New tf animated pics (i think)

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by soundwave47, Sep 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soundwave47

soundwave47 Remember Me?

are these new pics?
    [​IMG]

2. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    the one of optimus is new to me - i've seen the rest. :) 

3. adam-x

adam-x megazord activate,,

old

4. decepticon665

decepticon665 the amazing bored-man!

old,yes,but not bad pics,all told.nice megatrons.

5. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm sure there's plenty of people that haven't seen them despite them being "old"

Thread might not stay open though

6. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    The Optimus one is new to me, but it's a badly edited one, worse than the Megatron one.

7. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

I am not sure what to call this type of art work for the TFs but I love how we are getting actual Transforming figures of these guys. I am definatly getting all of these.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    They were placeholder covers for the books.

Regardless, they are old, and this thread may not stay open. I think what people think is, if everyone posted old pictures just because 'some people may not have seen them', I guess we'd be flooded with repeated news.

9. Ktulu

News Credits:
    yarp

Prime looks as if he was taken from a frame of animation, whereas the Megatron image might simply be part of an animation model, that's my best guess anyway, but both are exactly as they'll look in the cartoon

10. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    When is animated going to get it's own forum with stickies to post all photos, news bits, rumors etc, in anyway? And I'll say it right now, save all final opinions for in motion and finished epsiodes. Best not to have to eat your own words like the movie caused many people to do.

11. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    No dude unfourtently so I guess this is before lock

12. Ktulu

News Credits:
    Did Cybertron and other cartoons before it have exclusive forums? I don't remember anything like that, but I could be mistaken.

13. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Actually, that's a pretty good assumption from what I can see. The image of Prime is pretty bad compared to other pics of the same character I've seen, but could easily come from a single frame of an animated scene/sequence. I've seen/worked enough animation to know that a lot of individual drawings from a sequence can look pretty poor, even if the motion itself looks quite good. Megatron does look like a neutral model sheet pose to me. Still hoping there's an arm cannon that's been omitted in that image. (if it is from a model sheet, the cannon could in theory be drawn separately for the sake of showing shape/detail properly, and whoever used the image might not have realized the two parts were supposed to go together)

14. Ktulu

News Credits:
    I think given how that right arm is posed it's very possible a cannon is supposed to be sitting on it, but it's just speculation of course. Makes since though given that the Cybertronian one has a cannon of sorts - why would such a big part of the design totally disappear? I doubt it would, especially when you consider how close that Earth-mode design is to the old G1 design. Blah and blah.

I wish more people realized a still image from an animated show or feature is no way to judge how well the animation was done. Some guy was telling me a while ago how bad Akira was animated for example - but he'd never actually seen it! He was just showing me stills he had found. "Eww I'm not gonna watch that it has terrible animation, look!" Gonk. Totally impossible to judge how fluidly the animators made the characters move by just looking at one blurred frame out of hundreds or more :redface2: 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.