NEW Target Exclusive Comic online

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Josh, Oct 13, 2007.

1. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    was reading the thread about target kinda upgrading their systems, letting you know if a certain assortment was available in your area

so i went and checked out the TF page of Target and voila! The exclusive comic that will be available with the DVD is now online [much like the first]

So check it out!

[also some slick new robovision content too ;)  ]

Drawn by Don Fig & Andy Wildman
    [with some colors by me xP]

http://www.target.com/b/sr=1-1/qid=..._1/601-1502294-9252115?ie=UTF8&node=347805011

2. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    Dude that freakin rocks!

3. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    i dont see it

4. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Direct link to the PDF here

And yes it rocks :D 

5. Hi Q

Hi Q I don't want a user title

News Credits:
    Me neither, I only see the first one that was also available at BotCon.
    Edit: never mind.

6. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Is it just me or does this comic retcon what happened at the start of issue four of the prequel? In that, Starscream makes planetfall in the US, where they were testing the Raptor. Blackout assumes his vehicle mode elsewhere and wasn't with Starscream at the time, same with Barricade.

7. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Yeah. This is one huge continuity cluster****.

8. drsyn

drsyn Classics Big member

aw Wreckage... he could have made it, could have been a contender... haw.

9. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Awesome. More Decepticon Protoforms! Blackout as Megatron's loyal guard dog. Scheming Starscream. Protoform Brawl, Bonecrusher + Wreckage!
    Nice little comic. Scorponok used his robot mode!

Some of the panels, in particular far away shots, seemed really rushed, and the robots became blobs with legs and arms.

10. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The comic looks cool, but now that I've got the PDF version saved, I don't really need to get it at the store.

11. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Just to get this straight:

In IDW's prequel comic #4, Starscream, Blackout and Barricade arrive on Earth in the USA in 2003, all three of them in different locations. All three assume local forms, with only Blackout actually avoiding any witnesses (Starscream and Barricade kill theirs).

In this comic, they arrive on Earth in Afghanistan together with Wreckage, who assumes an alternate mode but gets quickly killed. Then Blackout immediately sets out for Qatar.

In the movie, it's implied that Blackout gunned down a helicopter in Afghanistan three months prior to the movie's events.

Does this make any sense whatsoever at all?

This comic appears to be even irreconcilable with the FIRST Target exclusive prequel comic.

Also, Starscream's unit immediately races after Megatron, yet arriveres several centuries after him. Wah? But in the movie, the Autobots immediately respond to Bumblebee's signal days after he sent it.

Seriously, What the hell?

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    That's awesome. I can't wait to get it with the DVD :D .

13. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know, I'm dissapointed by this comic myself. Plus Wildman's art got pretty crummy towards the end. No insight into Starscream what so ever too: just one hint of his own desire for the Allspark.

14. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    Eh, its not perfect but its still fun to read. thanks for the link.

15. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Bah. Hate the script and I hate the way Don and Wildman draw the bots. Only good thing about it is it's length.

16. peteynorth

peteynorth TFW2005 Supporter

Well, I suppose Starscream's impact in issue 4 of the prequel series could be construed as not being his landfall from space (or at least not his first landfall from space). He didn't take an alt form in the Target issue, so maybe he achieves high altitude to travel to avoid being seen, and impacts in the US for his issue 4 intro. Yeah, stupid but it's something.

The 2003 arrival of the prequel series also presents a different problem. The mustang form of Barricade (much less the Saleen version of it) wouldn't be on the roads for another year. That said, even if it was reconned for a 2007 landing, it still wouldn't explain the three month gap between the coptor Blackout scanned and his attack on the Quatar base in the movie.

17. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    Yeah, it stinks about all the continuity errors. And the fact that about 4 or 5 times during the comic, speech balloons were attached to the wrong TFs.

Still, taken by itself it's pretty nice. Gives a lot of characterization to the Decepticons that wasn't there, either in the movie or in the prequel comics.

Oh, and I LOVE how they did Bonecrusher-- just like his bio. "Do it now, before I kill all of you"-- TO THE REST OF THE DECEPTICONS. That is SO awesome.

18. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

Dig it. Nice bridge, I just wish the comics would get a constant timeline of when the Decepticons come to Earth. In the prequel, it was the 70's or thereabouts. In this, it seems by Blackout's talking they were only there a short while before the events of the movie.

19. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

Starscream noted that in their Planetary Entry forms, they were much slower than Megatron in his Interstellar Jet mode, but could track him through Blackout, so that accounts for them getting there so long after. We are talking light years after all.

Bumblebee signaled for the Autobots who were probably already in route. I always kinda thought of Bumblebee's signal as more of a searchlight/beacon while they waited within range of the planet, letting Prime and the others know it was fine to spur up activity as opposed to their being on earth already, or being on Cybertron.

20. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

And with that, Best Buy is most likely to win the "which of the dozen DVD exclusives do I get?" contest. Seeing as I can't own toys in online form, heh.

The comic was also a bit disappointing. Not only in the continuity stuff, but also the way Wreckage is left for dead after getting shut down, and some bits of odd-looking art. There were still enough parts in this I enjoyed immensely, but my favorites? Bonecrusher, of course, and "Put away your toy." :lol  It just doesn't seem to be worth getting the disc from Target now, as I wasn't a big fan of the case anyway, and Best Buy has the plastic crack to fuel my addiction...