New TFCC Magazine Hitting Mailboxes

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Crimson Guard, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Crimson Guard

Crimson Guard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got the new issue of the TFCC magazine today. It's got some nice clear pictures from the Animated Wave 2 and 3 deluxes.
    Wave 2- Blackarachnia, Ratchet.
    Wave 3- Soundwave, Jazz, Oil Slick, Snarl.
    Nothing we haven't already seen, but the clear shots are nice to look at nonetheless. Jazz appears to have nunchuks that are formed from his exhaust pipes. Hadn't noticed that before.

Also according to Brian, the Seacons have been pushed back to June/July due to packaging issues. Nightbeat should be arriving around the same time.

Comic was o.k., don't really remember what's been going on with it lately, guess I'll have to dig out the back issues to check up on what's been going on.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2008
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Awesome news for me, now my broke ass can save up for the Seacons:) 

3. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    Same here. Seeing how much the first club exclusives were, I'm afraid to see the damage the Seacons are planning to do on my wallet. :/

4. Kenucme

Kenucme Yes, I'd get that one too TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Also, to add to this (since I was beat to the punch), Brian mentioned that the BotCon sets sold were 85% for attendees. Quite possibly there was not a whole lot of numbers sold to non-attendees for 'scalping'.

The Club comic offers a good look at the Megatron of the Trantech world. He seems to have an alt mode of a tank, somewhere between G2 & Armada Megatron. His head is rather large, almost ball-shaped. It doesn't resemble any previous Megatron's head more than the Movie Megatron.

5. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sounds interesting. Guess mine should be arriving within a couple of days. Always get it a day or two after we get the first reports of arrival on these boards.

Be nice to see some clearer pics of waves two and three and it's nice to finally know (aside from Ratchet & Blackarachnia) who's in wave two and who's in wave three (which makes me wonder why there's tones of MISB Ratchet's & Blackarachnia's on eBay, but not a single Snarl has shown up yet?).

Definently looking forward to the next Transtech instalment... I take back all my worries about how good this would be as I'm already more interested in this than the horrid Classic-verse comic they did last year.

Edit: Don't think I'll be picking up either club exclusive this year (which is a shame because I bought both last year). I'm not a big fan of the G1 figures (no matter what massive nostalgia for the characters I have personally -I owned the Seacons as a kid- I just can't get past their lack of articulation) so I'm passing on the Seacons. As for Nightbeat... while I like the character, dig the head remold and think the new paint scheme is excellent... I can't get past the fact that I absolutely hate any and all Powerlinking deluxe and voyager molds from Energon (with the one exception being the Tow-Line mold). HATE HATE HATE! Though, it's freakin' Nightbeat so I guess I may give it a try... if nothing else I'm sure I could always resell him on eBay if I get it and don't like it.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2008
  6. Crimson Guard

News Credits:
    Just looking over the pictures again, and I realized that Snarl is in fact Wave 3, not Wave 2. That's what I get for watching the Tiger game while I type.

7. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So, there's four figures in wave 3 than?

8. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

Snarl is love.

9. Crimson Guard

News Credits:
    That's what the little caption boxes by the figures says.

10. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:

Huh. Guess that means maybe we'll be seeing Snarl on eBay before Soundwave? Wouldn't mind that, more time to save for a Soundwave.

Don't mind that, more time to save for the Seacons. :lol 

11. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    man, we've got characters who we knew about from that start that we haven't seen figures of yet, but Oil Slick keeps getting thrown out there, front and center.

12. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cool. Was just wondering if you might have mixed up one of the other ones too, but now that I think about it that sounds about right. Seems like with deluxes there's always about four in the first wave, two in the second wave and than four or five in the third wave... at least I definently remember Cybertron being that way.

13. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Swoop???

14. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    That would make sense. The wave one cases are Lockdown x2, Bumblebee x2, Prime x2, and Prowl x2. I'd guess the wave 2 cases would be something like Blackarachnia x2, Ratchet x2, and one of each of the wave one figures, or possibly 3 of Ratchet/BA and maybe 1 of two of the others. Then wave 3 pops up with 2 of each of the wave 3 figs.

15. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    So when exactly do guys like Leader Bulkhead start showing up then?

Also, I officially hate Peaugh and his sig image, which mocks me. Hurry up and be in stores, toys!

16. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    Word. I'm going to take a credit card hit at Botcon. I should be good by then. :D 

17. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

I must have missed before that Soundwave is only a deluxe.

And Snarl is PURE love.

I just hope the delays aren't too extended between waves.

18. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Awww... when I saw "Club Figures Delayed" in the thread title, I thought maybe they were figuring out a way to put antennae on Nightbeat. No such luck.

Honestly, I would be happy if every Nightbeat figure just had two little holes drilled in its head and two little ear-guns were included. Sure, it's a mod that most anyone could do themselves, but at least that way it would be "official" and I wouldn't have to wring my hands over the idea of customizing a limited-edition toy. :p 

EDIT: Oh, and good to see that Snarl is a deluxe. I'm glad Grimlock is a Voyager, but I was hoping the two dino-sidekicks would be smaller (mostly for space and cost issues).

19. Crimson Guard

News Credits:
    Yeah, I had never really thought about the wave breakdowns like that before, but going off the last few lines that seems about right. I always seem to prefer the deluxe scale figures, but hopefully soon (Botcon) we'll start seeing some of the bigger figures.

20. citoria

citoria Lord Dragon Master

Guess no leaders till wave 4? Looks like ebay is gonna be my source for leader megs.