New TF: Prime footage/press release from USA Today

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Brodimus Prime, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Chevluh

Chevluh Well-Known Member

Really? Have you watched the CG TV series that get aired nowadays? I think you're having a distorted perception of what "today's standards" are on TV, or mistakenly using movie standards.

2. DevilGalvatron

DevilGalvatron Purple planet popper

It reminds me of BEAST MACHINES! It even has drones!! And that series was really popular! :rolleyes2  So my question..when to we get to see what happened where G1 left off on "The Rebirth" or even Beast Machines? Can we get back to the best established continuity please? Are we just going to continue to see people re-launching the same concept over and over? It's fun to dream. I'll give the new show a chance but it's not looking good IMO.

3. Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo Bonecrusher Hates You

News Credits:

Umm. Yes. Yes it is.

KIDS. CARTOON.

4. Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo Bonecrusher Hates You

News Credits:
    Never. Over and done. Get used to the idea - it's been done with for 15 years now, and that ain't changing.

5. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Quite, and Nolan's cinematographer Wally Pfister said Nolan is a big Bay fan. Filmmakers are never as pendantic as the fan bases.

Besides, if you want G1 then watch the Japanese cartoons, read the comics, honestly, there's far more G1 than anything else out there, hell the first phase of this continuity (WFC) was completely G1 in aesthetic, now let's see something new (Arcee, Cliffjumper, Soundwave, all fresh takes on their appearances).

6. tfmad2010

tfmad2010 Oh Hai Internet!

News Credits:
    Decent fight scene :) .

7. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Damn, the Eradicons have to be the best design from this show, hands down. Shame it's wasted on cannon fodder; the head design alone would have been a perfect fit for Soundwave. Maybe even the body as well.

Indeed. Not even Resolute was THAT violent.

QFT.

8. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    Ok first impressions.

I really hope thats not final footage because it looks very unfinished.

The characters seem to be floating ontop of the environment, theres no depth of field and everything seem just a little to crisp and sharp even when things should be out of focus a little.

I dissagree with the comments about the characters having no weight though. While undoubtable they need to have more weight about them what they have animated into them is hidden by over used shakey-cam effect.

But I think my biggest problem is with current look the charcters themselves.
    They're just too damn shiney and texture less. Its looking like early machinewars without the background detail (based on that clip and the previous clip we've seen) and that was all 9 years ago.

I'm really hoping that this is not from final footage and they'll surprise us today with a final product which looks much better. I want to like this show damnit I like the designs for the autobots and megatron but the rest i just don't like

9. MenasorMaster

MenasorMaster Stunticon Warrior

that sucked. Not only the CGI is bad, but it seems that even in this continuty the autobots are unstoppable killing machines and again we will see lot of decepticons clones. :crazy:  the autobot fighting style especially arcee's is exorbitant

10. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    Textures are lacking...it still boggles the mind how 14 years later Beast Wars STILL blows everythign else CGI on tv out of the water.

11. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I agree. But I wondered how many pages of bitching (by animation experts) I'd have to weed through before I saw it ;) 

No, he just wanted to use the word, "Sub-Par"

12. springerbee

springerbee Well-Known Member

If they're gonna tear Decepticons apart like this in the show, I can't wait :) 

13. Challenger

Challenger Loves Bumblebee

News Credits:
    It looks pretty good! I can't wait to see how it'll look when the animation/lighting/etc are completely finished.

14. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :thumb 

The only good Decepticon is a dead Decepticon.

Are people really still asking this kind of stuff, after like 15 years or so of new continuities and start overs? REALLY??

This is how this franchise works. If you don't know or can't accept this by now I don't know what to tell you.

15. vincheng2k5

vincheng2k5 Beast Wars movie = dream come true

Beast Wars characters didn't move that fluidly either if you think about it, so I won't fault TF Prime for that. The character is really going to have to come from the voice acting and the stories. I'm still cautiously optimistic about this series, but it rather seems rushed and more of a movie cash-in than a proper TV show.

I mean, we still haven't heard of the toyline, and I'm worried this show will suffer the same lack of marketing pull that hurt Animated. If Hasbro is going to have a TV show with a toyline, they shouldn't do it half-heartedly.

16. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    That looks radical.

BB's eyes are pretty frickin weird though. Bring on Transformers Prime.

17. AshesG

AshesG The worst seeker.

Beast Era: Pupils
    Animated: Chins
    Prime: Eyebrows

Loved Bumblebee's surprised face when the giant energon mining drill was coming at him in the end.

18. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The 'Hasbro Studios' fireworks bit makes me think "Disney."

The cartoon makes me think 'Playstation 2."

19. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That unfinished test footage I hope. I think I'll just stick to the new Avengers cartoon.

20. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    The music reminds me of Mass Effect 2's theme, which is a very good thing.

Well, any doubts I had about the animation and action are dashed, so let's see if the plot and voice acting will live up to expectations.