New TFCToys - Project Uranos Mega Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by aniline, May 16, 2012.

1. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    Hard to say, warbo's stuff hasn't impressed me that much. I don't like some design aspects of theirs. As for uranos, I think the moulds are actually pretty good, just the paint apps are a bit over and feel random. I still like how it looks, but there was plenty of room for improvement by tfc. Actual qc was good and he is nowhere near as fragile as the one above makes it sound like. KO? Please....

I think in order to gauge tfc atm, you have to get their Prometheus set, whilst their designs aren't everyone's taste, they have improved hugely in their paint apps, qc and joints. I love the head sculpts on all, unlike their uranos set, where only Silverbolt and air raid looked decent.

2. 143999

143999 Well-Known Member

I'd still like to see a way to put CW arms on Uranos. I feel like it might do something nice to the overall proportions if the arms were a bit smaller.

3. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Skyquake has done the opposite. It is easier that way since it is male/male adapter. For what you are asking it would need a female/female one which would require more space. Should be the same difficulty I believe, but may not look as good since the adapter needs room for the male pegs on Blackbird and the CW limbs. I've linked the Incrediplugs thread below with more pics. You can try contacting him to see if he will/can make those adapters you want, but obviously I don't know on both counts (willingness and capability). That level of skill is over my head. I still need to order a few sets.

Radicon thread:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/1037544-incrediplugs-cw-extended.html

Commissioner Listing:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/commissioner-listing-feedback/1037640-incrediplugs-cw-extended.html

Also sharing a pic he took of the TFC limbs on Silverbolt. Note that this wasn't his intent behind them, but rather extra usability inherent in the design. Look at the threads for more info on intent if you care.

[​IMG]

4. tempy

tempy Well-Known Member

***WARNING - PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT ***
    Do NOT place your Uranos in any direct sunlight as the white plastic WILL turn yellow. I really thought that we were past this and doesn't happen anymore. Guess I was wrong and now my Uranos has a yellow tint to it. Here are some pictures for you to see. The section in the RED box indicates the original white plastic. Everything else has been sun damaged! :( 
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    -----------------------

I also want to show off what I did with the cockpits I bought from Megatron, I think it was. I think they look pretty good. Did them up in the original colors.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I also painted the Head Gold and bottom of the feet with clear Plasti-Dip. Now he will not slip n slide when placed on a smooth surface.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I still am planning on getting all the repolables for him but @ $70 for the full set, that is going to take a while. Maybe when there is a sale or something cause I am having a hard time justifying paying that much for some stickers. haha.

5. Deceptimatrix

Deceptimatrix Warrior Elite

^^^^ Pics aren't showing up...

6. tempy

tempy Well-Known Member

Of course they arent!!! story of my life.. ha.

How about now? Thanks for letting me know.

7. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    Wow! That blows! Thanks for the heads up on that.

8. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    that sucks about the yellowing, and the canopies look gret

funny story though, after all the blue ones I made; I actually made g1 colored ones for myself. to this day blackbird doesnt have a canopy cause i couldnt figure out what color to make for him.

9. tempy

tempy Well-Known Member

You're most welcome!

Thanks Megatron. :D  Though kinda wish the orange one came out more shiny.
    Do you have pictures of your colored ones?
    What do you think of what I did for Blackbrid?

10. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    Unfortunately that's the reality of white plastic. Bummer.

11. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    I dont think I ever took any i may put them all in jetmode so I can snap some of what I did, slingshots is orange, skydive is smoked, and the other 2 are frosted white.

early on I actually had someone request a color matched canopy for blackbird (before I put all 5 parts in one mold) and i have to say its probably my preference you just miss the transparent windows, but since you painted the over the yellow one you get around that. I actually have a clear one I did as a test I could paint if I could get the color close enough and id be happy with it, but since mine stays in combined mode 90% of its life i just kinda left the cockpit off to the side.

12. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
  13. Automaster

Automaster Eye Heart TF's!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  14. jspags15

jspags15 Well-Known Member

That is a simplified over sized version that also has a white Blastoff for an arm.

15. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    So I'd quit Transformers, but Combiner Wars sucked me back in. Something about combining robots just checks all my boxes, I guess. After collecting all the Hasbro sets, I ordered Feral Rex to fill the gap Hasbro was leaving, and I liked him so much I got Ordin to fill another gap, and liked him so much that I decided to replace every Hasbro combiner with a 3P version.

So Uranos seems like the only option for a 3P Superion, but there's something about him that really bugs me. No, it's not the Blackbird alt-mode for not-Silverbolt. It's not Uranos' derpy head, or the weird chest plate (although, if I get Uranos, I guess the Wings of Uranos set would probably get bought).

Actually, what bugs me most about Uranos are the individual bots' heads. They're all pretty fugly, but not-Slingshot and not-Skydive's heads don't even remotely look like Slingshot or Skydive. So, while I've seen a couple of replacement heads for the combined Uranos, are there any better options for the individual bots' heads?

16. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    Are you into IDW at all? Do you read the comics/have you read Combiner Wars?

The individual bots heads are fine, I think. You may be able to rig the CW heads into their bodies also.

I recommend EchoTF's shapeways parts for Uranos. Definitely thigh thigh thingies and the waist part.

I recommend Wings of Uranos and the SXS head as well. You'll end up with an incredibly good looking figure, that feels totally complete.

He's pretty stable, but I recommend the beautiful blue tack and put a few spots under his feet for extra stability.

He's an amazingly fun figure, and with those upgrades, he's even more awesome. Get the reprolabels for extra goodness.

As you can probably tell, he's one of my favorites. No complaints.

17. sodawilly

sodawilly Old School fan since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Love this set! =)

- Gregg

Attached Files:

18. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    I do read IDW, and I have read Combiner Wars. There was only one page that the Aerialbots weren't Superion in the whole arc (minus an earlier panel introducing Alpha Bravo), and they were in jet mode.

Silverbolt had more of a presence earlier in Robots In Disguise (now just The Transfomers). He tried to kill Dirge, got into a fight with Prowl, and the Aerialbots left the city. A little earlier, the Aerialbots were doing crowd control after Arcee killed Ratbat. That's pretty much the only time you see the faces of Aerialbots who aren't Superion. Their heads all look G1 cartoon-ish, or like the Combiner Wars heads, which is to say, not much like the Uranos heads. Especially Slingshot... his face isn't even orange!

I'm glad you like him, though.

19. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    Glad to see more IDW fans! You would probably like the SXS head:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...63148-sxs-04-tfc-uranos-head-upgrade-kit.html

The Wings of Uranos:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-3rd-party-reviews/967712-tfc-wing-uranos-review.html

And Echo's parts:

TFC Uranos -- full "Echo" upgrade kit (ZYR75Q85K) by echotransformer

If you do decide to get him, enjoy! :) 

20. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ok. STOP showing pics about Uranos. I no longer have the space for him, damn it! You all are making it more difficult to fight off the urge to keep him instead of selling him off.

*sighs* :p  :lol