New TFCToys - Project Uranos Mega Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by aniline, May 16, 2012.

1. daimchoc

daimchoc TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Shrink? I doubt that.... :lol 

There will always be a market when there's nothing to compare it with.

2. alex1984

alex1984 Well-Known Member

I actually think the body/limb proportions are fine. G1 Silverbolt was much too large, MMC's attempt to scale down the not-Razorclaw actually looked pretty good. It was clear who the leader was, but the sizes were still comparable too.

3. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If someone else does a better Silverbolt to replace TFC shitbot, I'd most likely buy up the four limbs again. The limb-bots are all pretty fantastic (save some minor colouration choices here and there, and those crappy toy heads), but when it comes to combiner teams it's really all or nothing.

4. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

Depends on who you ask, but good question. Personally, not a bad thing at all. I really like that 'flare' when it's appropriately balanced with the OG design, but sometimes it goes too far... and there are plenty of examples from various 3p companies where this has happened.

5. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What color scheme will fuggin' Superion have? Will he have a goatee, or am I confusing this bot with thuggin' Superion? :inquisiti  :lol 

6. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

If TFC makes it, you know it will have plenty of black on it and a shitty looking head...

7. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Maybe its cause I like siverbolt that I don't think its that bad, especially since he'll be in Superion mode all the time.

Well FP's Springer is fairly different, and their rodimus looks nothing like Rodimus. The reason being is because designers are typically more than just designers-there's a bit of art in there too. Masterpieces of art have a name scribbled in the corner. Master forgers, if they're cocky enough, sign their work. They have their vision for what it could be, and they follow through, for the most part. Then they fix it for those who think they need it fixed.

8. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Must be the reason I find FP so gahdamn overrated...

9. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:

There are degrees of imperfection, and Blackbird falls further short of the mark than some toys with Plane alt modes. They re-imagined the alt mode, but stopped somewhere along the way, picked a deco that didn't reflect the vehicle they decided it should be, ignored digibashes, and backpedaled to a deco that was G1 safe.

The box says SR71, is that an SR71?

The simplicity, the robot wearing a jet, those are actually very G1 things in a way.... but at the same time, they threw away some G1 aspects whilst retaining others. The result was a toy that was partially re-imagined, something that is neither one thing nor another.

Personally speaking, re-arranging altmode parts, using the engines as weapons so there's somewhere to peg the front of the fuselage, is an idea i absolutely hate. If you're okay with it, that's your choice and it's not my intention to dump on it. I might say *that* makes "no sense", but it makes no sense to me.

When i posted those five suggestions earlier, it wasn't any particular thing, but a combination of things together. Now they may make no sense to you, but there's been enough comments that is it not possible people have some legitimate complaints about the results?

10. alex1984

I seem to recall the early prototype shots of Blackbird having a pretty different color scheme, it looked nice. I don't mind the choice of Blackbird as the alt mode, as it's a military plane and suits the theme better, and I've read that the two boosters were part of the reasons for this choice. Hope they do something ultra-cool with it in combined mode. Phantom Ray is really cool though, nice and innovative, but it could be improved. Given this delay with the last 2, I'd hope that TFC's taking their time to improve the remaining bots.

11. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Those were all digibashes by TFW's own "NECIO" based on the real-life M-21 (the drone-carrying variant of the Blackbird). TFC has only ever shown what the final colors ended up as.

Apparently TFC's Chinese forum-fans didn't think NECIO's digibash was a real scheme (or that the M-21 even existed) so they decried it as fake/bad, despite being a nice-looking mix of real Blackbird and G1 Silverbolt elements.

12. alex1984

Oh. Man, that's a shame. I actually like it quite a bit. Love the limbs, still on the fence about BB though. Hope there's something TFC can still do to bring this project up to Hercules' level.

13. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Never said they were or were not legit complaints, nor did I not say they weren't entitled to their likes and dislikes. People are free to voice their opinions to their max content. I said it made no sense (at least to me it didn't). Will people agree? Yes, and many will disagree just as much, if not even more.

Just as you state that it's possible that people have some legit complaints about the results, it is just as possible to be content with the product as is or have used what's available at hand to make the product likeable to them.

14. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Photomanipers really should put their stamp on it to show its a fake pic lol

15. Rotoraptor

Rotoraptor Banned

That takes all the fun out of it, doesn't it?

16. TheGame2K5

TheGame2K5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The door some of you are looking for is that way. ----->
    I do not understand why so many people that dont like a product stick around just to continue posting how much they dont like it. Its not like most of it is even constructive criticism, its just "these suck I hate them for not doing it how I imagined them in my head". It gets to a point where people on the fence start seeing things that arent even there because so and so pointed out that the freakin nose cone wasnt painted far enough down, or its not G1 enough. By no means is it perfect but show me a better Superion. Anyone who makes Superion is going to have issues with making them without kibble. Its just the nature of jetformers. Do we want them all to transform exactly like the MP since its the only one to get it right?

17. Rotoraptor

Rotoraptor Banned

Yeaaaa that's not really fair. Look any any of the figures over the past couple of years that have had panel-folding as a main transformation scheme. A smart group of designers could make a solid jet using those methods, it would probably just cost too much to actually produce; as evidence by the MP being the only one to get it right.

Look at FP's proto for Smart Robin, he's a jet-former and he's got virtually no kibble in bot mode. It would just take smarts to pull off on an earth vehicle, but it could totally be done.

18. daimchoc

daimchoc TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    And yet, Smart Robin isn't part of any combiner set... ;) 

19. TheGame2K5

TheGame2K5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And its "cybertronian." If they made a cybertronian superion they could make sure it isnt just a jet with a robot under real easy. ;) 

20. Rotoraptor

Rotoraptor Banned

You do like your emoticons. Are you asserting that being part of a combiner makes it impossible to have a solid jet-mode?