New Target Exclusive Transformers Movie Deluxe Repaints

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Super_Megatron, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

This is what happens when they try to make an entire line out of only 5 Autobots & 7 Decepticons. Simply can't be done! There were more characters in Classics & that was just a "filler" line.

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Wow. Pass, though I'm sure someone with be grateful for yet another CC BB release.

3. liechentron

liechentron Well-Known Member

I bet they will look pretty damn cool under a black light.......it s a maybe for me.

4. grock35

grock35 Hmmmm...

News Credits:
    the only one i'd like to get is barricade

5. Veloxiraptor

Veloxiraptor MoƩ than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    Don't worry Noisemaze! We'll still just mindlessly eat it up because it has the Transformers logo on it. According to your theory anyway.

6. Oric

Oric Well-Known Member

I can't help but feel, after seeing these, the often times terrible rereleases of old molds like recon barricade, and the less than stellar looking premium models *in a few cases, starscream, megatron and ops get my vote) that I really don't want to be a completionist.

7. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Not counting repaints, legends and mini-cons, there was only five Autobots and four Decepticons in Classics. Now the initial cast of just movie bots already out numbers that, and that's ignoring all the new mold, non-movie bots that helped fill out the line to what it's at now.

These figures, they're exclusives, cheap and unique repaints that will be sold at a single store for a limited time to help entice people into choosing that particular store to shop from. They picked four popular movie deluxes, threw some crappy blue and added paint to them, and called them something special. Has nothing to do with the mainline as these aren't part of that line.

8. Ironhide546

Ironhide546 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Of all the colors- solid, flat, light blue? And where its applied...What in the hell.... These don't even make sense.

9. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    Not worth buying again.

10. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'll get Jazz, because I'm getting every version of Jazz from the movie, and maybe Barricade. I'm just going to keep them MISB since they'd make better display pieces in package than out.
    Also, Barricade must come with Rumble, since the little guy in his chest is red this time! Awesome, since we got a blue Frenzy with Recon Barricade.

11. Bed Bugs

Bed Bugs Haven't gone postal yet...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Hold on a second though. These are Target Exclusives, so that means $12 to $13 per deluxe. :p 

12. OptimusPrimeFour

OptimusPrimeFour Autobot Supreme Comander

screw that, PASS for me! , this is stupid i hope this is not preimiums , i dont understand just because there under the "allsparks" packaging dosent meen they need to put baby blue on every one , not wasting my money on this

13. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    That is a big fat meh for me. The blue doesn't add that much to warrant another purchase.

14. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    Hasbro bite me!!! Just release the Classic/Universe stuff and stop wasting my time with all these repaints!!!! Just stop!!!! :crazy: 

15. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    Blue accents on Bumblebee?

Oh, who am I kidding!? I'm such a hypocritical whore for that mold... :banghead: 

16. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    So, they have a little blue added to them so they are even less movie accurate?
    I don't get it.

17. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Personally, I'm not interested in any of them, but at the same time, I'm not going to bitch about repaints, even though I'll admit that the Movie line is getting more of them than a usual main line would. Honestley, they aren't forcing us to buy anything, so I don't see the point in complaining about them giving us multiple options to pick from.

18. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Well, heck, it's another chance for me to get an 08 Bumblebee, so I'm happy. :)  He looks pretty good, I think... best out of the four, anyway. Jazz looks pretty okay, but I don't need another. Barricade and Brawl = WTF? That blue just looks wierd.

19. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, that is a lot of random light blue. These look terrible (especially Brawl). :thumbdown 

20. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

News Credits:
    Adding extraneous robin's egg blue apps to a figure repaint doesn't make me want it any more than giving them transparent weapons or any other stupid hokey gimmick. What, they can't be bothered to paint the faces or highlight the details on the excellent sculpting jobs, but they can slap some extra blue on there for no good reason?

Not to mention the movie molds are split evenly down the middle between ones I thoroughly hated and ones I really liked... why would they expect me to buy a third "Mittens Barricade"? GIVE THE BOT SOME HANDS ALREADY.

And did we really need a FOURTH Jazz repaint?

But of course, they'll sell a million of them because anything Transformers is gold right now. At least this will mean more 08BB to quench the ever-ravenous tide of BB scalpers.

Now if the figures had any other additional goods...like the Premium paint apps or new weapons or ANYTHING, I might consider it...but I guarantee I'd be stripping off that stupid blue paint. Ugh.