New TF Club Magazines arriving-- news

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Beastbot X, Jan 27, 2007.

1. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    Since the content for the club magazine has already been revealed by Pete, I'll just stick to the news we haven't heard of yet:

-The Astrotrain/Airazor exclusives have been delayed for about a month, and Master Collector will get them in late February and ship them out soon afterwards.

-The first picture of Titanium Cheetor is beast mode is shown. It's easily the best beast mode this version of the character has ever had. It looks considerably sleeker than previous versions, as well as more mechanical and less technorganic. The beast head also looks younger than on previous versions of the toy. Also, in case you're wondering, the swords store on the sides of the rear legs in beast mode. There are also nice, clear pictures of War Within Ultra Magnus, WWI Megatron, and WWI Sunstorm in robot mode.

-In an interview with the people in charge of the Titanium line, beyond what is known so far, they also said to look for more "fan-favorite" WWI characters later in the year, and, depending on the line's success, they would like to do some "Cybertronian forms" and Classics versions of characters too.

2. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, if you got yours I should have mine either today or tomorrow! :thumb 

Sucks that Airazor and Astrotrain have been delayed about a month, but at least we can have faith the MC will deliver.

As for the Titaniums... we were told at last year's Botcon that they had plans to do a 6" WWI Grimlock later in the line. I remember it being big news even though there were no pictures to go along with it, but I'm surprised the designers didn't mention it in the interview at all. Still, I'd like to see more WWI characters as well as characters from other lines in there. Although, I wonder if by Classic they mean G1 or the actual Classics line? If by new renditions of G1 ala Scourge, Rodimus Prime and Soundwave than great, but if we're talking Classics... that seems rather pointless to me personally.

3. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    As well as WW, lets see some other comics only deisgns while they're current. Evolutions 1 Shockwave is both cool and doable. ;) 

4. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd love to see any rendition of "Hearts of Steel" even the dinosaur modes that we saw in the opening before the TFs all went into hybernation... those would rock hard too...

5. Beastbot X

News Credits:
    It seemed to me by the particular wording he meant G1 characters, but redone in the Classics style-- i.e., still recognizable as the character, but not slavish to the G1 design.

6. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Mine arrived today as well.

Pete wasn't exaggerating when he said we would be pleased with this one. It's easily the best issue of the club magazine yet. It includes a nice variety of topics, as well as good info and pics... and most impressive is the fact that they're pictures we haven't seen yet!

7. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cool. I wonder if they're based on unused Classics designs ala the Cosmos sketch art that we saw? And if that's the case maybe would could see Cosmos later...

8. Beastbot X

News Credits:
    Ooo, that would rock.

9. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    thanks! FP'd and credited!

10. Somebody

Somebody ReBoot

News Credits:
    Why not make them his tail, as even the show did? Sounds very clunky.

So, more toys like Rodimus Prime (vs G1 R-Prime, as Classics-Rodimus is to G1 Hot Rod) then?

11. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    I can only imagine the fan outcry if 3H was still the company holding the Fanclub and Convention license instead of FP.

Sounds great ... if it means more toys like Tit Rodimus Prime. :) 

-airfox

12. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So basically, Classics will merge into Titanium?

Sweet.

13. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I wonder which week of February I'll get my club magazine in.

14. Sarge

Sarge Autobot Squad Leader

News Credits:
    Titaniums I want to see the most:

G1 Galvatron
    G1 Cyclonus
    BW Black Arachnia

Then this line will have done its job far past my expectations.

15. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Perhaps, except for the fact that MC already has a good track record of giving you what they say they will. 3H on the other hand... not so much...

16. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    So, does this kinda confirm that the Classics line is still on?

17. airfox

News Credits:
    So did 3H, up until 02 or 03 IIRC (don't remember which was the convention with the delay on the Unicron statue). And when they lost the license, they were about to mail the Sentinel Maximus, so IMHO it seemed you were gonna get the toy as shipped by 3H, but delayed.

-airfox

18. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    We could go a couple of rounds about this -and I think some of us have-, but it's pointless and not the purpose of this thread. So, I'll agree to disagree with you on this. 3H is in the past and MC is today. Nuff said.

19. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    At the risk of dragging this further off-topic:

I'm not one to make Glen out to be the uber-villain some do, but I've got to disagree on that part of your post. As I understand it, 3H didn't have Sent Max's packaging ready at all, so there's no way they were about to mail them out.

Back on topic:
    Hooray for new club mag! Very eager to receive this one. Hooray again for the continuation of the 6" Titaniums -- the line has turned into quite a nice one. (I even like Soundwave. :p  )

20. airfox

News Credits:
    We can agree on that. ;) 

I don't get why you wouldn't agree on 3H having a good track record prior to the Unicron Statue thing, but whatever.

Poor wording on my part.

They had the product on their warehouses, as reported by themselves. They also reported they didn't have the package ready, because (as claimed by Glen) it wasn't approved by Hasbro. That last part could very well have been PR spin on his part, but it still stands that it seemed the intention was to ship the product once the packaging was ready, hence my comment about them being 'about to mail the Sentinel Maximus' when Hasbro pulled the license. It still stands that it seemed we were gonna get the toy shipped by 3H but with delays.

I don't see how was that situation different than the current delay with Astrotrain and Airazor, except for the fact that this is the very first delay (that I remember) from the club as run by Fun Publications.

Wonder when I'll get mine. I'm very eager to see it because of Pete's posts regarding the new format.

-airfox