New TfClub newsletter arriving-- description inside

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Beastbot X, May 26, 2006.

1. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

Yep. :D 

2. The Phazer

The Phazer Well-Known Member

A bit like every supreme since the size class started?

Phazer

3. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    You noticed that too eh? The seats on the thigh, the flip over wheel for arm joints, THANK YOU TAKARA/TOMY/HASBRO!!

Oh VW, why must you resist the goodness that is Bumble Bee? The Bug never had it so good!

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    yeah he is pretty spiffy... though I must say I cant' see that little bike thingy not doing SOMEthing...

5. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    I'd bet that it become BB's weapon in robot mode, like how Rodimus has a rocket booster and the upper parts of Prime's cab change into his gun

6. DON

DON Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    It's a Jet ski actually, and it becomes a back mounted Jet Glider with the trailer

7. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    ok, that's pretty freakin' cool Don *L*

8. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Very slick and yes, I can see it's a jetski now that I've actually had the picture on my screen.

9. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    Great news! Now the flight of the Bumblebee can happen now (pun intended).:D 

EDIT: Ooooh, just saw what the looks like and he indeed is awesome! The jet ski is kinda like his own little "Roller." Sorta.
    Also, I was wondering does Classics Prime still retain his smokestacks as found in Don's original concept design?

10. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The article details how Beastformers, the Japanese versions of Battle Beasts (y'know, those little animals in mecha-suits where you could rub their chests to show their "home" elements), had their origin in just one episode of the cartoon show. G1 was dying out in the US at that time, though, so instead Beastformers were brought over here as a completely seperate line from TFs. Japan continued with the line for longer than we did, though, with crystal orbs in the chests eventually replacing rubsigns.

BTW, does anyone else who has the magazine yet think that the comic is a bit TOO dark, considering that some (though admittedly few) kids belong to this club as well? I mean, having an entire planet be destroyed to rebirth Unicron is one thing, but to detail the planet's denizen's smashing each other's heads in with rocks and shooting each other, with blood splattering on one guy's face actually shown one and another dead guy's face being shown with blood leaking out of it, and then on top of all of that actually imply that the denizens then resort to EATING everyone they kill until they're too fat to move? I can understand them wanting to make the story mature, but that doesn't really seem like something I'd want my kids to see...

11. The Phazer

That's pretty awesome. Bumblebee is probably my favourate toy in the line.

The only thing that could make me happier is to find Prime is getting a trailer and it'd have a bunch of standardised oversized weapons for BB to use.

Phazer

12. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Phazer, do the tyres look like rubber or plastic to you?

13. The Phazer

Unquestionably plastic, unfortunately.

Phazer

14. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wow, Bumblebee looks kinda badass! Great head too.

15. Superman_Alpha

Superman_Alpha TF: Animated FTW!!!

Bumblebee is easily my favorite of the set. I'm buying two just to keep one MISB for display, and the other to keep on my desk to play with.

16. peteynorth

peteynorth TFW2005 Supporter

Finally saw Bumblebee. Excellent toy. And that general transformation with an exotic sportscar would make a great Sunstreaker.

Boy, Haskara has done a complete 180 since Armada. Excellent line...though I will be taking a little paint to Megatron.

17. Shepp

Shepp Maverick Hunter

Ebay:
    as far as i'm concerned, here are the essentials for a line like this

Optimus Prime (confirmed)

Bumblebee (confirmed)

Ultra Magnus (unconfirmed, no rumours either, hopefuly a different sculpt from prime)

Hotrod/Rodimus (confirmed, i highly doubt we'll get a Rodimus Prime)

Megatron (confirmed, although i think that green should have been red on his wings)

Starscream (confirmed)

Shockwave (unconfirmed, no rumours either)

Galvatron (unconfirmed, no rumours either, hopefuly a different sculpt from megatron)

and as far as others, i'd like to see

Ironhide (the most likely, since we've all wanted a more or less show accurate version)
    Ratchet
    Jazz
    Prowl
    Brawn
    Springer (can't let the decepticons have all of the tripple changers)
    Cliffjumper (with at least some resculpting from Bumblebee
    The Dinobots done as a combiner team (everyone's dream. done properly, not like in energon)

Soundwave (w/ Lazerbeak and Rumble with both red and blue deco)
    Blitzwing
    Predaking (i know most people would give almost anything to have the Predacons done with modern technology)
    Devastator (a long shot, what with the energon and universe releases recently)
    Astrotrain (confirmed)

18. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Kewl. Got works of the other Maximals coming for future issues.

Got to see a tiny thumbnail of Bumblebee at least. What little I can see looks pretty good.

19. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow. Just saw Bumblebee...He's amazing! Kudos to Has/Tak. :rock 

20. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've just seen Bumblebee and he looks great! The first one in this line to make me think about actually collecting the line, though I'm still not sure I will.

All the molds (well, I'm in the Megs as Tank camp) are brilliant and capture exactly what Hasbro wanted to capture - the G1 characters in a new toyline. Had they been released a few years ago I'd probably have been all over them.

However, and I know I'm probably alone in this thought, because of the BT/MP lines - which are obviously aimed at older collectors (hell, I'm 30) - I don't actually feel the need to fall for the Classics line. I know it's what fans have been after for a very long time but the toys look, I dunno, too toy-like to me. Like every other main line of the past 20 years I just feel too disconected from it, despite it being so heavily based on G1.

Are these better than the original G1 molds? I'd say yes. I guess what keeps me coming back here though is the nostalgia I had with the old Diaclone molds and I finally realise that there is no substitute for that. I only hope the Takara reissues continue so I can complete that collection.

BTs are something completely different and I appreciate them on so many levels. That line raised the bar so high for me that it put every other Transformers toyline in it's place - as toylines aimed at kids.

I'm chuffed that this line is getting so much praise - it should do. What I've seen has brought a smile to my face and proved to me that Hasbro have once again been listening to the fans. I'm just not sure that it's for me.

Maybe I'll change my mind when I see them in store (if they get to the UK)... Who knows...

Steve.

PS. Now hopefully the love for Classics Bumblebee will make Hasbro realise they can now do the Alt Bumblebee without worrying too much about him not being a bug.