New TF Shirts @ Hot Topic

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Voiceroy, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
  2. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl I'm the Goddamed Two-Face

News Credits:
    Saw the BB shirt just the other day at my local HT. Might have to go back and pick it now seeing as how that aint a chick shirt. (Thought it was when I first saw it).

3. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Yeah, I wasn't fond of the color either. And chicks dig The Bee anyway, so I can see how you might've thought that. I don't usually buy lighter colored shirts though.

And that newer TF shirt for chicks is pretty dang cool. That's like the third vintage-style TF shirt Hot Topic has made for women in the last year that made me wish I could get away with wearing it. I asked my wife if I bought one for her would she wear it, and she declined. But dang did she look hot in it when she tried it on in the store.

I love that new retro G.I. Joe tee they got recently too -- the one with the Marvel comics #1 cover art. But my wife put the brakes on me buying any new Tees for a while. I do have a lot of them. Like over 200 a lot.

4. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I missed out on the old shirts, with Optimus' and Soundwave's chests as the shirt. Those were awesome. I wished they redistributed those shirts.

Might have to go for that Bumblebee shirt, though. That looks pretty good in a Wonder Years kind of way.

5. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    I send Stylin an email periodically to beg them to put those back into circulation. They had the Soundwave chest one back in stock for a short while, but only in SM and MD, dangit.

6. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl I'm the Goddamed Two-Face

News Credits:
    Gives off a definite 70's/disco/little miss sunshine kinda vibe. I like it. I'm gonna get me a medium. (Being skinny rocks!)

7. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Wow. Bumped from the news forum. I suppose I shouldn't whine, but I'll just say that it seems random and inconsistent that 4 different times this year T-shirts have been frontpaged as news -- including a light-up TFA one for kids that most fans here likely wouldn't even buy. And yet this post, which includes not just one shirt like those other posts, but four brand-new TF graphic tees, gets relegated to the Gen Discussion Forum.

But I guess that's what I get for posting it the same day there are ROTF articles in two major publications.

Or maybe it has something to do with Stylin' Online being a sponsor and potentially "in competition" with Hot Topic. Seems relatively unlikely to me since like many collectors I buy from both, and Stylin' has 10X the product volume of any other vendor. And they generally have better quality product too.

Oh well.

8. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If most of these shirts were just one size bigger they would be perfect. I get 2x's sometimes but I have the feeling that someone is behind me pulling my shirt tight if you what I mean. A few inches of breathing room makes a difference.

It's like going to target and laughing seeing Superhero and vintage cartoon shirts in slim fit athletic xxs. I think wow this must be for the guy that can and will switch jeans with his girlfriend and thinks its cool that he weighs next to nothing. In other words it's kinda bunk they don't make fan shirts in true fan sizes.:p 

9. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Actually, I often go to Target and find that their shirts come in nothing smaller than a medium. Bugs me a lot as I can't be the only person going through that section that wears a size small finding nothing available in a size small.

10. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    That looks like the art Don Figueroa did for Hasbro licensing. Similar art has been used on Hasbro's Universe site and that Kinnerton advent calendar.

11. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    You don't see AllSpark promoting TFW2005 site updates, or vice verca, do you?

Same general thing here.

12. ArmedonLSD

ArmedonLSD TFW2005 Supporter

Funny I feel just the opposite way. I have and always will be a tiny skrawny guy. I am not a wimp, since i've been a machinist for the past two years handling aluminum molds that weigh twice as much as me but It just seems that what however i work out on my body i cant ever get more muscle.

Anyways i'm always dissapointed that they make way to many xl's and 2xl's. All the fan shirts i love i can never just get in a medium.

13. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I bought an Optimus button up club shirt (it was the DW Prime kneeling on the Autobot logo) at Hot Topic years ago.
    best one ever. I lucked out because it was an XL and on sale for half off the 45 bucks posted.

i hate going in to Hot Topic.
    the clerk at the counter is always a size -XXS (3 sizes below 0) and the largest size in the place is a Medium.

usually, the clerks give us normal sized folks looks like we are outcasts for being a bit bigger than medium. hate that.

but i still go there because i like to get my nieces a cool T once isn a while.

that starscream shirt looks kinda "My Little Pony"-ish to me.

14. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

you guys should check out 80stees.com, they've got shirts there I've never seen anywhere else. I got a pacman belt for christmas from there, and I think I'm about to get some more of their stuff.