New TF names in the Wally World system

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Inciteful, Mar 28, 2010.

1. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

I find this awesome, intriguing and awesome.

2. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

I'm guessing Axor is a Lockdown repaint, just because it kinda fits.

3. ChrisW

ChrisW Well-Known Member

We saw Jetblade's bio at ToyFair:

So Terradive is a deluxe Decepticon while Tomahawk is a deluxe Autobot. The bio suggests that Jetblade and Terradive are fast while Tomahawk is slow. I'm guessing Terradive is a jet like Jetblade, while a helicopter sounds possible for Tomahawk. On the other hand, maybe Tomahawk's a repaint of Hailstorm that can fire 8 Tomahawk missiles.

4. wylungz

wylungz Well-Known Member

i might be blind but i dont see Leader class Starscream

5. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think I'm the only one that would kill for a Green and Purple Stratosphere as he's the one mold that I really wanted but never picked up from ROTF, and his colors... OOoooh XD. Lugnut's one of my favorite toys from Animated so any sort of homage, new mold or not is totally welcome. Although he may not even be an animated homage, though it's unlikely.

I'm trying to think of what could be New Molds or not, as I'm not sure of the ratio that was present in Last years "Goldmine" of Walmart Numbers. Strafe, Banzaitron and certainly the new deluxes would be great to see as new molds, the Twin Boom thing would have to be unless they repurposed Incinerator.

Grapple would be a nice redeco of Inferno, although I was really gunning for a Hot Spot.

6. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    I'm sure Hasbro isn't going to make this, but fingers crossed for a Scrapper figure.. or in the future..(Voyager)

:eek: 

7. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Awesome, does that means that the toylien will be released early and nto in fall like they sayed on toyfair?

to abd i have to wait MONTHS for this toylien to come here on guatemala

8. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    Must not have being paying too much attention to Toy Fair because Bumblebee is new to me.

9. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    well this is a new toylien of the movieverse so we migth see the rest of the constructicons

10. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Sunspot=FUCK YEA! Wonder if Twin Boom Fighter means voyager Starscream repaint into Thundercracker? He is the only movie seeker missing from ROTF. Terradrive and Tomahawk sound like Thrust repaints to me...or at least 1. I think Strafe will be a G2 inspired repaint of Mindwipe. Or Mindwipe repainted into G2 Air Raid colors but CALLED Strafe, similar to how the Classics Jetfire repaint from the Botcon 07 set was painted in Darkwind's colors but the mold was more fitting for Darkwing.

I HOPE Sunspot is new instead of a repaint of Rollbar(Rollbar's head is Prime-esque).

I hope Lugnut is an all NEW mold and an homage to the Animated version like ROTF Lockdown was to his Animated counterpart. That kind of bone to the fans is cool in my book.

11. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    Excited about the Battle Blades BB... :) 

Hubcap is a repaint of what mold? Or is it a new one?

12. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That seems like a bit of a stretch. But then we've seen some weird pseudonyms for toys in Walmart's system, so who knows?

There has been a TC in the RotF line, though: in the K-mart-exclusive "War for the Skies" Legends 4-pack.

13. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Hmm IIRC the original listing for Mindwipe in the Walmart comps was "NEST Fighter Plane" or something similar. I was thinking the booms referred to sonic booms, and that's a somewhat fitting description for Thundercracker.

As far as there being another Thundercracker, I think Hasbro is okay with making 2 versions of the same character in the same line, aside from the main guys. For example, they released the deluxe Bludgeon as part of a 2 pack at TRU but also released the mass market voyager Bludgeon.

14. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Oh, no doubt. But you said TC was "missing from ROTF". He's not. :) 

15. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    What the hell are you trying to do ? cause a Riot? The Fan rage over the Generations Thrust was bad enough :lol 

interesting stuff if strafe or Lugnut turn out to be Stratosphere repaints maybe they will come with the Space Shuttle gun in place of Micro Prime.

Honestly im withholding judgement til we get some pictures which won't likely be until Botcon unless a few leak out.

16. Anti Spark

Anti Spark It'S DUB Or Nothing!

News Credits:
    I like the fact that there allot of unknowns! More Surprises!

17. Squallte

Squallte Summoner of Shiva

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Loving this news!!! Love that they're re-using names like Strafe, Lugnut, Banzitron, Elita-1, and Grappel.

Anyone else notice that they're saying "Decepticon Banzi-Tron" instead of just "Banzi-Tron"??? Think they lost the rights to that name somehow???

Very interesting use of other names like Firetrap, Sunspot, and Oil-Pan. Hope some of these are female transformers since we get sooo few of them! We need more bad girls like Blackarachnia, Crasher, and Thunderblast! They make for good story!

I do hope that some of these are more Universe-type molds instead of ALL Movie-verse stuff. But if they come out as good as ROTF Lockdown, bring them on!

18. Sorrow Six Star

Sorrow Six Star 3 2 1 Countach!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ooh sunspot... promising name! sounds exciting!

oilpan doesn't sound exciting.. it's something that's a pain to remove when you need to service it...

19. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    I'm almost betting Strafe is going to be a repaint of Mindwipe. and Firetrap or Sunspot is going to be his partner (skystalker repaint)

20. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Heheh, just speculatin'. Not saying they'll update the Botcon Banzai-tron for general release, but if they went the same route with the Botcon Classics Seekers, why not for other characters?

On a related note, what if they redecoed Movie Wreckage for Banzai-tron instead?