New Target DPCIs with interesting names

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Hoolagrin, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Blates animated deluxes. :D 

2. Dirt Boss

Dirt Boss Constructicon

Or perhaps another legends combiner?

3. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    The two listings could be either a repack with a free Minicon or Legends toy or similar, thus a different code - but those sort of things usually have a funny number like starting with a 5 in it or similar.

It could be a packaging change means a change in code number (Did Allspark power deluxes have a different number from 2007 Deluxes ?).

Perhaps NEST Packaging or some store unique packaging (free stickers or Patches or such) is a possibility - so kind of added value pack.

Also I suppose store exclusives similar to the Walmart ones (Grindcore/Fracture etc..) is a possibility too... it could even be a previously unknown repaint line like the old Fox Kids Beast Wars line (Red TM Cheetor, White Tarantulas etc...).

[EDIT]

I guess $20.00 for a Cone-max repaint is wildly optimistic but I was typing that on my Wii remote so I was a bit short on space to type. my doubt over the price and enthesis I was thinkiing wishfully.

I think the two glowy things on BB's Shoulders might actually be a slight point in favor of him being some sort of hi ticket price Electronic toy like a Room alarm or just something that makes a lot of noise - but if that was the case it would need to distinguish itself from the Ultimate BB Supercharged toy more.

I think there's potential in that idea - perhaps Blackout could be made as a huge toy not as a leader but as a Computer accessory of some sort - like a USB hub, or a Wireless mouse / Bluetooth device - to justify him being huge... with a Scorponok accessory that is a USB Flash drive.... all of that sort of thing would fit his hacking role in the 1st Live Action Movie and justify a high price and large size - then he might be able to be 'Supreme' toy.

[I know I'm dreaming - but it's fun to do so sometimes].

4. Sidewave

Sidewave Autobot

News Credits:
    i can't believe no one's noticed that they front paged it as dCPi and not the correct dPCi

5. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    I bet my right nut that the Combiner 5 pack is another repaint of Bruticus or Superion
    Maximus,damn Hasbro can't you do anything new besides redo's.Unless its a new mold
    its a total pass for me.

6. DarthMagnificus

DarthMagnificus Banned

God that would rock!

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Considering the prices of the past repaints of the Energon combiner's, I seriously doubt that this Combiner 5 pack is another repaint of one of the sets. I have a hard time seeing them sell a deluxe and four scouts for $20.

8. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

They can if they use that cheap plastic for them. The RiD Landfill combiner is a shining example of that. The original is fairly good quality and has some heft to it, and I think retailed for around $25-30 total(they were sold seperately). But we all remember the yellow and black Black Friday repaint giftset. Ultra cheap in price because it was made of ultra cheap plastic. A Black Friday deal, but still...

9. Hoolagrin

Hoolagrin Wheelie Rules! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wouldn't read too much into that. I believe they have a limited amount of space to describe things.

10. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

5 pk combiner could be a minicon gestalt like Dark Saber or Skyboom shield. I hope these don't suck.

11. An Army of Bees

An Army of Bees WTF@TFW Podcast Editor Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    -redacted-

12. Ian7

Ian7 LOOK AT MY SIG AND CLICK

It wasn't crap plastic so much as the molds were degraded (the Universe 1.0 Devastator repaint of the set has many of the same problems). The price was only so low because it was a Black Friday item.

13. prime13

prime13 UCHUU KITAAAA

News Credits:
    I never got the shield...

But whatever this is.... I WANT IT!

14. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I never got the shield either, but from what I've seen it is pretty cool.

If we can get some little robots that merge into swords or shields instead of just being standalone weapons, that'd be pretty ace. I love the giant Minicon weapons!

However, a thirty dollar set of five that merge into one weapon sounds weird. It's have to be twice the size of the original gestalt weapons. This means it might be intended for the larger robots in the series. Since the only PCC we've seen is Huffer with Caliburst, (a targetmaster), the idea of little weapons that merge into a larger one sounds plausible. Perhaps only one Targetmaster is meant to be weilded by a scout, two combined by a deluxe, three combined for a voyager, and four or more for a leader. Who knows.

15. thedeadmatrix

thedeadmatrix Well-Known Member

probally the picture of the so called leader bulmblebee is cyber ops bulmblebee

16. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    What justifies the $15 increase in price though?

17. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I'm still quite curious as to what a "Power core" actually is.

18. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Same here, I just hope it compromises neither articulation or sculpt.

19. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    What price increase? I didn't see anywhere in the picture that it says "This is $45"

As for what I would guess is the difference between Cyber Ops Bumblebee and a non-existent hypothetical Leader Bumblebee: probably a little increase in size and then a bunch of electronic "Cyber Ops" gimmickry.

20. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    It does sound a bit odd, but looking price points these days, it really isn't so far off the mark. The Kmart legend set of 4 goes for $20? Legends alone cost about $5 to $7 depending on the store. A set of 5 legends... well, $6 x 5 = $30.

I'm hoping for the legends Movie Constructicons.