NEW TF toys/sticker sheets

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Arcticwave, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Arcticwave

Arcticwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I'm really getting a kick out of the new Transformers that have been released lately, the tech in some of the transformations is INSANE! However I do miss the good old G1 figures and their sticker sheets that you needed to apply. Talk about fun factor!!! Yeah standing side by side you just can't compare.
    Imagine if some of these ROTF figures came with a full sticker sheet to apply. Am I alone in this??? Crazy???
    Maybe that is why Repro Labels is doing so well.

2. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I prefer paint over decals. I always used to slip, or put one on crooked, in the decal days.

3. dkrolickm

dkrolickm Beast Wars Predacon

Ebay:
    IMHO I hate stickers!
    I can't apply them right....
    It takes several applyings and unapplyings to get them straight!
    Plus they always fall off...

4. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I also prefer paint over decals. I collect GI Joe and the still use the whole sticker sheet and I always fuck up.

5. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

nope!

[​IMG]

i'm glad to be rid of the stickers - tampon print logos are much nicer and crisper the only stickers i miss are the shiny 'chromed' bits, and takara are filling that void. as it were.

6. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I HATE stickers... Like others have said, sometimes it's hard to get them right, and then if you transform the figure too many times they wear away. Painted figures all the way!

7. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I used to believe this. But Hasbro is really cheap on the details so I would love to have stickers again. Besides, stickers allow for customizing which give collectors(who aren't customizers) something more hobby-like to do.

I recently put stickers on MP Thundercracker and had a great time. Fully agreed with the OP.

8. Arcticwave

Arcticwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Throw some pics up of your MP if you have them, would love to see it!

I agree with the detail aspect, just that little extra on Hasbro's part could really make some of these figures pop. However I'm still hunting down new release after new release, they have me hooked!!

9. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Well, reprolabels makes add-on detailing sticker sheets for a number of movie / animated figures, so if you liked their designs you could have your cake and eat it too!

But I'm getting the feeling you already know about that, and wish that they'd come standard. It would be nice, at least with the bigger figures, I guess.

10. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I miss them too, paint can't match the detail of a good sticker, and these days the paint applications are pretty bad. It's not THAT hard to get them on straight - just use a tweezers or something and be careful.

11. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I just don't have the steady hands for it, man. The worst is when you go to put it on and are all super careful and then some static will grab the decal and part of it will stick to the toy in the wrong area, or it's off center, etc,.. then you peel it back and then the decal isn't as adhesive anymore. Just a mess.. for me anyway.