New Test shots for Movie - Arcee, Dreadwing, and 2008 Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Covain, May 12, 2007.

1. Glitch

Glitch Well-Known Member

News Credits:

That new Bumblebee is pure sexy!

:) 

2. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I found my movie bumblebee figure. Might pass of the old camaro BB completely after seeing this.

Arcee looks strange and I think the asymmetric head is supposed to mimic a ponytail or a beret or something. Not too impressive, but might change my mind when I see her in person.

3. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    It looks like he has both hands, because you can see a central handle on the weapon which fit into his open-sculpted hands.

4. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

I like '08 Bumblebee a lot more then '74 BB. Arcee is interesting enough to buy if only for the lovely bike mode. The jet drone still has enough problems in robot mode for me to skip.

5. Phy

Phy I want... ROOM SERVICE!!

News Credits:
    I'd call it a step up.

6. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    08 Bumblebee looks great all-around.

Arcee looks awesome. Awesome to the MAX. Except for her comb-over on her head, I don't know WHAT that's about.

Dreadwing looks considerably better with his arms properly transformed, now. His legs are still WAY too small, but other than that he looks pretty cool now.

7. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Dreadwings legs are still a bit scrawny, but flybots don't need no legs anyways

8. Glitch

Glitch Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When you see it in person, it will look MUCH better. For some reason, the camera flash makes the painted surfaces look lighter than the other plastic color. I think it's the way the light is reflected back to the lens off of the two different surfaces.

It was the same way with Jazz. Someone posted a pic of theirs on these boards a few days ago that made the top of the car look MUCH lighter than the other parts. However, when I look at mine sitting here in front of me, everything matches perfectly.

Anyway, don't be fooled by cheap flash pics.

:) 

9. Scraggin

Scraggin Banned

Glitch, can you confirm for us then if the 08 Bumblebee's chest Transforms more accurate to the movie than these pics, as the 2 gap lines imply?

10. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I wonder if that was the design for Arcee before she was cut from the script.

I have to say that especially after seeing Arcee, I really don't like the facial designs. They're so freakin' ugly. And the "hair" on her just looks odd.

11. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    To be fair, its quite difficult to do, and happens on all TF toys where clear parts need to be painted, yet the opaque plastic that is supposed to be the same colour, isn't.

Sometimes even fully-painted toys such as Binaltechs have different paint tones and textures when parts made of different materials (eg, the plastic portions of Lambor and Tracks).

12. Ironhide546

Ironhide546 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bumblebee is truly an Alternator in deluxe size, amazing.

Although I own and love classics Bumblebee for being the first G1 looking Bumblebee in forever, when you put it next to the movie BB, the Camaro just seems like so much more bang for your $10.

13. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    The face reminds me of the Terminatrix from T-3

14. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Arcee is okay, but is one Movie figure I don't plan on picking up. Dreadwing is a lot better looking in that pic than in the stock Hasbro pics, I'll definitely be getting Dreadwing. '08 Bumblebee is awesome, another definite addition to my collection.

15. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bumblebee is looking good, the other two are terrible.

16. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    BB 08 is just incredible. It makes me so sad that I have to wait until Wave 2 and possibly later waves to get him. He is the BB I am waiting for, I knew it would pay off. Based on those pics alone he already is my fav deluxe. Loads better than the 74 BB. Acree=No pickup for me. Dreadwing=Although scrawny is nice.

17. Scraggin

Scraggin Banned

I think they'd have 08 Bumblebee earlier on than you think, but he'll be shortpacked, like Black Costume Spider-man. You'll have to wait until later waves until he gets better distribution.

Bumblebee is pretty much the main character of the movie. Only having one figure of him is kind of like only having one Wolverine in the biggest X-men line ever from the get-go. I would say he's a wave 1.5 or 2 figure, coming out on the weekend of the movie.

Remember, you can't leave anything too long with the movie. Waves will possibly be twice the size of current TF ones, more comparable to the original G1 TFs. They need to have as much TF product on the shelves as possible, and as much to choose from as possible. I would say that within 3 months the vast majority of the movie product would be released, ending in more obscure movie styled G1 chars(from the video game) and repaints, with another burst when the DVD is released.

18. a person

a person Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    2008 Bumblebee:- Awesome in both modes I think this is now my 2nd favourite Deluxe ever (Swindle is number1).
    Dreadwing:- Nice alt mode but I dont like his bot mode, I will buy him though.
    Arcee:-Awesome alt mode but the bot mode is weird, I will buy it.

19. MythofBlackout

MythofBlackout In Existential Crisis Mode

News Credits:
    Well, if Don's artwork from the first prequel comic is any indication, that's probably what the concept designers based her on. That's a great model, IMO for a female robot.

I like Arcee except that the magenta is too bright. I'll definitely buy her if I can find her.

Dreadwing still sucks. It's not a bad design just bad execution.

BB = best car Transformer ever. They managed to get most of the parts in the right places through actual transforming rather than fake molded parts. I still can't figure out exactly how certain parts of him transform. He's very complex for a $10 figure and well worth every penny it seems.

20. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Lessee.... command-C, and then Command-V.

Arcee looks... average. Dreadwind does look better in these shots, though. And 08 Bumblebee is LOVE.

;)