New TF5 listings in toys r us computer, including multiple masterpieces AND planet cybertron!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Prime135, Jan 11, 2017.

1. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Not true. It's because Voyager Bumblebee comes in another Code Name other than Saturn. You may notice even Optimus Prime has another Code Name other than Jupiter. Voyager Bumblebee is Voyager Scorn's partner and is on Wave 3. You can double check with Nevermore's code list.

2. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Maybe, all we need is wait to see what really is the tlk line......

3. SilverOptimus

News Credits:
    Still unconfirmed. Other sites assume it by the banner seen at Toy Fair where Hasbro stated "See you at HasCon 2017" which possibly indicate they'll skip SDCC. But the registration for SDCC 2017 only just began. We can only get a confirmation once the Exhibitor List is posted on the official SDCC website. Until then it's a 50:50 chance. But I do have a feeling they'll skip it as they need to focus more on HasCon 2017 which is their own convention and has more control and more freedom than SDCC.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Would that give them time to reveal future waves for TLK?

5. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Maybe.

Remember that they still need to reveal the combiner set, the planet cybertron, the other mpm figures, and the possible leader dragonstorm.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Yes, Leader Dragonstorm sounds good (Never mentioned it before, but Dragonstorm in the trailer makes me think of Tyrune from Mystic Knights). I'm just shaking with the future of the new characters having their own Deluxe or Voyager toy.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I just want that to know that they aren't making it with a BAD chrome on a BAD places, that's what killed grimlock for me

8. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Sometimes I wish they made the Voyager bigger and called that the Leader Class.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Jalaguy

Jalaguy Crusadercon

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    All of those except Dragonstorm are TRU exclusives, so will probably just get revealed on the Transformers Facebook page or something. They might even just unceremoniously turn up in stores in the Phillipines before ever being properly announced, as stuff sometimes does.

• Like Like x 2
  10. SilverOptimus

News Credits:
    Indeed. I'm concerned that people has taken the statement "This is just less than half the line" as gospel. Many believe the revealed 3/4 Waves is half the line and that there may be as much as 6 or even 8. While it is good if it does come true, I hardly believe Hasbro will do it as only Q2 is allocated to Hasbro's TLK Revenue.

The thing is we only saw very few "Gimmick" toys such as 1-Steps and 3-Steps. So the rest of the "Half the line" may very well be those Gimmick toys.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Jalaguy

Jalaguy Crusadercon

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Yeah, I don't see that there's any real reason to believe this line will be any longer than AOE. If anything, with RID Combiner Force continuing all year, there's reason to think they'd keep it shorter.

I worry that lots of people are setting themselves up for disappointment with their wildly unrealistic expectations.

12. gigtigre

gigtigre Well-Known Member

What about the rumored mp-10 hasbro reissue?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Jalaguy

Jalaguy Crusadercon

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    It's not just rumoured, Hasbro released stock photos for it during Toy Fair. We don't know anything else about when it'll come out, though it might get debuted at TRU's SDCC stand like previous Hasbro MPs have.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    We know by the leaked listings that the price is 150$ if im correct.

15. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't find it interesting, I find it to be a telling sign. The movies aren't the big moneymakers they once were, here in the States. CHUG (currently under the banner of Titans Return) has proven staying power. Sure, they swapped it out on movie years, but they always came back to it and the figures sold. Some of them are now rarer than others and still command a higher than retail price, even loose. Hasbro is admitting that we adults have a financial impact (finally) and not every adult collector is focused on the movie toys.

Nostalgia, for whatever reason, has become the breadwinner for the non movie years. That's a good thing, really. Stinger's a bit of a problem because last I heard, Pagani wouldn't sign off on the Deluxe, just certain uses of the design, such as the 1-Step. (If anyone can correct that or confirm it, that'd be great. Thanks, in advance.)

RID is proof that kids are still into Transformers, somewhat, and that adults are also collecting these. The video reviewers sure are and I go for the Warrior Class figures all the time. Heck, I even have a couple of 1-Steps, the TRU Megatronus and a couple of the Deployers. That funds other projects, so you WANT that line to continue, believe me.

It wasn't just Hasbro having a hand in the demise of Animated. Cartoon Network had some say in it and the stores wanted more movie product over filler lines, so blame CN and Walmart/Target/TRU for that. Plus, you have to remember, the first movie came out in 2007, was a smash hit and the toys couldn't stay on the shelves, followed by Animated in 2008 with the promise of another movie in 2009. If you were Walmart and you had a toy that was GUARANTEED to sell, or a line of toys that did "okay", which one would you pick? Movie. (Oh, please, don't give me a bullcrap line saying you'd have chosen Animated. Stores go where the money is and you know it.)

As for RID? It's a continuation of Prime, so it's getting by on just that alone. Movie years make a LOT more money than non movie years and the retailers want that dough, so yeah, they'll kill what's good in favor of what's selling. We learned that the hard way with Animated, we should no longer be surprised that it happens, now. We should expect it, rather.

As of right now, that seems to be where it's going since Hasbro has yet to confirm anything but their con. I wouldn't be surprised if they do go to SDCC, it's a great way to sell the movies, shows and toys. Not to mention, there have always been SDCC TF exclusives for the better part of a decade, now. If Hasbro wants money, they'll go there, it'd be crazy not to.

I've been wrong before though, so Hasbro may indeed surprise us and not show up. If that's the case, they must really be banking on their con doing gangbusters business. So, who knows?

16. Toxin715

Toxin715 Active Member

where was that info at, anything added?

17. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Is from the leaked pics from Toys R US, but that one i can't find it anymore

18. gigtigre

gigtigre Well-Known Member

Where could I see the pics?
    Will it be a toys r US exclusive or will it be availlable in other web stores?

19. Jalaguy

Jalaguy Crusadercon

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Bottom of the page here:

Toy Fair 2017 Stock Photos Revealed! | The Allspark

Unchanged from the original Hasbro release, looks like.

I believe it's confirmed TRU-exclusive by a store listing, just like all recent Hasbro MPs.

20. Toxin715

Toxin715 Active Member

Thank you, so im guessing this will be another grimlock situation where I have to be at Tru at 4 or 5 am