have this annoying compulsion to buy things in pairs. I was thinking of getting Warbotron since I had Bruticus as a wee lad, but he'd require removal of a shelf in my cabinet and I don't have much space as it is. I've always been drawn to Superion since I like fighter jets, but I've never had a complete Superion. The thighs of CW Superion bother me and the arms are overly long since Hasbro opted for the foldout legs instead of doing collapsible which would allow for a shorter single-elbow configuration.

How's the quality of Uranos. I've read a bit about the splits issue. Is TFC worth it or should I cave and get Warbotron now and then succumb again if they do a Superion?

13. GrimSwipe

GrimSwipe Shock Trooper

My answer above (re: comparison of hasbro and TFC) offers some answers to your question.

Honestly, if it were me, I would go with Warbo over TFC. And again, that is coming from a guy that is a staunch Aerialbot fan; Far above any other combiner group.

Warbo's individual bots (I don't own Fierce Attack yet, but I do own the other 4 not-Combaticons, as well as not-Afterburner), are larger, better articulated, and are of higher quality (I suppose this part is subjective, since I feel both companies produce decent-quality items).

Judging from the pics of Warbo's not-Bruticus, I don't believe Uranos will be able to hold a candle to him, as the TFC Aerialbots' weakest mode is combined form, IMO.

I'm hoping that Warbo will eventually get around to their own version of Superion (after Computron and Menasor).

14. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

I love my Uranos + Wings of Uranos upgrade kit. He's my favorite combiner (I own TFC's Hercules with Rage kit + shapeways parts, MMC's Feral Rex and TFC's Prometheus) by far. The individual bots are super cool, especially with all the extra's that come with WoU.

I have not done a hip replacement on Uranos, but do have Blutack on the bottom of his feet to act as stoppers and he's been fine now for the past few months.

Warbo's stuff is also good. :) 

15. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:

I'll probably be stoned for this, but I instantly had buyers remorse once I got uranos in hand and that includes the wings set and reprolabels. The quality feels like a KO, too many liberties were taken with the designs. Silverbolt is a POS. Nothing is enjoyable about the figure, not to mention I felt like I was going to break them anytime I had to deal with the connection ports for combined mode because they are a shitty design and too tight.

If you have Feral Rex and you then get this guy you will cry. Personally if the CW's superion w/ 3rd party upgrades doesn't do it for you I'd wait for either Maketoys and Warbotron to release their Superions. TFC isn't even close to my top 5 companies for 3rd party and Uranos left such a sour taste I won't be buying any of their products.

16. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The following isn't really what I would advise since it isn't to my taste, but I believe in making informed decisions so I figured I'd throw it out there.

Reportedly MakeToys next combiner after Defensor will be Superion. It probably won't be out until late 2016 (they seem to release around October each year), but if you are a fan of the MT combiners (which I am not) then that is something to consider. I'm also not a fan of waiting to be honest.

17. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    Hard to say, warbo's stuff hasn't impressed me that much. I don't like some design aspects of theirs. As for uranos, I think the moulds are actually pretty good, just the paint apps are a bit over and feel random. I still like how it looks, but there was plenty of room for improvement by tfc. Actual qc was good and he is nowhere near as fragile as the one above makes it sound like. KO? Please....

I think in order to gauge tfc atm, you have to get their Prometheus set, whilst their designs aren't everyone's taste, they have improved hugely in their paint apps, qc and joints. I love the head sculpts on all, unlike their uranos set, where only Silverbolt and air raid looked decent.

18. 143999

143999 Well-Known Member

I'd still like to see a way to put CW arms on Uranos. I feel like it might do something nice to the overall proportions if the arms were a bit smaller.

19. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Skyquake has done the opposite. It is easier that way since it is male/male adapter. For what you are asking it would need a female/female one which would require more space. Should be the same difficulty I believe, but may not look as good since the adapter needs room for the male pegs on Blackbird and the CW limbs. I've linked the Incrediplugs thread below with more pics. You can try contacting him to see if he will/can make those adapters you want, but obviously I don't know on both counts (willingness and capability). That level of skill is over my head. I still need to order a few sets.

Radicon thread:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/1037544-incrediplugs-cw-extended.html

Commissioner Listing:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/commissioner-listing-feedback/1037640-incrediplugs-cw-extended.html

Also sharing a pic he took of the TFC limbs on Silverbolt. Note that this wasn't his intent behind them, but rather extra usability inherent in the design. Look at the threads for more info on intent if you care.

[​IMG]

20. tempy

tempy Well-Known Member

***WARNING - PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT ***
    Do NOT place your Uranos in any direct sunlight as the white plastic WILL turn yellow. I really thought that we were past this and doesn't happen anymore. Guess I was wrong and now my Uranos has a yellow tint to it. Here are some pictures for you to see. The section in the RED box indicates the original white plastic. Everything else has been sun damaged! :( 
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    -----------------------

I also want to show off what I did with the cockpits I bought from Megatron, I think it was. I think they look pretty good. Did them up in the original colors.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I also painted the Head Gold and bottom of the feet with clear Plasti-Dip. Now he will not slip n slide when placed on a smooth surface.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I still am planning on getting all the repolables for him but @ $70 for the full set, that is going to take a while. Maybe when there is a sale or something cause I am having a hard time justifying paying that much for some stickers. haha.