New TF5 listings in toys r us computer, including multiple masterpieces AND planet cybertron!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Prime135, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    Bumblebee is the movie 1 design, the masterpieces are to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the movie. If they do Megatron, he'll be the same height as he was in that movie. I'd say there's a 95% chance Saturn is barricade at this point.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Burnout00012

Burnout00012 SKREEEEEEEOONK

I literally have the exact opposite problem every time a movie releases. I wish it were that easy for me.

3. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    But when they do (if) a megatron with the first movie design, i just hope they make a removable head, why? Because it would be awesome that they made some heads with the different design they made during the production of the movie, this....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(If they made a megatron masterpiece, i don't think it can be better than THIS FRKN MASTERPIECE.)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "Cybertron" could be a code name like Mars and Saturn. Also the goal is not to trick us but the average buyer.

• Like Like x 1
  5. combinerlover

combinerlover MONSTRUCTOR's BFF ;)

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The stor
    es here in Kingsport TN don`t have that habit . thank the God`s .

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I'm starting to dig out my AOE figures, just waiting with excitement of what to see for TLK line.

7. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Scale Charts are pointless.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't know who edited the TFWiki movie Optimus toy page, but they mistakenly put the Voyager figure in the Masterpiece section.

Who makes a mistake like that?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    LOL THAT'S TRUE!!!!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  9. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

The average buyer is still going to be someone who has actually seen the movie and will likely know they hadn't seen a giant dinosaur city in it. You don't have to obsess over the property and hang out on forums to actually know what you've seen and what you didn't see in the movie.

10. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    Not to mention the HUGE clash in aesthetic. I mean it worked with the first movie, but a $160 Dinosaur is more noticable.

11. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Chances are, you're right. I wouldn't bet against it. That said, both Combiner Wars and Titans Return have been big sellers for Hasbro and helped them have a big non movie quarter with some pretty sizeable sales numbers. With that in mind and they now know they need to meet the demands of the adult collector as well as those of children and casual fans, they may have the TR line run alongside TLK's. They might just have a smaller TLK selection this year, perhaps Hasbro will request it.

You have to remember, CW and TR have been keeping them afloat and then some since movieverse went on a 3 year hiatus, it's not as easy to put it on the back burner at this point. Walmart will probably dig in their heels, but Target won't. Target has PRN and PR The Movie stuff running concurrently, there's no reason why they wouldn't do the same for Transformers.

12. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not going to say that you two are wrong but some people won't care. They want a movie toy for their child and this box has the movie dressing so it'll do.

13. w1n1fred

w1n1fred Banned

News Credits:
    So instead of bothering to even read the title of this thread you are posting on, you just chose to talk out of your ass and tell people they were wrong. Congrats, you are now the prototypical TF fan.

Unless you cant read, and in that case, I am sorry. Don't listen to others, its not too late to go back to school and learn to read. You arent alone, 20% of Americans are illiterate.

14. Wh33ls

Wh33ls Original G1 kid, and loves Beasties as much, eh!

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    That's pretty low, dude. If he can type messages on a forum, he can read. I know you were making a point, but that was a condescending below the belt hit.

Not cool.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mercutio

Mercutio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm unreasonably excited to see all the new toys revealed in the next month or so.

Wonder if Movie Masterpiece Optimus will be a new mold or the 5,897th release of the ROTF leader.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    There might be something at the London Toy Fair next week. Just that there is no pictures allowed. I just want to know if all the new characters (Autobots and Decepticons) will have a Deluxe or Voyager toy.

• Like Like x 1
  17. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I bet it will be a new mold. Otherwise I'm surprised they won't through the trouble of making a new BB mold rather than just painting battle blades BB really properly.

• Like Like x 1
  18. combinerlover

combinerlover MONSTRUCTOR's BFF ;)

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Lol , actually I have concentration issues , this is actually true . But the fact I was jumping from thread to thread and people were some times discussing things other than said subject of the room , i merely responded ( I actually care so little , I can`t recall what this is even about .) so It`s cool and all you like to judge and go off of these preconceived notions you have about certain types of people in here , ( YOU FIT ONE YOUR SELF ;)  ) and it`s even cooler that you some how think that your superiority complex is going to just some how ruin my day , or yet justify some heiararchy or class system Between who`s a big fan to who is the ut most posh about the way they collect . See , people like you are sad little things that at some point in their life they became vocal , and aggressive , and any little thing that peeves you be it right or wrong , just sets you off like an A-BOMB .... But that`s were the being hypocritical part comes in to play , because I`m sure you make mistakes ? , right ? we all do , but just imagine if every time you turned around and had some thing you did become misconstrued , taken out of context ect ,,,, It wouldn`t be a very pleasing life would it ? So , I`m going to step back from your little pretentious bubble , step back in to the real world . But Don`t worry though , your not alone . , 20% of Americans are ass holes too . I`m sure there`s a school some were for that . Cheers :) 

19. w1n1fred

w1n1fred Banned

News Credits:
    But then that makes it so damn weird that Takara would rerelease the ROTF Leader this year when a new mold would be out.

20. Mercutio

Mercutio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Plus there's the fact that Bumblebee has never had a definitive screen-accurate mold. Whereas it's hard to imagine any new mold surpassing ROTF Optimus, arguably one of the best mainline figures Hasbro has ever produced, and at the peak of their engineering golden age, before the oversimplifications and budget cuts that plague their current creations. (Ie. I can't imagine a figure that impressive and complex being designed in the current climate.) But I'd love to be proven wrong!